cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 09:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
They're gonna have a bunch of angry customers. It's already pretty expensive. I betcha many will cancel their contracts.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 02:01 pm
Poppy Fields of Mars got its first rejection today. It may be a difficult one to place, so I am cultivating patient persistence where it is concerned.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 May, 2017 07:49 am
I saw the first copperhead snake of the season. Longest one I have seen. It was on my neighbor's drive. Since she is still in Japan, I cleaned it up. I was puzzled how it got there and in that condition, until I decided it had been run over and then dragged through the gate by a cat. It was so thoroughly torn up that I had to scrape it up and then water hose the pavement. Lucky Rocky didn't find this one.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 26 May, 2017 04:06 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Poppy Fields of Mars
Love the title!
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 May, 2017 04:15 pm
@Leadfoot,
I made the narrative pretty crass in many areas, on purpose. They likely will never accept it that way.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 07:10 am
Among the spam emails I find most irritating are the ones that give my email address as their own, making it impossible to block them. They have been flooding my mail for years, with dozens per week. What puzzles most is, why would such classless jerks think I would respond to anyone using such a tactic. It just makes me delete their mail immediately, unread. I get some useful mail in the junk folder, which is why I like to keep it clean.
newmoonnewmoon

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 06:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
Spam could be hackers as well.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 05:16 am
Oh what a beeyoutifull morning
What a beeyoutifull day
I got this sprigging feeling
Dum dum dum dum dum
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 08:50 pm
Going in for a hearing test tomorrow. I don't think I have enough problem to be worth the fuss, but mrs edgarblythe do. Since she got her fancy hearing aids, she has become more critical of my hearing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 04:33 pm
Ear dude says I got severe hearing loss. Mm Mm Hearing aids is expensive.
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 04:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
I was tested and told to get hearing aids somewhere around 2000. I went to UNM for testing, now fairly recently. Best for me, $2500.
What?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 05:14 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I don't know how I am going to handle this. To me it isn't such a big deal, but it is to my wife.
0 Replies

newmoonnewmoon

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 07:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
Very well
0 Replies

newmoonnewmoon

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 07:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
But worth it for the mrs
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 31 May, 2017 07:42 pm
@newmoonnewmoon,
If it makes her happy it makes me happy.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 12:23 am
@edgarblythe,
Check to see if you are eligible for VA. You might be and sometimes they will provide hearing aids. I helped my Dad but that was sometime before 1997, things might be easier in 2017.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 04:20 am
@glitterbag,
Believe it or don't, an angel of mercy is donating some hearing aids, free of charge. Good quality ones.

And, I registered with VA long ago. But they treated me without any real interest in my problems, so I didn't ask help of them a second time.
Ragman

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 07:31 am
@edgarblythe,
As I mentioned to you elsewhere online, it's very pleasing to read that you might have an inexpensive solution to your hearing loss.

As for the VA hospital, I may have spoken to you about this before so forgive me for possible repetition. Over the span of time of the last 5 years, many VA hospital, medical care facilities have greatly improved their medical care. Rules , procedure and retraining has swept out a lot of the bad and poor care in many facilities.

While I can't tell you what might be true for Houston area veterans, I do know in FL and in Albany NY the care is very good to excellent.- spotty to below-avg in Manhattan. Both my cardiac (replacement of pacemaker /defib) and oncology issues (Non-H Lymphoma diagnosis and treatment and now in remission) . I do know that qualified veterans do got low or reduced cost eyeglasses and hearing aids when diagnosed with hearing loss.

While that doesn't mean the same is true for Houston area, it might mean you could be passing up some decent medical care that might cost you very little.

VA medical care system, on the whole, has improved the veteran's wait time after registering initially and receiving the care requested. It used to take months, now is down to a relatively short time or there's hell to pay. My processing initially took 1-2 weeks. Got good non-emergent care by GP, within 3 weeks.

I might advise you to give them another chance if it's been more than 5 years since your last visit to VA. Just a thought.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 08:31 am
@ossobucotemp,
I see I wasn't clear - that 2000 was the date., not a dollar amount. I couldn't afford hearing aids. Between then and a few years ago, I got tested again, need hearing aids even more so, still can't afford them.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 08:56 am
@Ragman,
Aside from the hearing problem, and a few minor situations, I haven't been in contact with any doctors in nearly twenty years. You could be right about the newer VA. Maybe one day I will have occasion to find out.
0 Replies