Elizabeth Warren in 2018? Possible challengers?

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 01:03 pm
Warren could face off against wealthy GOP businessman in 2018

How popular is the present day Republican governor, Charlie Baker? Does anybody know of this John Kingston? Can these Republicans really separate/differentiate themselves from the current Trump driven Republican party?

How popular is Elizabeth Warren (in Massachusetts) these days? I know she still has a rosy glow for those of us nonBay-Staters but we don't really count in terms of this US senate race.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 7,972 • Replies: 72

izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 01:26 pm
No idea, but I'm posting because I see the fascists have already voted you down. Good luck.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 01:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Much obliged.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 01:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
I this regard I consider you a kindred spirit, and I'm genuinely interested. I don't know any of the contenders who will go up against Agent Orange.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 01:43 pm
@izzythepush,
Speaking of fascists, Izzy.

Possibly people are puking their guts out over such premature talk.

I voted the thread back up.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 02:06 pm
During the primary season, I liked her as much as Bernie Sanders, early on. Then, when it counted most and she might have put Bernie over the top, she went silent. So, I may like her enough to vote for her at this point in time, but I don't trust her as much as I once did.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 02:09 pm
Massachusetts could be filled with contenders as she ramps up her 2018 Senate campaign efforts. Depending on how things go, she might become a major player in 2020.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 02:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

During the primary season, I liked her as much as Bernie Sanders, early on. Then, when it counted most and she might have put Bernie over the top, she went silent. So, I may like her enough to vote for her at this point in time, but I don't trust her as much as I once did.

Getting ahead of you here. I thought you were referring to presidential politics. Scuze me. (slinks out the door)
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 06:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
I am pretty sure Warren will win reelection... especially after the "Nevertheless she persisted" gaffe raised her to greater national prominence. Massachusetts is an anti-Trump state.

Charlie Baker is very popular here. He is moderate, pragmatic and competent. I don't see him losing reelection.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 06:28 pm
I really hope curt schilling doesn't run.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 07:06 pm
@Kolyo,
Ugh! Don't remind me! Laughing
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 01:31 am
@tsarstepan,
Elizabeth Warren is probably the most popular person in the democratic party at this moment in time. She is probably the clear front runner for the dems in the next presidential race at the moment.
Miller

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 09:31 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Elizabeth Warren is probably the most popular person in the democratic party at this moment in time. She is probably the clear front runner for the dems in the next presidential race at the moment.

If this is the case, then 4 more years for Donald Trump....total= 8 years.
Blickers

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 10:04 am
@Miller,
The way the scandals are breaking with even the Republicans calling for investigations, Trump might be lucky to get 8 more months.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 04:48 pm
@Blickers,
Quote:
The way the scandals are breaking with even the Republicans calling for investigations, Trump might be lucky to get 8 more months.

The Democrats are screwing it up again... pulling defeat from the mouth of victory. I think that Trump not only survives, I think he gets two terms.

Blickers

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 06:52 pm
@maxdancona,
In what way do you think the Democrats are screwing up the Trump scandals?
maxdancona

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 07:23 pm
@Blickers,
I don't think they are screwing up the Trump scandals. I think they they are screwing two things up.

First, they aren't listening to the reason that middle America doesn't like them. They aren't addressing political correctness and they have no message things that people outside the liberal bubble care about, like jobs.

Second, they are playing Trump's game. Trump has angry White men in red hats. We have angry White women in pink hats. Angry White people in hats is not a playing field that is favorable for the Democrats. Hillary's slogan "I am with Her" was the start of this. It is one of the worst slogans imaginable.... it is focusing on Gender politics rather than on issues. It is not surprising she lost.

The Democrats have got to figure out a message that focuses on issues rather than on ideology. Trump has a simple ideology "America First". There is no way that the Democrats are going to beat him in a battle of ideological slogans.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 11:33 pm
Quote max:
Quote:
Trump has angry White men in red hats. We have angry White women in pink hats. Angry White people in hats is not a playing field that is favorable for the Democrats.

Yet it's the angry women in pink hats at those town halls that Senators and Congressmen have been calling which seems to have changed the picture about the ACA repeal. Now four Republican senators have said that they will not be able to vote for Trumpcare unless they change it so that the Medicaid expansion, (raising the Medicaid income limit from $9,000 up to $18,000 for a single person, more for a family), is kept. The Trumpcare bill now will reverse the income limit, knock it back down to $9,000 a year, leaving those who make between $9K and $18K yearly in an impossible position to buy health insurance-they don't make enough to live, how are they going to afford health insurance premiums?

The Democrats got victimized by a Hate Hillary blitz. Time to give the Republicans the same. Pressure Republicans to keep the Medicaid expansion and most of the good things in the ACA, and push, push, push on Trump's Russian connections, which look deep. Very deep.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 01:25 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
The Democrats got victimized by a Hate Hillary blitz.

Hate Hillary Blitz? Give me a break. Hillary was a deeply flawed candidate running a deeply flawed campaign. And the Hillary campaign only won the Democratic primary by calling every criticism as "sexism".

And it is not the Angry women in Pink Hats who have changed the picture of the ACA repeal. It is the so-called Bernie Bros, who were pretty viciously attacked by Hillary supporters...

Hillary, a woman running under the slogan "I'm with her" against Trump (need I say more) lost 42% of the woman vote. She lost a majority of the votes of White women.

This failed in middle America. And now we have Trump. And it isn't just Trump, the Republicans now have both houses of Congress and a strong majority of State Legislatures and governorships. The Democrats have been failing at every level.

The liberal bubble is a problem for Democrats. That is why if our side doesn't figure out that we need to have issues rather than identity politics... we will keep losing.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2017 01:28 am
@maxdancona,
I was punching back a bit on that last post. Let me make my point more clearly.

The Democrats have to make a choice; issues or identity politics. This election they ran with identity politics. In my opinion that was a mistake.

I don't hear much serious discussion about issues from the angry White women with pink hats.