Weeping and gnashing of teeth

sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:14 am
Heh!

On the other hand, his cabinet is marked by cold warriors who have a hard time stepping out of history...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 10:18 am
Laughing
0 Replies

gav

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 12:48 pm
Still cant believe it though. How did a bible-thumping imperialist warmonger get the votes. Personally I'm beginning to blame those on the pulpits every Sunday!!!
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 01:23 pm
Gays, Guns and God + Fear = fascism.

The polarization of America continues unabated under this administration.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 01:38 pm
As I said before the country doesnt deserve the title "land of the free". Well maybe the two coasts, but the manky interior doesn't.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 01:41 pm
The manky interior do not have the freedom of independent thought anymore. The advent of "in-your-face" media monopolies, coupled with lies and obvuscation to promote a radical rightwing agenda, has shaped the heartland into what it is today.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 01:49 pm
I'm tellin ye, they're all getting brainwashed from the pulpits of these radical churches that are springing up all over the country. And these churches are founded on the same principles that this administration was founded : scare the **** outta them and they'll fall into line!!. Certainly does smack of fascism now that you mention it Dookie!!!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 02:01 pm
Ah, gav, finally found the Kerry supporters. I was wondering how long you would stay in the lions den.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:21 pm
hola mis compadres...

i tried to join you on wednesday, but frankly, my disappointment quickly turned to anger after reading some of the bilge coming from a couple of the usual suspects on some of the other post election threads.

as some of you may remember, when i first joined you, i mentioned that i am not particularly liberal. i see myself as fiscally conservative ( which you can interpret as responsible) and socially progressive. the rhetoric that started up before kerry even finished his concession speech offends me on both counts.

the air is thick with right wing crowing. most of it is rubbish.

the bushies claim that "the american people have given the president a mandate". the "american people"?? that implies that bush was reelected unanimously. since when is 51% the same as 100% ?

i find it incredible when someone follows a statement like " we are doing a good thing by giving iraqis the gift of democracy" with the pronouncement that "the democratic party must be destroyed".

it amazes me that some people i know bitch constantly about having their tax money spent on government funded abortions, but have no problem at all with my wife and i kicking in our tax money to fund "faith based initiatives". since we have no children, wouldn't it be fair for us to get a "no child" tax credit since we don't benefit from the public schools? (actually, i don't mind helping with public education. smarter is better for america...)

it is inconsistant with the right wing pseudo-patriotic patois to champion a guy that did everything but the bugaloo to avoid vietnam while castigating a decorated veteran of that war. it is equally 2 faced to claim that you "believe the troops and all veterans are heroes" at the same time that you are insisting that one in particular, (a presidential candidate of a different party than yourself, let's say) is not.

how does one square a vote for someone on the basis that he is "strong on defense and security" when that candidate refuses to do anything about the illegal aliens swarming across the borders? because his backers just love that cheap labor. is it really standing strong; "keeping us safe" to let foreign trucks cross the border without inspection? how about ships and freight? sorry 5% inspection is meaningless.

it just boggles the mind that a constituancy that claims to have voted for bush because of "moral values" and "he's a good christian" decry that people who don't go along with the war are "turn the other cheek liberrrulllllsss! it's also amusing to see the look on their face when reminded that the teachings of the christ instruct us to... (wait for it..) "turn the other cheek".

the contradictions go on and on with that type of republican. not all republicans fall into line with that sort of talk.

what really baffles me, is that i know that most of my conservative friends are horrified by bush's total disregard of fiscal causality. most of them are beside themselves wondering what the hell america is doing in iraq. most of them are in favor of increasing the availability of decent health care for every citizen. most are christians, yet view the born again cult with a mixture of incredulity and suspicion. most feel that bush did indeed slip the leash on his guard obligations and joined only to avoid vietnam. they are wary of the implications of the patriot act. my conservative friends tell me that they are worried about the inflation rate and are pretty damn concerned that china and japan will soon own the america at the rate they are buying up our debt. job loss to other countries and trade deficit are right up there with the overall deficit and the insane tossing of money at pork. in other words, nearly every one of my conservative friends believe that the bush administration is clueless at best.

and yet, they voted for 4 more years of the same and worse to come.

because they just couldn't vote for a democrat.

???????????????????????????????????????????????

okay. that's the bad news.

the good news is that 51% isn't the same as 100%.

the other 49% of us are still here. we are still the same people that we were on election day. we haven't evaporated. and won't despite the best efforts of the money boys, the pnacers, the christian coalition or the plain ol' redneck bimmies that can't stand anything that seeks to rise above the reek of ignorance.

refuse to shut up. silence is agreement.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:25 pm
dtom, it's great to see you again. I wonder how many of us were not particularly liberal before 'right' became so vile. I know that I am in that category.

Great post.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:39 pm
Right, how do you talk sense into people if you dont talk to them?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:44 pm
You can still talk sense into them in other threads. Sorry, they are a bit rabid over there right now and letting loose because they know they don't have to back anything up. Just like over here, we are feeling free to self-indulge in all kinds of anti-Republican fare because we won't be challenged.

These two threads were started in the immediate aftermath of the election as outlets to get out all the nasty stuff that we wouldn't want to bring up in other threads. Feel free to have at any of them in other threads, and there will be many opportunities, but we sort of have a gentelman's agreement to leave them to their gloating in that one thread, and they'll leave us to our complaining and mourning in this one.
0 Replies

gav

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:50 pm
Gentlemen is not a word I would apply to far right conservatives who are dripping with narrow-mindedness.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:52 pm
gav, does the irony elude you?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:52 pm
I hear you gav, and if the nastiness over there was carried into other threads, I'd agree. Here, try this one http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38245
0 Replies

gav

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:57 pm
Right, what I want to know is - what do Republicans here know that the rest of the worlds population doesn't?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:58 pm
Sounds like an excellent topic for a new thread. Feel free.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 03:59 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
dtom, it's great to see you again. I wonder how many of us were not particularly liberal before 'right' became so vile. I know that I am in that category.

same here free d. i looked in from time to time and was happy to see that folks are coming out of the daze. lots of good ideas.

i was thrilled to see this as your sign off;

made me think of a tune they had. sound familiar??

Monster

Once the religious, the hunted and weary
Chasing the promise of freedom and hope
Came to this country to build a new vision
Far from the reaches of kingdom and pope
Like good Christians, some would burn the witches
Later some got slaves to gather riches

But still from near and far to seek America
They came by thousands to court the wild
And she just patiently smiled and bore a child
To be their spirit and guiding light

And once the ties with the crown had been broken
Westward in saddle and wagon it went
And 'til the railroad linked ocean to ocean
Many the lives which had come to an end
While we bullied, stole and bought our a homeland
We began the slaughter of the red man

But still from near and far to seek America
They came by thousands to court the wild
And she just patiently smiled and bore a child
To be their spirit and guiding light

The blue and grey they stomped it
They kicked it just like a dog
And when the war over
They stuffed it just like a hog

And though the past has it's share of injustice
Kind was the spirit in many a way
But it's protectors and friends have been sleeping
Now it's a monster and will not obey

(Suicide)
The spirit was freedom and justice
And it's keepers seem generous and kind
It's leaders were supposed to serve the country
But now they won't pay it no mind
'Cause the people grew fat and got lazy
And now their vote is a meaningless joke
They babble about law and order
But it's all just an echo of what they've been told
Yeah, there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into a noose
And it just sits there watchin'

Our cities have turned into jungles
And corruption is stranglin' the land
The police force is watching the people
And the people just can't understand
We don't know how to mind our own business
'Cause the whole worlds got to be just like us
Now we are fighting a war over there
No matter who's the winner
We can't pay the cost
'Cause there's a monster on the loose
It's got our heads into a noose
And it just sits there watching

(America)
America where are you now?
Don't you care about your sons and daughters?
Don't you know we need you now
We can't fight alone against the monster

sound familiar??

[/B]
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 04:01 pm
Holy sh*t. That's creepy.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 04:09 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
I hear you gav, and if the nastiness over there was carried into other threads, I'd agree. Here, try this one http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38245

i looked free d. that's what i'm talking about. in fact that's the same pseudo-patriotic, democracy loving person that said that "the democratic party must be destroyed".

incredible.
0 Replies