Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 07:59 am
A continuation of my "I Think" thread. I don't like making two threads of it, but the other requires frequent bumping anymore. I Think began as an attempt to marshal as many random thoughts as possible, in Jan. of 2007, until I exhausted my reserve, and then it evolved to a general purpose conversation thread. A means of keeping connected with those interested in maintaining casual friendship. I am a retired man of 74 years, largely self educated, to the extent I am educated, living in a mobile home park, in the middle of some of the maddest development of subdivisions, highways and new businesses imaginable. I have a record collection that I began in 1958, once numbering in the thousands, now down to perhaps a thousand. I am an aspiring author, already self published, but have signed a contract to be published in April. On the cusp of finishing a novel of 90,000 words.

Please feel free to join me at your liking and convenience, and thank you to all who have participated in the original thread.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 17,829 • Replies: 533

Lash

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 11:12 am
@edgarblythe,
📚
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 11:53 am
@edgarblythe,
Interesting. This added a new dimension to my 'knowing' of you. It's nice!

We could put this stuff in our 'profile' but I think this interactive way of doing it in a thread is better. And more fun. I like Fun.

I'm a self educated engineer living on a 3000 foot strip of grass registered as an airport in a remote rural area in N. Florida. Now 69, I retired long ago but still tinker with airplanes, cars, motorcycles, music (my ax is trumpet), gadgets of all types, basically anything with an engine or a computer in it. Did I say I like fun?

Sometimes write, think about publishing, then think better of it. I hang out way too much here and on Quora. Life's ambition: Figure out the answer to life, universe and everything. (don't you say it!...) Convinced that Fun has a lot to do with it.

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 12:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'll keep following, and hope to hear good news about your book.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 12:29 pm
@Leadfoot,
We don't gotta see eye to eye on everything to get along. We have a number of posters that I don't agree with perhaps 80%, but have friendly feelings for. Thing about writing, for some of us, it is a necessity, just like eating and breathing. That doesn't make us all good or successful, but we have no choice but to try.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 12:30 pm
Good to have you here, lash and CI.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 12:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ed good luck on that novel; let us know. I'd submitted an inq offering "'The World, as Told to the Young Man in Short Words,' 77,000 words of 1 syllable each. Only one pub wanted to read it so I sent 'em a 5-lb ms; didn't even reply

Can you plink a link to 'I Think'
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 12:54 pm
@dalehileman,
My novel has words of varying syllables. It actually tells a story, with beginning, middle and end. I can't even imagine a book with just single syllables throughout.

Here is a link to "I Think."
http://able2know.org/topic/90584-1
dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 01:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ed you might've made my entire week if Tom hadn't beat you to it

Quote:
,, imagine,,,single syllables,,,
Looking back, I too can't imagine why I did it

Thanks for the link too. But given 348 responses (you must be quite the stimulating commentator) whether I ought even to respond. Maybe I could do so in an OP...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 04:34 pm
Looking through used books, I found "After Worlds Collide," by Philip Wylie and Edwin Balmer. I haven't read it in enough years, I don't recall how it goes. Nacherly I bought it, for 99 cents.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 04:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm here, of course.

Just looked out the kitchen back door - the Petroglyphs still have snow remnants.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 04:46 pm
@ossobucotemp,
It got in the twenties, with just a tad precipitation, but we are getting back to normal. In fact it will be in the upper seventies in a day or two.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 04:58 pm
Good luck with this Edgar . I remain an interested follower.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 05:02 pm
@georgeob1,
Thanks. I expect it will have a similar success rate as #1. Not wildly popular, but something to connect with all who wish to check in now and then.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 05:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ed this might sound idiotic but #1 what
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 05:17 pm
@dalehileman,
I moved the I Think thread to this location, because it was too long and had to be bumped repeatedly.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 05:22 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Figure out the answer to life, universe and everything. (don't you say it!...) .

I'll do it... 42!
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 05:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
Several of the long good threads have been changed to new ones once they got into bumpville. We can always look up the earlier thread. Jespah is probably the first to do it, re the Brit thread.

Panzade, dear one, gave us new space re the cartoon thread after I, the nudge, gave him some grief. A lot of us find the thread still a favorite.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 05:38 pm
@ossobucotemp,
If the my friends function was automatic and included all members, the bumps would not be a factor.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2017 05:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
Huh?

I think it is a tech thing, re limits.