What choice to make, after ultimatum?

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 12:25 pm
Geez, how come I can't read God's plan like others can?
Do they have another plan than I do, or is their imagination
better than mine.

chrst10, the interpretation what God wants us to do and
what not is very expandable and individually defined.
I don't think one needs to be restricted in living his/her life to its
fullest without harming others.

If you and your spouse/boyfriend are in agreement to
live your life in accordance to certain rules you think are
God's plan, that's just fine and dandy. However, do not
dismiss other people, who see God's way and plan more
freely defined.

Thank you!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:45 pm
I must have a different translation of the Bible than some of these professed Christians.

Good thing.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 01:53 pm
Just what I thought, too, ehBeth. I'm not sure we're talking about the same God.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:02 pm
... and Eva knocks me on my sore can again! ...
0 Replies

chrst10

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:19 am
"Geez, how come I can't read God's plan like others can?
Do they have another plan than I do, or is their imagination
better than mine."

Read the Bible. Jeremiah 29:11 - these great plans are freely available to anyone who accepts them.

"chrst10, the interpretation what God wants us to do and
what not is very expandable and individually defined.
I don't think one needs to be restricted in living his/her life to its
fullest without harming others. "

What God wants us to do and what He doesn't want us to do are very clearly defined. Simplest case in point - the 10 Commandments. However, His plans for us are designed by Him to utilize the unique gifts that he has given to each one of us.
Once you are saved, you are not restricted. If anything I feel free. Free of guilt and of drugdery. God doesn't want us to live ordinary lives. That's his ultimate plan for all of us...to be extra-ordinary! I love my life. I am doing everything that I've always wanted to do. I am so blessed!

"If you and your spouse/boyfriend are in agreement to
live your life in accordance to certain rules you think are
God's plan, that's just fine and dandy. However, do not
dismiss other people, who see God's way and plan more
freely defined."

God's plan for each individual person are not rules. It's about living the wonderful life that He wants you to live as a testament to his glory. I also didn't mean to dismiss anyone, I just thought that as a Christian prone2wander would be looking for Christian advice. I am truly sorry if I offended anyone.
I have other verses and stories from the Bible that I can refer you to if you'd like. Let me know.
Also, I hope prone2wander is doing well.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 5 Nov, 2004 09:42 am
No thank you chrst10,
I leave this all up to you to interpret your bible.
You see, I don't mind your strong faith and belief in
God, what I object to is your phrase "what God wants us to do.....

It is acceptable for you to to as you interpret God wishes but don't assume it applies to "us". So in re-phrasing you would
say: "What God wants me to do and what God doesn't want me to do...."

Then I can agree with you, that perhaps it is good for
you to believe in your interpretation of the bible. Just not
us, or better me. Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 03:24 pm
Calamity Jane, I'm so glad you're here.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 04:29 pm
http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/liebe/wub.gif
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 05:08 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Calamity Jane, I'm so glad you're here.
Me too. Soooo much gentler than Frank. Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 05:34 pm
Oh! Who is Frank?
Someone they banned from the board and I'm next?
http://www.borge.diesal.de/shock.gif
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 05:39 pm
Frank Apisa is our resident agnostic and he never holds back his thoughts on the subject. He usually catches those who are too sure of them selves, first. Good guy thoughÂ… No chance of either of you getting banned. Smile

Say hello Frank!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 05:47 pm
Yeah, I'm quite frank (pun intended) http://www.borge.diesal.de/oh.gif

Hm, how come I haven't read anything of Frank yet.
Where does he write?

Oh, wait, there is a search function Smile
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 06:06 pm
Hehe, I found him. Frank is really going into the
Lyon's cage (Spirituality & Religion) and looking for trouble Mr. Green
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2004 07:33 pm
He likes it. :wink:
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 09:36 am
I guess, I've come to enjoy it too! Mr. Green
0 Replies

PrettyParis

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 08:44 pm
If she really loved you she'd respect your beliefs and stop badgering you about this 3-some and stop trying to belittle you.
-Paris
0 Replies

Perdition

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 07:37 am
The threesome is one of those things that a person in a relationship may need, it would reflect badly upon you if for reasons of faith you didn't want to have a threesome if in fact by having sex with another woman you were commiting idoltary at heart, but if it's someone you're not emotionally attached to and you're doing this for your wife then perhaps you should just think of the third person as someone who is there for your wife entirely. Your attention and actions will be focused on your wife and that person and whatever goes on between you and he/she is just for her viewing pleasure, but it's not idoltary unless you refuse to believe that sex between partners who have no romantic intention is something sacred/sinful in itself. I'd think of the third person as a tool to help please your wife's needs and not your own, whether you can appreciate that better with a person you know or with a stranger is up to you.
On the other hand, her having a threesome or trying to cheat you out of a sex life is a bit, well, not very nice. If you think it's just something she needs to get out of her system but it would personally hurt you to be involved, maybe she wouldn't mind getting your blessing to try out a threesome with someone else
0 Replies

andromedasplayboy

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 11:21 am
Although I am not Christian, I am very familiar with the bible. Laying with your wife and another woman, whether your wife is "with it" or not, is adultery.

Hold to your convictions. Hold on tight. There are some that you know who truly look up to you. Don't let your robe be stained. Religeous leaders are in a respected position. As a minister to the truth, you had better be careful.

You don't need sex. You're a man. You want sex. Twist her devious ultimatum. Tell her that if she goes to bed with anyone other than you, that you will divorce her. Ask her what she loves more. The man she married, or a sensation which she's never experienced. It is the only grounds for divorce. That way you could find a spiritual bride. One who is a compliment to you. Ask yourself honestly, in your own heart where earthly ears cannot hear you. "Do I love my wife, or my Lord and Savior?" Then seek Jesus' own words: Mtt. 10:34-36

Although God hates divorce (mal.2:16)we know that thinking whole heartedly in the "sin" so as to do it, is seen in the eyes of God as already done. Bring this before the other ministers of your congregation. Hear their views. Do not be ashamed. Seek help and guidance. We can all use some sometimes.

Also, if you hate it when she calls you all of those rude names, then you really shouldn't do it. Not only will she call you all of those things in the future if you give in, she'll also call you a hypocrite. Believe me, if someone's able to throw that word in your face, they will- and it cuts.

There's more, but I don't want to run you down or be irritating. If it's possible, please reply and let me know what you thought of my comment.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 10:59 am
Dear Prone:

I'm new, and a Southern Conserative, But IMO marriage is between 2 people (regardless of sexual orientation). 3'is a crowd. Experminting is for singles. Marriage (read my other threads) is about committment and LOVE. When you are really in love, Passion IS Present, it almost has to be overcome. LOTS of Luck you will need it to stay with this one.
0 Replies

shaddix

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 10:43 pm
i won't even spend a minute thinking about this, how can you consider going against your convictions? what's more important to you? what are you talking about? how can something as trivial as this even compare to what you have between you and God.?
0 Replies