What is the soul?

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 10:46 pm
@Jasper10,
No one knows answers that are so vague and broad sweeping.

But when you break these choices down into smaller axioms like, what is 1 + 1 then even the most rudimentary of machines can calculate the answer.

When circumstances and unforeseen variables are not calculated in, even God can get the answer wrong.

Nothing is all knowing.

Knowing is a verb.

A sleuth without clues and a mystery without a cypher is an unsolvable riddle.
The Anointed

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 10:50 pm
@TheCobbler,
If this giant universe and all within it, which includes 'YOU', and which universe is all that exists, which was created from the Eternal energy that can never be created nor destroyed, is devoid of thought, then 'YOU" who are one with this universe must be mindless, and devoid of thought.

Think about that as you enjoy the rest of your day.
TheCobbler

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 10:55 pm
@The Anointed,
I said the universe "itself", I did not say everything in it.

Much of life evolved from amoebas or something similar... chemicals on a beach.

That does not imply that chemicals are smart, have empathy and are knowing.

There may be eternal energy but it does not have to necessarily be intelligent.

It could simply have magnetic properties and over time convolved into all that is.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 10:59 pm
@TheCobbler,
One needs to study the 4 off logic output possibilities further.

There is a potential mysterious output.

Why?

Well because if logic output ASSUMPTIONS 1 and 4 are true then this implies a clear distinction between good and bad….in other words they are not the same.

One needs to look across all the sciences to see if there are correlations.

The 4 off logic output possibility TEMPLATE holds up in psychology that’s for sure.

TheCobbler

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 11:23 pm
@Jasper10,
Some things defy all logic.

These are enigmas.

"Circumstances" have so many variables you cannot simply apply logic without knowing the variables.

If there was not circumstantialism then logic alone might suffice.

When you add unforeseen variables the sky is the limit.

Life is a truly complex system and when such complexity is an unknown then even the mind of God would crash trying to figure it out.

Life is a spectacle...

Circumstantial evidence won't hold up in court.
Jasper10

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 11:37 pm
@TheCobbler,
The biological computer does crash, you are correct.This is what mental breakdowns are.SELF (soul) clearly is embroiled within the crash.However,it is important realise it is the MACHINE that has crashed not YOU.

Trying to get the machine back on line after a crash is probably one of the most difficult things any person will encounter.One does discover an awful lot about how the machine functions though.

I deliberately crashed mine.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 11:39 pm
@TheCobbler,
Life is a truly complex system, and that Life is God, who is "Mind" the "GREAT THOUGHT". He the beginning and the end, the great singularity from which all things begin and to who all things must return at the close of each period of universal activity.

He is the essential divine reality of the universe, the eternal spirit from which all being originates and to which all must return, and in He, has developed an intellect that is the 'MOST HIGH' in the creation, and it is He (The Son of Man) who is connected to the GREAT THOUGHT, to who I bend the knee.

For just as we 'Mankind' developed within the bodies of our animal ancestors, so too does the 'Son of Man' develop in the androgynous body of Eve, who has become the pregnant and sinful body of mankind.

The penalty for sin, is death. We have all sinned and we all must pay the blood price for the sins of the flesh in which we developed, then go off into judgement.

The 'Son of Man' is the only one who can pay the death penalty for the sins of the flesh in which he developed.

Psalms 51: 5, the spirit cries out; "Behold, I was shapened in iniquity and in sin did my mother conceive me,"

1 Timothy 2: 13; For Adam was created first, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and broke God's law. But a woman will be kept safe through childbirth.

The sinful life of Eve=mankind is justified by the child she bears to her Lord, the child that was prophesied to crush the head of Satan.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 01:52 am
@The Anointed,
You are reading from a script like a mindless robot.

You have been reciting nonsense for so long you have lost sight of the fact that you don't reason.

It is all an act, a robotic farce, puppetry and ventriloquism with a dummy.

The penalty for sin is learning to think for yourself.

Knowledge of sin is the death of innocence.

The mind of God is created after your own image.

The religious slight of hand... gain a promise of eternity and lose your mind.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 03:17 am
@TheCobbler,
Go back to mending boots and shoes, it appears to be the only thing that you are knowledgeable about.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 07:26 am
@The Anointed,
Quote:
WHAT IS THE SOUL?

I am a triad being consisting of Body, Soul, and Spirit.

I've never been too concerned with hard definitions of those terms. The body, we all know. What exactly is meant by soul, IDK. What i am sure of is that there is more to us than flesh and blood. For myself, that's what God breathed into us just as he did with Adam. I generally think of that as spirit.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 07:32 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Our hunger is imposed by the bacteria in our gut and our survival is dictated by our DNA.

Is that not the definition of instinct?

Not even close. Instinct, for example, is what makes the newly hatched sea iguana run for the sea before the Galapagos snakes eat them.

Humans are born with far less instinct. We suck tits and that's about all.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 08:10 am
The rest of the mammals are not that different from us. Each species has its niche, but it learns and has feelings. As Jung said, humans are a mythmaking species. Being egocentric to the max, many think humans have been divinely situated, so are totally not one of them, and have the myths to prove it. And yet - Altruism has a few runs but Atlas eventually shrugs it off and we have masses living in serfdom while the powerful wealthy live the good life. The unending cycle. They use the divinity myths to control people so they can use the wealth workers create for them so they can buy ever bigger yachts or build rocket ships. The promise of an after life - the basis for believing we have a soul - is just part of the myth making that keeps us living in a miserable shithole while awaiting the appearance of a god that never will appear. There is no soul. Just a never-ending con.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 08:42 am
@edgarblythe,
As long as you're speak'n for youself i got no problem with that thinking. I just don't identify with it.
It is people of their own free will who have fucked up this society. Got nothing to do.with instinct or anything else God gave us.
But at least you recognize humans have something to answer for, even though you think there is no one to answer to.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 12:09 pm
@The Anointed,
You have vinegar for a soul and your logical abilities are an insult to humanity. Being a cobbler is about service... Maybe Jesus should go back to washing feet and have you read the scriptures about service to others?

Your fake religion is a joke.

Google:
While humans have about five million olfactory receptors in their noses, dogs are said to have around 300 million. ... “Dogs have many more of these cells compared to people. A dog's nose is often 1,000 times or more sensitive than our human noses at detecting an odor. Mar 18, 2020

Comment:
Apparently the "Great Thought" forgot to give humans a superior sense of smell.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 12:19 pm
@Leadfoot,
Instinct in humans is manifested in predilection.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 12:45 pm
@TheCobbler,
If you mean a predilection to suck/feed, then you're right. After that, you start making all the choices which determines who and what you are. Later, hormones are triggered as designed, and then you get to decide how to handle the effects, based on what you've made of yourself so far.

But the designer definitely made the pleasurable gratification of them strong enough to insure that the experiment would continue regardless of the choices made.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 12:54 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

A dog's nose is often 1,000 times or more sensitive than our human noses at detecting an odor. Mar 18, 2020

You wouldn’t think it when you see them sniffing each other’s arses.

That’s not what I call sensitive.

Call me old fashioned.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 01:09 pm
@izzythepush,
dogs noses, are even more sensitive than GC/MS equipt we use in the lab to detect ppb concentrations of organic chemicals in the environment.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 01:11 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
But the designer definitely made the pleasurable gratification of them strong enough to insure that the experiment would continue regardless of the choices made.
I love the way you guys insist are the way everyone and everything thinks. All without a spittoon worth of evidence.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 01:12 pm
@farmerman,
Does the GC/MS equipment you use regularly check out dog’s arses?
0 Replies