Excessive Force?

layman

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 01:39 pm
Excessive force, ya figure?

Would this make a difference?:

Quote:
The Fort Collins Police Department released a statement, saying the short video doesn't tell the full story of what happened.

According to the department, Surat's boyfriend was involved in a disturbance with another man at the Bondi Beach Bar.

When police arrived to investigate, Surat allegedly "shoulder-checked a bouncer and an officer" and tried to pull her boyfriend from the area.

Surat then physically obstructed and struck an officer, so a "standard arrest control" technique was used to subdue her.

Surat was arrested and booked into the Larimer County Jail on charges of third-degree assault and obstructing a peace officer.

Does it make any difference that she looks like a cheap-ass ho?

Does the guy in the background laughing maniacally make you wanna laugh, too?

layman

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 06:49 pm
Hmm, nobody cares to give an opinion/answer? Let me make it easier by making it a multiple choice kinda thing, eh?

That Babe was kicked to the curb because:

1..Cops are misogynist bullies, who hate women
2. Because she disobeyed lawful cop orders, assaulted an officer, and tried to obstruct justice.
3. Because the cop didn't understand, that, being a woman, she had a special privilege to do so. This would have been OK if she was a man, but she aint.

Add your own answer, if none of these suit ya.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 08:15 pm
@layman,
Quote:

Does the guy in the background laughing maniacally make you wanna laugh, too?

To answer my own damn question, yeah, he does. That laugh is kinda infectious and contagious, ya know?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 08:37 pm
I don't think this is funny or good policing. I think this is the kind of action that puts good police officers in mortal danger.

Police are trained to de-escalate and apply proportional force. I don't care if she spit in his face called him a million vulgar names and stepped on his toes. There is nothing short of pulling a fire arm on the cop that would have required a response like that.

You can see a million of these video's on Youtube where cops think they are above the law and treat people like ****.
layman

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 08:41 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
There is nothing short of pulling a fire arm on the cop that would have required a response like that.

Why ya say that, Gent? They claim such a "takedown" is standard cop procedure when resistance to arrest it being made. Would it make any difference to you if it was some big, burly guy who got thrown down?

It wouldn't have happened if she "pulled a fire arm." In that case she would have been shot on the spot.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 09:03 pm
@layman,
Why do I say that? Because they volunteered to do a job. They were not drafted, they weren't forced, they weren't coerced to become Police Officers. No one told them that it would be an easy job or that they would be treated well, but they did take an oath to be the good guys. When they act like gang members, they should be treated like gang members.

If the "big burly" guy was a woman that weighed at most 100 pounds then no, it wouldn't make a difference. You are making a false equivalence.
layman

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 10:04 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
If the "big burly" guy was a woman that weighed at most 100 pounds then no, it wouldn't make a difference

Can you re-word that? I can't seem to make any sense it, as written.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 10:12 pm
@layman,
I probably could, but are you going to just ignore it? That is the question I have to ask myself.

You asked "Would it make any difference to you if it was some big, burly guy who got thrown down?"

I replied as above. A "big, burly guy" represents a different threat than a tiny girl does. As I said, proportional use of force.

So, if a big burly man represents the same threat as the tiny girl, then it wouldn't make any difference to me. The officer over reacted and used more force than necessary to control the situation. Probably beats his wife at night too.

roger

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 10:17 pm
@McGentrix,
Yabutt the big burly guy would have been a lot harder to throw to the ground.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 10:27 pm
Last week, one of my great-grandchilden, scooter, who is 3 years old, came up to me, shook his little fist in my face, and said "Grandpappy, Imma kick your sorry ass, sho nuff.

I just chuckled and said, yeah, how ya gunna do that, boy?

He said: "I'll your smash sorry face in with my fist that's how." I said, "that aint gunna hurt me none, you're too weak."

He said: Well, I'm coming fully strapped. It that don't do it, I got me a razor. And if that razor don't do it, I got one of 9's in my pocket!!

Once again, I could help but laugh at his treats. Then I back-handed the little bastard into last week. He aint been around with this threats no more.
layman

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 10:32 pm
@McGentrix,
Well,, Gent, kinda seems like you're going with option 3 then.

Quote:
3. Because the cop didn't understand, that, being a woman, she had a special privilege to do so. This would have been OK if she was a man, but she aint.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 10:33 pm
@layman,
Excessive force in your opinion?

Just want to gauge what you consider excessive force to be...
layman

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 10:38 pm
@McGentrix,
Don't get me wrong, Gent, some of these sadistic cops over react every day. It's why the took the job, and they should be in prison.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 10:46 pm
@layman,
Just wanted to make sure there was a line in the sand for you.
layman

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 05:42 am
@McGentrix,
Sometimes it's best for a bitch to shut just the **** up, ya know?

McGentrix

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 06:12 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Sometimes it's best for a bitch to shut just the **** up, ya know?

Rolling Eyes

No. Sometimes it's best for a citizen to shut just the **** up and stop talking to police.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 06:28 am
@layman,
I hope this post was just an example and really didn't happen. If it did happen, why didn't you sit your grandson down and explain why violence is not the answer to problems rather than hitting him? Now, if he has no other influences, there is a good probability he will grow up being violent as well.

You sure you are not using satire in some of your post to make points you don't want to come out and make for some reason?
revelette1

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 06:36 am
As for the video, at the point he threw her down to the ground, it didn't look like she was doing much of anything, he could have easily arrested her by putting handcuffs on her without the need to throw her on the ground. If it was a big burly guy or woman and the perp (watch tv and easier to spell) was difficult to subdue and be put in handcuffs, then I could see the need for it. It seems to me, a cop should be able to logical decisions like that and not have a standard operating procedure for every situation. And no it makes no difference what she has on and she is at least covered anyway.
layman

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 09:23 am
@revelette1,
Well, Rev, I agree that he didn't HAVE to throw her to the ground. But he did. Why? Maybe because he just lost patience after she hit him, tried to block him from reaching her boyfriend, refused to submit to arrest, etc. She was probably taunting him as she was trying to elude his grasp when he threw her down, too. Sometimes too much provocation results in too much reaction, maybe.

De Niro didn't HAVE to shoot that bitch who was raggin on him without relent, either, but he did. She could have avoided it, but, nooooooooooo.

She should be tryin to swagger around like a big dog, tryin to push cops around, and ****, if she doesn't want to suffer the foreseeable consequences. Same with my great-great-grand-baby.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2017 09:55 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

De Niro didn't HAVE to shoot that bitch who was raggin on him without relent, either, but he did. She could have avoided it, but, nooooooooooo.

Yeah he did, it was in the script. Rolling Eyes