Bush supporters' aftermath thread

Ethel2

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 10:05 pm
It's ok, george.......I know you don't like what I'm saying. But twaddle it is and pavrovian (yes I like the term, pleased with it really) it is as well.

It will be interesting to see you and your fellow Rovians twist on your own sword. I haven't seen you over on my thread. You're too smart, aren't you to let yourself in for your own tricks? And right you are. But just get ready to take it because it's coming. Both sides can play this game.

And your patronizing response to me is nothing more that the equivilent of Reagan's "there you go again" or George Bush's Alfred E. Newman smirk. So I'm smirking back. Don't you admire it when you see it on my face, just like you do on Georgie's or your own?

You don't think for yourself. You just pipe the party line. Why don't you come up with something original like "pavrovian" and contribute something new?

Quote:
Did Jefferson write anything in praise of Robspierre? That surprises me. In any case Jefferson was by far the least of the founding fathers of our nation. In my view he is vastly overrated hy historians generally of a liberal bent. His Presidency was largely a failure and in his own life he delivered far more contradictions to posterity than did Washington, Franklin, Madison, and Hamilton who were his superiors by very wide margins.

You say it's in your view, and that's in your favor because at least you take responsibility for the fact that it's your opinion. But then you go on to make pronouncements for which you give no explanation other than to proclaim them as true, as if we are to take your word for it.....as an authority. And what exactly makes you an authority? Tell us, if you will why exactly you think Jefferson's presidency was largely a failure...... on what criteria? If you do, we will probably see that you have your idea about what is valuable and we liberals (I claim the label liberal as something to be proud of, no more apologies for who we are) have ours. So where have you gotten us, then?

I think you say you don't like Jefferson or think him a failure because it serves your purposes. There are some things you value and those who agree with you, you believe to be wise or successful. Well, that's no different than any of us. But really, it's your values against ours. We simply have to find a way to sell ours better than you sell yours.

So twaddle away. But don't think you're doing anything different than the rest of us. We're all (imo) trying to sell our own version of what we think is best.

But please, your version of Rove's party line is cookie cutter. Please try to be poetic without copying.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 10:35 pm
I know almost nothing about Carl Rove, so I'll have to take your word for the "Rovian" bit.

Lola, darling, I NEVER twist on my sword. Even the thought is painful. I do shake it about playfully and thrust with the best of them - but I NEVER twist on it.

Was I patronizing? Sorry - I was trying for parody. I do think the "There you go again" bit worked rather well. Why knock it?

I'll admit I don't like Jefferson very much. The judgment I offered for his presidency is not at all unusual among historians. Apart from the deal with a cash-strapped Napoleon for the Louisiana Territory (which, in view of British naval superiority, he couldn't keep anyway), what did Jefferson accomplish? Not much is the common judgment. Note that I didn't say that Jefferson was a bum. Rather that he wasn't up to the standard of Washington, Franklin, Madison, or Hamilton, and that he left many more contradictions for historians to ponder. This is well-established stuff.

Well I think I am a bit poetic, and I didn't copy anything - that time.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 11:13 pm
george lovie,

You may not know anything about Rove, but you sure repeat his stuff well. You and many other conservatives give the same arguments, almost word for word on all of these threads. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, maybe you just picked it up from something you've read and weren't aware you were repeating.

Quote:
Was I patronizing?

I thought so.

Quote:
Sorry - I was trying for parody

Thank you, but mine was better than yours. So there!

Quote:
I do think the "There you go again" bit worked rather well. why knock it?

I'm not knocking it. It worked well, that's why I'm trying it. I was just thinking about this today. Reagan's "there you go again" was actually a method for pointing out the process of his opponent's argument and avoiding the content. I think this is the best kind of argument. Not that Reagan recognized it as such. He didn't address the content at all. Pretty good trick, I agree. Condescending, absolutely, but apparently condescension works with the American public. They seem to eat up Bush's smirking face.

Quote:
Rather that he wasn't up to the standard of Washington, Franklin, Madison, or Hamilton, and that he left many more contradictions for historians to ponder. This is well-established stuff.

Well established by whom? Who are these, "historians" who have established this stuff? Oh well, don't answer that. I don't know about Jefferson. I do admire Franklin. Observe my new signature line. Smart guy. You should listen to him.

Quote:
Well I think I am a bit poetic, and I didn't copy anything - that time.
(which time?)

There you are with that sweet little Irish grin and your hat in your hand. (But you can leave your hat on.) Endearing and therefore disarming you are and poetic, I agree...........but only when you're not copying. I'm copying Rove's technique. But I prefer, if I can to come up with my own version or content for the technique. However, I resort to just plain copying when I'm in a hurry. I have to hand it to Rove. The man's a genius. And he has to be stopped with his own stuff.

You're a charming guy, george. Too bad you're such a conservative. But you're going to be sorry some day you supported this bunch. Because I know you value ethics and they do not.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 11:25 pm
Well, since I really don't know much about Rove and have never read anything of his, perhaps I invented it. What if Rove is copying me? Goddam ! What if I am the real Rove!!! Think of it, Lola!

That isn't my hat in my hand dammit!

You can be charming too - when you want to.

I guess I am a conservative - but I am not sorry. Hell, we are winning this game Lola. Republican President, Senate, and House. Teddy Kennedy and Robert Byrd make fools of themselves almost every day. When they are silent, Barbara Boxer fills in for comic relief. The real secret weapon of the Republicans is the Democrats themselves.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 11:55 pm
Quote:
Well, since I really don't know much about Rove and have never read anything of his, perhaps I invented it. What if Rove is copying me? Goddam ! What if I am the real Rove!!! Think of it, Lola!

I have thought of it. And I think it may be true.

Quote:
That isn't my hat in my hand dammit!

Oh, I thought it was that little hat you always wear. Sorry.

Quote:
Hell, we are winning this game Lola.

Nobody is winning this one george. And if you don't know much about Rove, you better learn.

I can be charming when I want to be. But I don't always want to and lately, I don't want to be charming at all.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 11:56 pm
good night george. Keep holding that little hat until I tell you to let it go.

kiss
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 12:05 am
Well, Glamor Gams, there you go again Twisted Evil
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:09 am
Moonbats on Parade

With freedom on the move across the Middle East and beyond, aggrieved anti-war protesters here in the United States have nothing better to do this weekend than what they have always done: stand in the way.

The most unhinged of left-wing activists, from breast-exposing pacifists to the conspiracy-mongers of MoveOn.org, will descend on New York, Washington and other major media markets to "mark the two-year anniversary of the U.S. bombing and invasion of Iraq." They will do so by clogging the streets, tying up police resources and leaving behind a trail of anti-Bush propaganda litter.

Who says the Left doesn't know how to create jobs?

In New York, the "Troops Out Now Coalition" plans to march on Saturday from Harlem to Central Park to Mayor Michael Bloomberg's home to demonstrate against the "occupation." Their solution for helping the Iraqi people and demonstrating American leadership: Cut and run. Now!

You can guarantee there will not be a single sign of purple ink solidarity in sight, but the dictator-luvin' ladies of Code Pink who prance around in pastel underwear will be out in full force.

Along the way, the marchers will stop to harass workers at a local military recruiting station. Yes, these are the supposed peaceniks who derive pleasure from ripping yellow ribbon magnets off of minivans and throwing rocks through ROTC campus offices. These are the acolytes of Michael Moore, who compares Iraqi head-choppers to American Revolutionary war heroes.

"Oppose the war, support the troops"? Bull.

By lunchtime, the protest mob will convene at Central Park to take in stirring sermons from New York City councilman Charles ("You know, some days I get so frustrated I just want to go up to the closest white person and say, 'You can't understand this, it's a black thing,' and then slap him, just for my mental health.") Barron; convicted terrorist conspirator Lynne Stewart; and Saddam Hussein sympathizer and pro bono legal counsel to thugs worldwide, Ramsey Clark.

Organizers will also broadcast a taped message from convicted cop-killer and America-basher, Mumia Abu-Jamal. Death row diatribes are de rigueur.

In New Paltz, N.Y., the weekend anti-war festivities will be capped by a speech from Rep. Maurice Hinchey, D-N.Y. -- the unhinged tin-foil hat wearer who continues to assert that White House adviser Karl Rove planted the bogus National Guard memos that Dan Rather wrapped himself in at CBS News.

In San Diego and Fayetteville, N.C., Code Pink -- co-founded by Medea Benjamin, a self-confessed fan of Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez -- will target military communities at Camp Pendleton and Fort Bragg. The Code Pink web site informs its minions that "Beyond Fort Bragg, North Carolina hosts four other of the nation's largest military bases, making the state one of the friendliest to the military-industrial complex."

Code Pink is the same group that champions military deserters and traipsed around the Jordan-Iraq border last year condemning America, praying for the "people of Fallujah," and doling out $600,000 in aid to what they called "the other side."

"Oppose the war, support the troops"? Bull.

The Bush-bashers, as always, have impeccable timing. Nothing highlights the bankrupt obstructionism of the anti-war movement more than the inspiring photos of the renaissance of freedom taking place in Lebanon. Contrast the faces of hope and defiance against terrorism pictured at the massive rallies in Beirut's Martyrs Square this week with the faces of Bush hatred and capitulation to terrorism that you'll see this weekend. Any question about who's winning?

Seasoned observers who cover the War on Terror in the "blogosphere" (the increasingly influential world of Internet weblogs) have a useful term for the American Left's protesters against progress: moonbats. Perry de Havilland of the blog Samizdata (samizdata.net) defined a moonbat as "someone on the extreme edge of whatever their -ism happens to be."

Surveying this bizarre array of grim-faced parade organizers on the extreme edge of anti-Americanism, it's clear: The barking Left has been left behind. And it's driving them batty.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:34 am
Wow! She's so full of hate.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:34 am
timberlandko wrote:
Well, Glamor Gams, there you go again Twisted Evil

Observe the technique, my fellow liberals.

1. Never address the argument of your opponent.

2. Never engage in true debate. Instead poke fun of your opponent. Make condescending jokes. Be a little Socrates. Jab at their defenses and watch them squirm.

3. Be above the criticism. Take on the persona of the beloved old fart whose patience has worn thin. Or alternatively smirk like a monkey. If too many people seem to be recognizing that you are doing the very thing of which you accuse your opponent, make an official statement that you've done nothing wrong. That everyone does it this way.

Observe how our beak faced friend enjoys rubbing it in. Proof positive of the lack of compassion in the new "compassionate conservative."

4. Use their own words against them. Ignore them when they do theh same

5. Never admit weakness.

This phantom compassion if emphasized by the presence of cruelty. As evidenced by Bush's little smirking face. It is clearly a characteristic he is unable to hide. Gloating is so very unattractive.

5. Be willing to be unattractive to anyone who thinks past the party line.

6. Think not at all about your own inconsistency.

7. Accuse your opponent of inconsistency whether it's there or not. It it's not there, never worry, provide a backwards definition of your opponent's intentions, accuse them of your own failings and........

8. Ridicule the inconsistency of your opponent.

You know, if I keep working on this, I should be able to come up with a new 10 commandments.

Edited for incorrect punctuation.

9. Lie
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:37 am
Town Hall; always entertaining. Actually I prefer The Onion.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:40 am
dyslexia wrote:
Town Hall; always entertaining. Actually I prefer The Onion.

Better watch it Dys, Lola is likely to use your post in some list of how liberals should post or something of that nature.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:46 am
Lola,

How long have you felt this way about all this? Do you believe these conservatives are out to get you? Do you believe their conspiracy is unique to them? is it widespread? Do you dream about it or them?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:51 am
Excellent demonstration of conservative technique, McG and george.

McG gets a B, but george gets an A+.

Monotony, george.......that's the key.

10. Divide and conquer.

Dys is safe. He's always known and needs no instruction.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:58 am
Thank you Lola. You get the cigar.

I note that you are rather expert in this technique as well.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 09:12 am
georgeob1 wrote:
Thank you Lola. You get the cigar.

I note that you are rather expert in this technique as well.

I was raised on it. Observe my little blue dress.

And thank you for the compliment and the reward as well.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 09:38 am
That little blue dress gets on my wick.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 09:51 am
spendius wrote:
That little blue dress gets on my wick.

Everybody loves a Monica.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 10:03 am
Lola:-

Elton John doesn't to name butt one.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 10:15 am
spendius wrote:
Lola:-

Elton John doesn't to name butt one.

Many heterosexual men love a Monica......enough to give her a limited power. But that's ok. Everybody needs some measure of influence.
0 Replies