Sickening

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 01:52 am
Take a look at the pics from those protesting the vote.

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_rally_november_3_2004/

I am all for differnet opinions and protesting, but the idea of protesting a valid vote because it didn't came out like you wanted is insane.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,204 • Replies: 186
No top replies

A Lone Voice

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:19 am
Re: Sickening
CerealKiller wrote:
Take a look at the pics from those protesting the vote.

http://www.zombietime.com/sf_rally_november_3_2004/

I am all for differnet opinions and protesting, but the idea of protesting a valid vote because it didn't came out like you wanted is insane.

Yep. Quite a reality for many of those who call themselves 'progressive'.

And quite a reality for conservatives and 'Middle America', as some of the fascist, jack-boot protesters in the photos point out.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 03:24 am
The title of your post says it all CerealKiller....
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 06:52 am
The pics define the Dem party that the electorate delivered a crushing defeat to last week.

Will they never learn? From posts I have seen on this and the SB forum, they are in denial of the reasons the voters gave in rejecting their message and messenger.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 07:08 am
As much as I despise what these people did, ain't it grand that they are able to do it???? I have no problem with protest, as long as it remains peaceful. These guys look like they were bordering mayhem, buy gratefully, the cops held it in check.

I found the sign "F*** Middle America" extremely amusing. The two coasts have been ignoring the heartland, as if those people didn't even exist, for decades. I suppose that what goes around comes around, and I am a New Yorker, born and bred!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 07:50 am
Larry434 wrote:
The pics define the Dem party that the electorate delivered a crushing defeat to last week.

This is as absurd as the idiots in the pictures.

Takes a special kind of blind partisanship to write off whole sides on account of their extremists.

This is the equivalent of the left's denigration of the right on the basis of the distasteful folk who celebrate when gays die of AIDS and hold up signs saying "God hates fags".

If you want a cheap pot shot you might want to ensure that it is not one that reflects on your own ability to reason more than the broad group you attempt to denigrate.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 07:57 am
They hurt their cause more than the other side could. The Indies and Dems who voted for Bush would be likely to become solid Republicans, seeing this. "F*** Middle America?" I think they have f***ed themselves.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:02 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

This is as absurd as the idiots in the pictures.

Takes a special kind of blind partisanship to write off whole sides on account of their extremists.

This is the equivalent of the left's denigration of the right on the basis of the distasteful folk who celebrate when gays die of AIDS and hold up signs saying "God hates fags".

If you want a cheap pot shot you might want to ensure that it is not one that reflects on your own ability to reason more than the broad group you attempt to denigrate.

A politician and a political party are defined by their constituents, simple as that.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:05 am
Quote:
A politician and a political party are defined by their constituents, simple as that.

Larry434- A few people in San Francisco define a constituency? Every group has their fringe "true believers" who tend to be vocal and grating. It is not realistic to generalize this behavior to an entire political party!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:16 am
Larry434 wrote:

"Constituents" are not monolithic Larry (and do note that we've run into several situations now in which you have difficulty acknowledging things that are not monolithic that you wish to paint that way) and to declare that this idiotic fringe "defines" the Democrat party is as reasonable as to say that the KKK defines the Republican party; i.e. it's not.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:23 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:

Larry434- A few people in San Francisco define a constituency? Every group has their fringe "true believers" who tend to be vocal and grating. It is not realistic to generalize this behavior to an entire political party!

No it isn't, but judging from posts from the Left and Right here, it is a customary and regular practice.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:24 am
Oh that was too rich!
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:24 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

"Constituents" are not monolithic Larry (and do note that we've run into several situations now in which you have difficulty acknowledging things that are not monolithic that you wish to paint that way) and to declare that this idiotic fringe "defines" the Democrat party is as reasonable as to say that the KKK defines the Republican party; i.e. it's not.

No it isn't, but judging from posts from the Left and Right here, it is a customary and regular practice.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:31 am
Larry434- I would expect that the vast majority of the posters on A2K would not go near a political thread, even though they have their own political views. So, what you have is a self selected group, people who are passionate about their ideas, and are the most vociferous.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:34 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Larry434- I would expect that the vast majority of the posters on A2K would not go near a political thread, even though they have their own political views. So, what you have is a self selected group, people who are passionate about their ideas, and are the most vociferous.

yup.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:38 am
Oh damn. She has a point.

But, that was hilarious, Larry. My first BIG smile of the day. Mucho Gracias!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 08:42 am
The Simpsons wrote:

The Amendment song

(Music starts playing)
Kid: Hey, who left all this garbage on the steps of Congress?

Amendment:
I'm not garbage.
(Amendment starts singing)
I'm an amendment-to-be, Yes an amendment-to-be,
And I'm hoping that they'll ratify me.
There's a lot of flag-burners, Who have got too much freedom.
I want to make it legal for policemen to beat'em.
Cause there's limits to our liberties,
At least I hope and pray that there are,
Cause those liberal freaks go too far.

(Spoken)
Kid: But why can't we just make a law against flag-burning?

Amendment: Because that law would be unconstitutional. But if we changed the Constitution...

Kid: Then we could make all sorts of crazy laws!

Amendment: Now you're catching on!

(Scene flips back to Bart and Lisa)
Bart: What the hell is this?
Lisa: It's one of those campy "70's" throwbacks that appeals to Generation "X"ers.
Bart: We need another Vietnam to thin out their ranks a little.

(Spoken)
Boy: But what if they say you're not good enough to be in the Constitution?

Amendment singing:
Then I'll destroy all opposition to me.
And I'll make Ted Kennedy pay.
If he fights back, I'll say that he's gay.

0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 02:17 am
Larry434 wrote:

So basically, you decided to stoop to that level. <shrug>
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:39 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

So basically, you decided to stoop to that level. <shrug>

When in Rome.......
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 05:44 am
This thread is as blindly partisan as the actions it decries.
0 Replies