I have decided to jump naked into the wilderness.

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:06 am
I didn't even understand the questions, but I have a big HDTV, a full liquor cabinet and some of that new ky that warms on it's own....paulaj you are invited to watch the Gus National Geographic special with me......
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:31 am
Be careful Gus. Being as big and hairy as you are, Ted Nugent might mistake you for a Kodiak bear, or sumpin.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:33 am
I'm thinking that gus will figure out some way to use this trip to make money off the Sasquatch legend.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 10:42 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I didn't even understand the questions, but I have a big HDTV, a full liquor cabinet and some of that new ky that warms on it's own....paulaj you are invited to watch the Gus National Geographic special with me......

That sounds like a pretty good time, count me in.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 05:32 pm
I just took the test and answered every question correctly.

Judging from the test results of the participants of this thread it has become as clear as spring water that I made the correct decision when I decided to go alone.

That doesn't mean I won't miss you guys or anything like that. It simply means I may have a prayer of a chance at survival.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 05:35 pm
I was tempted to take Paula along for those times when the blood flows at alarming rates, but I have decided the more prudent course of action will be to capitalize on the unwary raccoon.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 05:44 pm
Gustamakingabaddecision

How can YOU resist taking ME! Arrow Question

Simple question.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:00 pm
cavfancier wrote:
I got five questions right on the quiz. I humbly offer my services as wilderness guide to gus.

That is TOO friggin funny. I gambled on every single question because most of the time, I didnt even have a clue what they were talking about. The only conscious choice I made was when they asked something about "bear country" and I quickly said, err, "leave the area", and when they asked about GPS I said "none of the above", cause I dont trust nona that modern technology. Guess what? I got eight questions right - even the one about "the diameter of a snare opening to catch a rabbit"! LOL!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:00 pm
cavfancier wrote:
I'm thinking that gus will figure out some way to use this trip to make money off the Sasquatch legend.

As usual, Cav's honed on the big issue here. Now that Gus is clearly off his gourd, HOW DO WE MAKE SOME MONEY FROM THIS?

I'm going with two concepts, consider yourselves the focus group. Pitch time!!

1. A documentary along the lines of 'Jeremiah Johnson', man in the wilderness sort of stuff. Going mano-a-mano with the grizzly WITHOUT a shootin' iron will be interesting. Obviously we'll need to pixilate the image a fair bit.

2. Naked SURVIVOR. Gus leads his naked tribe against other naked tribes in a battle-royale for the money. I think TWO grizzly bears will be involved. A truckload of rattlers too and some of those HUGE Amazonian spiders.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:03 pm
Amazonian spiders in Alaska?

<raises one eyebrow>
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:05 pm
Mr. Stillwater wrote:
Now that Gus is clearly off his gourd

What? Was it vague before?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:07 pm
Gustagetlooped

This is for you, I'm going to mis ya big fella <holding back tears>

http://images.antiqnet.com/thumbnails2/NMO7093jd69.jpg
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:17 pm
Ever since you've figured out how to post images, Paula, you've gone crazy.

Crazy, I tell ya'

But thanks for the drink.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:21 pm
That test is silly. Some of their answers are just plain wrong. Like the one about what to do if you spot carrion in bear country. Get out of there quickly?????? I guess not, folks. You miss all the excitement that way. I'd sure stick around and hope some bears come around. When yer out in the wilderness like that you get lonely for company. And bears is purty good company sometimes. Yessir. I remember one time trekkin' through Jellystone Park and I met this really ditzy bear wearin' a necktie and a kind of slouch hat and all. Man, he was one funny dude. Laughed like to cry. Had a little fella with him, a smaller bear named Poo-Poo or something like that.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:21 pm
This is my drug of choice, if my family knew how much I consumed, an intervention would soon follow.

http://acts.org/roland/mt.dew/desktop.jpg
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:24 pm
I think we should think of some stuff that Gus can take with him to remember us by.
I'm gonna give you a dlowan rabbit's foot for good luck.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:26 pm
panzade wrote:
I think we should think of some stuff that Gus can take with him to remember us by.

Can you top my Jack D?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:28 pm
panzade wrote:

Not without dying first, you ain't.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:31 pm
panzade would be willing to die for me, dlowan.

Give up the foot and walk (hop) away.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 12 Oct, 2004 06:34 pm
sure Paula, shall I top it with a little Drambuie?
0 Replies