What I can do to Reduce the Effect of Climate Change in the Future

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 05:12 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Use to visit Phoenix pretty often when I worked for Florsheim Shoes, and when our son was stationed at Luke AFB.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 05:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I lived there from end of 1987 to the end of 1991. Not a very long time and I never could think of it as "home". I moved back to Western New York.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 05:46 pm
@TomTomBinks,
I think I remember LA 50's smog as brownish yellow, or yellowish brown..

I've been to Phoenix a few times, for visits to friends who had jobs there for a while, and once for a wedding. Lovely wedding; later, that one didn't work out.
TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 1 Jan, 2017 08:29 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I remember when I lived there a lot of people would go up to South Mountain Park to take their wedding photos. Some would even have their ceremonies up there.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 07:01 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1JAXCnVEAAZeFb.jpg:large
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 07:52 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
the climate models are right.

Really? Which one? How did they verify it?

Although I am certain man is causing some change in climate I have no faith at all in those models. They all contain many constants that are wild estimates that we have no way of verifying yet. Even a tiny change in any of them and the results change radically.

I support many measures that minimize our impact on weather but if they ask me for a dime in response to a climate model forecast, I'd tell them to go **** themselves.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 11:46 am
@Leadfoot,
Since they are in broad agreement pretty much all of them. Remember they offer a sheaf of future outcomes depending on what we choose to do, e.g. increase fos as il fuel use or switch to alternative fuelause coal or more natural gas. The changes in climate verify them. To take a couple, the models predicted the Arctic would see the first major changes and it iss. Historic lows in ice coveragee disturbed jet stream as a result which screws yp our wint ed rre weaxther. Bleaching of temp- dependent coral reefs which supply a lot of the world protein--read rrcent news of deep peril of Great Barrier Reef. Earlier onset of spring and glacial runoff too early for river'-dependent agriculture. There is ample verification that GW is real and the models have nailed it.

Frugal1

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:01 pm
@MontereyJack,
That reminds me, one of my 4WD SUVs needs an oil change, and the other should be filled up up with premium soon.
My 4WD truck and my sedan are currently filled with fuel, and up to date with service requirements.

GW is a HOAX, and the fake models prove it's a HOAX. It takes a special kind of stupid person to go along with this GW HOAX.

Human activity around the globe has zero effect on the global temperature, never has - never will.
mark noble

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:14 pm
@Frugal1,
Wrong!
Please....
Frugal1

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 12:19 pm
@mark noble,
Please... you know I'm right, you just refuse to accept that you are wrong.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 01:43 pm
@Frugal1,
The world knows you're wrong up
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 01:52 pm
@TomTomBinks,
We now live in Silicon Valley, and love it here for the climate and safety. Also for the appreciation in the value of our home. We live close to Apple's new Campus 2 now under construction at a cost of $5 billion dollars.
We are close enough to San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Monterey, and family to drive a few hours to visit.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 01:55 pm
@MontereyJack,
You are not accounting for the constant tweaking of the models that has been done to force them to match the observations.

This is not necessarily an invalid technique to improve a model but until the model is 'fixed' in place and has a substantial record of making predictions, it isn't something I'd rely on. This has not been the case so far.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 02:07 pm
@MontereyJack,
Really, the world?

Wow, then your world is wrong.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 02:11 pm
@Leadfoot,
there are quite a number of models, only a few are statistical where the data base is used to further refine. Other models are finite element hybrids and use iterative data to merely refine the predictions a bit.
I use many models in prospecting and, hile I dont say that qe hit it ON , 100% of the time, our predictions have risen from basically a coin toss in the 1940's to about 75% accurate today.

Its funny that seed producers, water agencies, and other kinds of planners use climate models regularly to help with their crafts.
Frugal1

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 02:14 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Its funny that seed producers, water agencies, and other kinds of planners use climate models regularly to help with their crafts.

Not so funny when they realize that they have been scammed, and that GW is a HOAX.
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 02:25 pm
@Frugal1,
I see, nobody seems to be losing money when they bet ON Global Warming.

SO you dont look completely stupid, the reql argument isnt whether GW IS NOT exiting, (as Tronald Dump seems to believe), its to determine the major cauae. AND, the more data available, it really looks like man's effect on climate is measurable
(I used to be a non-anthropogenic believer of GW , I was a believer in Dqansgard Oeschger effects and p recession and sun spot maxima)
Frugal1

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 02:46 pm
@farmerman,
Do you ever read what you have typed before posting it? I think not.

How many Billions in tax payer money did 0bama piss away on fake store fronts like Solyndra?
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 08:23 pm
@Frugal1,
Mot people have stuck with my poor typing skills but Im trying to improve daily. Thank you for your concern
farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 08:31 pm
@farmerman,
PS, I know plenty about the Solyndra affair. What'dya want to learn??

Many times technologies arent competitive when competing manufacture methods are cheaper (especially during a time of materials "GLUT"). It ws the Obama Admin that proceeded to file against DOE for unsecured loans when Solyndra went under.

The technology of their Si Ga cells wasnt a half bad idea. It jut became uncompetitive.

PS, solar tech has nothing at all to do with measuring GW. You guys try to "bundle" so much crap that you mess up your own talking points