What I can do to Reduce the Effect of Climate Change in the Future

Frugal1

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 08:48 pm
@farmerman,
The you know it was a total scam, as were most of the companies 0bama funneled money to. If you want to reduce the effect of climate change in the future, you can stop throwing other peoples money at it.
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 08:50 pm
@Frugal1,
you seem to have your "truths" spawned from your worldview, not from the facts.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 09:04 pm
@Frugal1,
Have you ever had your hands almost totally blasted off?

Farmer knows how to spell. He has rigged mechanisms to help him type but I am guessing they are tiring.

Don't be a prick when you don't know people.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 09:27 pm
@ossobucotemp,
amen!
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 07:23 am
@ossobucotemp,
Response moderated: Personal attack. See more info.
Frugal1

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 07:24 am
@farmerman,
You seem to make lame comments, and then change the subject in the hopes that nobody notices.

Bottom line: GW is a HOAX, and anyone that believes humans can alter the global temperature is an idiot.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 08:46 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Its funny that seed producers, water agencies, and other kinds of planners use climate models regularly to help with their crafts.

What's the alternative? As you said, better than a coin toss.
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 08:59 am
@Leadfoot,
you seem to NOT want to understand. Better than a coin toss by a sizable amount that actually makes or saves lots and lots of money . Geophysical models made fracking doable and the tapping of minor petroleum plays more profitable

Youve been in the software game. were you not familiar with how iteration works?
All models are calibrated and run for QA in many methods. Calibration against a pst reality aint a bd means to help refine a model.

Like variograms can pretty much copy a real surface , the more points the better the fit.
Models are tools to help us better understand. they are not meant to be magical insights.(Alhough a number of model geeks seem to feel that thir model is BETTER than reality)
farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 09:00 am
@Frugal1,
Quote:
GW is a HOAX, and anyone that believes humans can alter the global temperature is an idiot
Tell ya what, you keep being our barrista and Ill be the science guy who ordered a cuppa coffee, K?
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 09:01 am
@farmerman,
Yeah, but none of that proves man can adjust the global climate.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 09:03 am
@ossobucotemp,
I had fuggl on ignore because he seems to have anger issues and is unable to craft sentences that make valid arguments. I suspect he will be given a time out in a few weeks.
Course so may I, Gungasnake sent me a note that he reported me for being honest with him. (He dislikes charges of dishonesty when applied to him
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 09:10 am
Farmboy is quite emotional, he should take a few deep cleansing breaths & find his safe space.
Emotional & irrational is no way to go through life, Farmboy.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 09:15 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
you seem to NOT want to understand. Better than a coin toss by a sizable amount that actually makes or saves lots and lots of money . Geophysical models made fracking doable and the tapping of minor petroleum plays more profitable ...

Quite honestly, I think you have some kind of bias against anything I say because I haven't disagreed with anything you've said on this subject, quite the contrary.

Not to disparage them but the Geophysical models used for hunting oil & gas are simplicity itself compared to climate models. They are much closer to being optimized than climate models.
TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 10:32 am
@Frugal1,
The purpose of this forum is discussion. You don't seem to get that. You insult and berate while trying to push your politics. You're wasting your time here. Nobody's buying.
Frugal1

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 10:38 am
@TomTomBinks,
You just did everything that you claim I am doing - you are a hypocrite.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 12:13 pm

U.S. Officials say Climate Change is a HOAX.

Carry On.

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 12:18 pm
@Frugal1,
Having employees of the givt say stupid things is nit new. Many of the nuke progrm in the 70;s were closet Creationists who were working as engineers in the Sandia Labs and ORNL. It was usually about 1/10 0f 1% of professionals.

Happens all the time. I wouldnt try to make any scientific conclusions from it if I were you.
Frugal1

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 12:22 pm
@farmerman,
0bama said stupid things daily, and you believed him.

Believe it, or not - Climate Change is a HOAX.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 12:24 pm
@Leadfoot,
Thats why we run several dozen different ones to predict weather.

Climate chnge Geophys models use much of the various Climate models to predict short and long term possibilities resulting from melting ice cap water flowing into ocean "streams" The density of cold water i measurably different than normal sea water and the climate repurcussions vary from minor to devastating.

Earthquake modelling for prediction means is several orders of magnitude more complex than weather trends and stream flow
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 03:21 pm
None of your computer model makers have offered a solution to this non-existent problem, why is that?

Why not blast sand into certain areas of space above the planet & filter the sun that way?