I'm confused as he showed interest

Grace84

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 05:48 am
I met a guy a month ago through mutual friends and he kept liking all my FB photos and statuses. I have been on Facebook today and it now says he 'is in a relationship'. I feel a bit of a mug as I was hoping to get to know him more. I know it's early days but am I best to avoid him or still be on friendly terms? I don't want to fall for him but ignoring him seems rude. Does that mean he must of known this woman longer than a month? I don't know if he has made up the relationship status to get attention. Just feel fed up at the moment.

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 05:59 am
@Grace84,
After you met him, and liked him, what information did you seek about him?

Lesson 101: determine availability.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 06:03 am
@Grace84,
First of all trying to use social media to steer your way into (or out of) a relationship is not productive or preferred method of finding a bf. Using FB activity you only know that he's got some sort of interest in you, which is a good thing. The fact that he put some sort of status in his FB profile means nothing. And even hypothetically if it's an actual relationship it STILL means nothing. It's not like he announced an engagement.

Continue having actual discussions and meetings with him. In your discussion ask him at an appropriate time what is up.

Or if you are a bit shy, get him to talk about what he does in his free time (weekends) etc. Sooner or later,he'll talk about his dating status if you ask him a direct question .

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 10:23 am
@Grace84,
1. liking FB anything means nothing. I have one friend who likes every single thing they see - to acknowledge they've seen it. that is all it means. it means nothing about interest. Nothing.

2. if you wanted to get to know him - you should have asked him out.

3. what do you mean ignore him? it's not like you're seeing him to begin with.

4. friendly terms? you're not seeing him - there is no friendship - he is a real life acquaintance. that's it.

5. you aren't dating. how are you planning to fall for him. you are not in a relationship with someone because they like your FB posts/statuses

6. you want to know how long he's known his relationship person? you have to ask him

7. if you're interested in someone - ASK THEM OUT. yes, I am yelling. ASK PEOPLE OUT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
0 Replies