Does he like me back?

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 08:41 pm
I have this crush and I'm usually good at reading people but I just can't figure it out. I've checked his social media like facebook but he doesn't have a recent picture or posts at all although I see that he uses it on his phone.

Recently he sits near me when he can and he takes any opportunity to talk to me but I'm thinking it could just be because I'm a friendly person who smiles a lot (in my opinion) and he doesn't seem to have a lot of friends in our school I don't know about outside though...I've noticed too that he stands very close to me when we're in a group and when he talks to me he leans in and talks softly most of the time and on a few occasions he's picked up things I've dropped and once offered to fetch me something I needed. In addition he always seems to notice small things I do or say that I thought nobody would pick up on or care to remember. He even teases me sometimes but that could be just friendly banter and my reactions might amuse him.

What throws me off is that he's usually on his phone a lot and once his female friend made a joke that he texts a lot of girls and he's such a flirt. Now I can't take her word as gospel because she's always joking around but I can't help but think there's an element of truth to it... Once she even made a sexual joke about us and he laughed at her comment - not a mean laugh but how guys usually react to perverted things. I mean, I would think if he wasn't interested he would look at her strangely for making that comment but I don't know how guys operate. In addition sometimes I try to make a joke with our group of friends (albeit dry humour) and I look to see but he doesn't react. Then again, he seems reserved and doesn't make many expressions. I texted him with an emoji to break the ice when I got his number and he replied with an emoji and a short sentence but that was the end of the conversation.

The inconsistencies are torturing me and I don't know if I'm just seeing things I want to see or if he's playing me or what. He's a generally friendly and nice person so I can't figure it out. Can someone please give me their insight and advice as to what to do. I'm far too shy to admit that I like him so that's not an option.

Krumple

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 08:54 pm
@fluffybun ,
No, he hates you because you double post.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 08:04 am
@fluffybun ,
Then have a conversation with him. Not, "OMG I'm so in luv w U!"

Not texting. Face to face.

Say hi. Talk about the weather or school or your spring break plans or the upcoming concerts in the area. It does not matter what you talk about. Just have a conversation like normal, rational people do.

If you cannot have a conversation with him, then you cannot have a relationship with him. Because even if you do get to kissing, etc. he won't know anything about you, and you won't know anything about him. And so even if anything physical happens, that will be all it is.

So have a conversation. Start with hi. Then add more.

And, by the way, if it doesn't work out, then you will have practice doing this and it won't be nearly as scary the next time.

You will never know unless you make an effort. You are going to have to break the ice here. There is no getting around that.
fluffybun

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 07:40 pm
@jespah,
Thanks for your fast comment.

But that's the thing I tried texting recently to test him but I'm not too sure about that either. I mostly talk with him in school anyways although it's mostly work related bc we don't really have mutual friends.

My real issue is from my description does he look like a player to you'll. I really am not interested if he's just leading me on but I'm confused as to why he's always grabbing at opportunities to talk to me in class and he recently tried to convince me to come to this group study. And his actions just confuse me. Either he's trying something or he's naturally flirty and just sees me as a friend

What do you'll think. I just don't want to waste my time and efforts over some playboy...
jespah

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 04:24 am
@fluffybun ,
I want you to understand that knowing all of the answers in flirting is the equivalent to getting all the spoilers to a movie.

Say hi. Make dumb conversation. Interact. And maybe you will fall flat on your face. That is a risk you take.

We take risks in life. This is a tiny one. Truly, it is, because, in particular, you already know each other. Take small risks and the really big ones (e. g. moving to a new city, getting a job, having a kid, etc.) won't be so hard later on.

I have no idea what he is thinking. No one else does, except for him. In life, there are few sure things. Please don't try to squash romance's square peg into the sure thing round hole. Surprises are a good thing, and little failures are learning experiences. The world will not stop spinning if it turns out you misread his behavior.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 07:52 am
When young men are interested in a girl sometimes they make the stupid mistake of showing off as a ladies man in hopes you look back at them as desirable. That might be an indicator of he being interested but as Jespah has suggested first talk to the guy n get to know him better.
0 Replies