My friend asked my bf if he cheated, but the answer differs

mwollen

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 01:52 pm
A friend of mine asked my boyfriend via text if he was talking to any other girls during our relationship (Talking as in extremely flirtatious or physical relations) he said yes but that it was a long time ago. My friend told me because they felt bad. I confronted my boyfriend and he's saying that he felt pressured into saying he did cheat because my friend kept badgering him for answers. Should I believe him when he says he didn't cheat and that he felt pressured into saying yes by the questions he was asked or is he actually lying to me?

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 01:55 pm
@mwollen,
mwollen wrote:

A friend of mine asked my boyfriend

dump the friend who thinks it is appropriate to talk to YOUR boyfriend about YOUR relationship (let alone to tell you about the conversation)

I'm amazed your boyfriend didn't dump you as a result.

that person is messing in something that is not their business
ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 01:56 pm
@mwollen,
mwollen wrote:
I confronted my boyfriend

hopefully you talked to him and did actually not confront him

__

and, really, the person you call a friend is not a friend
mwollen

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 01:57 pm
@ehBeth,
So you're saying dump me for asking him if he cheated on me because he openly admitted to someone else that he did?
mwollen

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 01:59 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah I don't think confront is the word I should've used. I talked to him about it.
0 Replies

mwollen

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 02:02 pm
@ehBeth,
Ultimately - do you think I have a reason to worry that he actually did cheat or no?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 02:04 pm
@mwollen,
Yup. If I was your boyfriend I'd likely have dumped you for having an idiot friend AND listening to her crap AND then bugging me about it.

Your so-called friend had NO business talking to your boyfriend about anything related to your relationship.

I hope you busted her ass about it.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 02:21 pm
@mwollen,
Count me in with ehBeth on this one. Your friend had no business asking your BF anything. If you put her up to doing it for you, then you should be ashamed and beg your BF for forgiveness.

Quote:
My friend told me because they felt bad.
No, your friend told you because she wanted to cause trouble between you and your BF. If I were a betting man, I would bet your "friend" has the hots for your BF and wanted to cause the two of you trouble.

Quote:
Should I believe him when he says he didn't cheat and that he felt pressured into saying yes by the questions he was asked or is he actually lying to me?
Who knows? This is what happens when you let others get into your business. It sows seeds of doubt where there were not any previously. Look, if you had no doubts about him before your "friend" butted in, then you probably should not doubt him now.

One last thing. I think your BF is a bit immature. His only response to your "friend's" text should have been "None of your damn business." And then he should have ignored her or blocked her. He needs a lesson in how not to let others butt into a relationship, just as you do.

Tiger81

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 02:36 pm
@mwollen,
He didn't open admit it.

Your friend is not a friend.

This is middle school stuff.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 03:30 pm
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:
Quote:
My friend told me because they felt bad.
No, your friend told you because she wanted to cause trouble between you and your BF. If I were a betting man, I would bet your "friend" has the hots for your BF and wanted to cause the two of you trouble.

that's my suspicion as well
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 04:57 pm
WHY is your friend asking your BF this?

Did you put her up to it?

It seems so odd that your friend would badger your boyfriend like that.

May I ask your ages?
0 Replies

KittyMeowMeow

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 05:46 pm
@mwollen,
I'd ask your friend to look at the texts they exchanged. That seems like a way to see what happened.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2017 06:54 pm
@KittyMeowMeow,
No. There is no benefit to anyone in continuing the idiocy.
0 Replies