cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2017 09:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
What irony! My wife just got her flat cellphone from the flip today. It was easy to transfer the phone number, because the sales person did it for her.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 04:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
When the card from my flip top was transferred to the new phone, it automatically transferred contacts, old messages and such. My daughter gave the phone to me. She had it operating and had me take a few calls and it seemed simple enough. But when I was alone, I realized I did not understand enough about it. Reading the instructions over has helped. Fortunately I don't get that many important calls.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 11:29 am
@edgarblythe,
My wife rarely uses her cellphone. She uses it when we get separated at stores, and she want to know where I am. Nothing urgent or important.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 05:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The kick in the pants with my phone is the instruction book. The information is almost abbreviated. The Titles are in black ink, but the instructions are in really tiny grey. Even with my glasses on it's hard to read.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 05:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
You should contact them and tell them about the problems you have encountered.
When our kids were young, my younger son said that coke should use plastic bottles. I told him he should contact the company with his suggestion. He got a coupon for one case of coke. Wink
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 05:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If I used it the way many others do, I might do that. But I think I can get and send phone calls now and that is all I want it for. It would do the wi-fi, but I have my desktop.
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 05:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
I can't help. I have a dumb phone that I have carried with me while driving or just meandering for years, probably circa 2006.

I do use it, and often charge it. Now I carry it more. So I charge it most days, as protective. Since I have wobbles near the mailbox conglomerate mail center, over poor paving, I take a stick, to hold on.
But always my phone.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2017 05:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's all my wife wants from her cellphone.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:59 am
I have discovered what may be the core of my problem, flat phone-wise. It is rejecting my card, I think. We can go through all the right moves, then call each other and it's fine. A bit later when I turn it on, a banner slides across the top, informing me the sim card has not been installed. Hmm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:38 pm
No more guesses or promises. The book is finished.
Roberta

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
Congrats and bon chance.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:46 pm
@Roberta,
Only took nearly two years. Smile
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yaaaaaaayyyy!
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:48 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Slurpies for everybody.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
I had to look up what a slurpee is (I told you I was dumb). I'd heard the name but that was all..
... sounds like a fine idea. Are there any chocolate ones?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:54 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I don't know. Haven't had one in 30 years.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 09:58 pm
Back when I was very involved in learning etching with different kinds of plates, using the ucla art room and its giant etching press and staying very late, I would stop on the way home at 7/11 for ice cream. I would be wrecked re getting up in the morning, but those are oddly good memories.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:01 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I liked stopping at a 7-11 from time to time. They pulled out of southeast Texas a long time ago. There was one in Tomball just before I moved here, but it was gone shortly.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Two years? I don't think I've ever continued reading one book longer than 2-3 weeks.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2017 10:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The one I was writing. Sorry to be unclear about it.
0 Replies