David Horowitz: Democrats are the party of hate

Thu 4 May, 2017 10:51 am
http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/266568/david-horowitz-democratic-party-party-hate-daniel-greenfield#.WQeW6hZR22U.facebook

Quote:
....Horowitz goes on to point out that Democrats did not let Trump peacefully take office, which he says breaks something very sacred.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 13,513 • Replies: 333
Topic Closed

maxdancona

Thu 4 May, 2017 11:36 am
@gungasnake,
In other news, the Republicans are the party of gun control and Judaism is the religion of bacon.

tibbleinparadise

Thu 4 May, 2017 11:51 am
@maxdancona,
I got a good laugh out of that.... religion of bacon 😄
0 Replies

centrox

Thu 4 May, 2017 11:56 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_United_Church_of_Bacon
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 4 May, 2017 01:27 pm
@maxdancona,
You really don't see hatred in the resistance to Trump?
tibbleinparadise

Thu 4 May, 2017 01:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Not Max, but I see politics as usual. The "left" isn't doing anything the "right" hasn't done, the "right" has just had eight years to forget about all the Obama shenanigans when he first took office.

I consider myself to be fairly conservative/middle of the road, but the whole political scene is just sort of embarrassing.
MethSaferThanTHC

Thu 4 May, 2017 03:23 pm
Democrat is the new black. Ok then. Keep talking.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 4 May, 2017 03:31 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
The right didn't generate gangs of thugs trashing city streets and shutting down free speech.
centrox

Thu 4 May, 2017 04:24 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You really don't see hatred in the resistance to Trump?

I see dislike, but I also think hatred is an appropriate response to fascism, maybe the only honourable response.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 4 May, 2017 07:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You will have to define "hatred" in the context of a political figure.

I hate what Trump is doing, he is hurting people I care about in a real way. I hate what many of his supporters stand for. I hate a way of thinking that I interpret as returning to a time when White Protestants dominated the culture. I hate the refusal to take in refugees and the attacks on Muslims. I hate what I see as scape-goating of "illegal" immigrants.

I don't know how you define "hatred" in this context... but I do have a strong emotional negative reaction toward Trump and what he stands for that comes from a political point of view that is hurting people I know and in my opinion is damaging the country.

I did buy a Trump piñata for my Cinco de Mayo party. So I am not completely anti-Trump.
0 Replies

Real Music

Thu 4 May, 2017 09:14 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Horowitz goes on to point out that Democrats did not let Trump peacefully take office, which he says breaks something very sacred

Republican Party planned complete obstruction of President Obama on the day he was inauguarated
oralloy

Thu 4 May, 2017 09:57 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
Republican Party planned complete obstruction of President Obama on the day he was inauguarated

That's a fiction that the Democrats perpetrate in order to distract from Obama's failures as a president.

The Republicans tried to work with him. Obama ultimately decided to side with Leftist extremists instead of compromising with Republicans.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Thu 4 May, 2017 10:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

The right didn't generate gangs of thugs trashing city streets and shutting down free speech.

Neither did "the left." Some individuals on the left did that.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 5 May, 2017 03:12 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

Neither did "the Democrats". "The Republicans" didn't take over a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon with force of arms or punch out counter-demonstrators at Trump rallies either.

These tactics — black-masked "protestors" engaged in violence — are more reminiscent of European agit-prop radicalism of the '70s. Labeling them "Democrats" is inaccurate and rather disingenuous; "anti-Trump leftists" or "anarchists" might be an improvement. The question is, what are their numbers? Seem to be a lot in Berkeley maybe a few hundred? — and smaller numbers in university towns. Now, if it were really "the Democrats" doing this we'd have a significant problem.

wmwcjr

Fri 5 May, 2017 05:01 am
@hightor,
Thank you for expressing a voice of reason.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 5 May, 2017 08:24 am
@hightor,
That's nice but I wasn't referring to Democrats, rather I was responding to this comment:

Quote:
The "left" isn't doing anything the "right" hasn't done
tibbleinparadise

Fri 5 May, 2017 10:56 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
This is like me lumping the West Borough Baptist Church into the "right". Those people show up at military funerals with some pretty serious hate on homosexuals. Every side has it's fringe extremes.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 5 May, 2017 11:18 am
@tibbleinparadise,
Go ahead and lump them in with the "right." As noxious as they are they are not on a par with Antifa and similar goon squads. More importantly, there has never been a single conservative in public office or the mainstream media who has failed to thoroughly condemn them and/or rationalized their contemptible behavior.

Take a look at the thread in this forum entitled "No Justice, No Peace."

For a large number of people self-identifying as members of "the left" the Antifa thugs are heroic.
maxdancona

Fri 5 May, 2017 11:23 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
For a large number of people self-identifying as members of "the left" the Antifa thugs are heroic.

I am one of the large number of people self-identifying as "the left". I don't know anyone who supports Antifa.

The number of Trump supporters in my family that supports White Nationalist media is much higher. I don't think Westboro Baptist Church is comparable to Antifa.

I think that Breitbart is.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 5 May, 2017 11:34 am
@maxdancona,
Do you engage in political "discussions" on FB or the Comments sections of WaPo and other news outlets? If you did you would find those who consider Antifa heroic and they are not, at all, a handful.

When was the last time Brietbart staff assaulted anyone or destroyed public property?