WHO WON THE DEBATE?

Magus

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 07:22 pm
Frank makes a salient point... and his oppos see it as the cue for a Tangential diversion (re: "avatars").

Classic strategy... when bested, concede nothing but create a diversion.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 08:28 pm
Mag, Sounds like a familiar tactic.....
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 08:30 pm
Magus wrote:
Frank makes a salient point...

BWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa...
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 09:50 am
Hmmm...

So which George W. Bush will turn up for the third debate? Spaced-out Robot George? Or Unstable Maniac George? Or will we see something else entirely? I can't wait to find out!

Bush is the Al Gore of these debates, no doubt about it. Why else would Kerry now be in a statistical dead heat with Dubya?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 09:53 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Hmmm...

So which George W. Bush will turn up for the third debate? Spaced-out Robot George? Or Unstable Maniac George? Or will we see something else entirely? I can't wait to find out!
]Bush is the Al Gore of these debates, no doubt about it. Why else would Kerry now be in a statistical dead heat with Dubya?

The uncertain voters are still uncommitted. Perhaps they are waiting on the final debate to make their decisions
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 09:54 am
From Bush's mouth:
"First, the National Journal named Senator Kennedy the most liberal senator of all."
In Bush's brain:
Kennedy, right? I think that's right... who is this guy sitting across from me again? Wait, where am I?

From Bush's mouth:
"You looked at me like my clock was up."
In Bush's brain:
Heh heh! Clock... up...

From Bush's mouth:
"Look at the record of the man running for the president."
In Bush's brain:
I mean the other guy. Don't look at MY record.

From Bush's mouth:
"This is different from saying, OK, let me incent you to go on the government."
In Bush's brain:
Incent... ya like that? See, I know big words too.

From Bush's mouth:
"I had to make the decision to destroy more life, so we continue to destroy life - I made the decision to balance science and ethics."
In Bush's brain:
She'll be comin' round the mountain when she comes, she'll be comin' round the mountain when she comes... Dammit, Dubya! Focus!

From Bush's mouth:
"And I'm going to spend what it takes to win the war, more than just $120 billion for Iraq and Afghanistan."
In Bush's brain:
That reminds me, must tell Dick that Halliburton called again.

From Bush's mouth:
"Now, you asked what mistakes. I made some mistakes in appointing people, but I'm not going to name them. I don't want to hurt their feelings on national TV."
In Bush's brain:
Yeah, Dick Clarke, I'm talking about you. Keeping you on was a BIG mistake. Telling everyone Iraq wasn't a threat... well NOW who's the fool, huh?

From Bush's mouth:
"Need some wood?"
In Bush's brain:
Heh heh! Wood...

From Bush's mouth:
"I really don't have - haven't picked anybody yet [for the Supreme Court]. Plus, I want them all voting for me."
In Bush's brain:
Folks should like that. Stealing the election was funny.

From Bush's mouth:
"Another example would be the Dred Scott case, which is where judges, years ago, said that the Constitution allowed slavery because of personal property rights. That's a personal opinion. That's not what the Constitution says. The Constitution of the United States says we're all - you know, it doesn't say that. It doesn't speak to the equality of America."
In Bush's brain:
Stupid Constitution.

From Bush's mouth:
"I guess you'd say I'm a good steward of the land."
In Bush's brain:
Hope I managed to keep a straight face when I said that!

From Bush's mouth:
"I vowed to the American people after that fateful day of September the 11th that we would not rest nor tire until we're safe."
In Bush's brain:
Jesus, I need a vacation.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/top10/04/174.html
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 09:57 am
Good ol' DU, a continuous fountain of sage, informative wisdom directed at an audience that deserves it.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:00 am
LOL, thanks for the funny Bushisms, dookie. I needed a good laugh. Very Happy
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:00 am
What's wrong, McGentrix? Are you suggesting DU is making these quotes up?

Here's a few beauties from dubyaspeak.com:

Quote:
Uhh -- I hear there's rumors on the, uhh, Internets that we're gonna have a -- draft. We're not going to have a draft. Period.
-- There's more than one Internet? Astounding. Second Presidential Debate, St. Louis, Missouri

JOHN KERRY: We're gonna build alliances. We're not gonna go unilaterally, we're not gonna go alone like this President did.
CHARLES GIBSON: Mr. President, let's extend for a minute.
DUBYA: Let me just -- I've gotta answer this.
GIBSON: Exactly. And with Reservists being held on duty and --
DUBYA: Let me answer just, what he just said about going alone.
GIBSON: [obscured] Well, I wanted to get into the issue of the backdoor draft.
DUBYA: You tell Tony Blair we're going alone! Tell Tony Blair we're going alone!
-- Dubya blows a few gaskets in the Second Presidential Debate, St. Louis, Missouri

It is naive and dangerous to take a policy that he suggested the other day, which is to have bilatarelations with North Korea.
-- This is what happens when Dubya tries to say "bilateral relations", Second Presidential Debate, St. Louis, Missouri

You see, he's proposed 2.2 trillion dollars of new spending. And say, you say "Well, how are you gonna pay for it?" He said, well, he's going to raise the taxes on the rich -- that's what he said -- the top two brackets. That raises, he says 800 billion. We say 600 billion. We've got battling green eye shades.
-- Nothing really wrong with this phrase, it just sounds funny coming out of Dubya's mouth, Second Presidential Debate, St. Louis, Missouri

The truth of the matter is, if you listen carefully, Saddam would still be in power if he [John Kerry] were the President of the United States, and the world would be a lot better off.
-- Speaking carefully... well, that's a different matter, Second Presidential Debate, St. Louis, Missouri

JIM LEHRER: New question, Mr. President, two minutes. Do you believe the election of Senator Kerry on November the 2nd would increase the chances of the U.S. being hit by another 9/11-type terrorist attack?
DUBYA: I don't believe it's gonna happen. I believe I'm gonna win because the American people know I know how to lead. I've shown the American people I know how to lead.
-- Dubya's first non-answer in the First Presidential Debate, Coral Gables, Florida, Sep. 30, 2004

And, thanx to Dubyaspeak.com, you can witness this carnage on the english language via the audio links.

http://www.dubyaspeak.com/audio.shtml
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:02 am
Now, let's see, your president says that "The truth of the matter is, if you listen carefully, Saddam would still be in power if he [John Kerry] were the President of the United States, and the world would be a lot better off."

George Bush just said that the world would be better off if Saddam were left in power and if John Kerry were president. And that's one thing that the Left, and most of the world, agree upon.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:05 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Now, let's see, your president says that "The truth of the matter is, if you listen carefully, Saddam would still be in power if he [John Kerry] were the President of the United States, and the world would be a lot better off."

George Bush just said that the world would be better off if Saddam were left in power and if John Kerry were president. And that's one thing that the Left, and most of the world, agree upon.

So you do agree that "the world would be better off if Saddam were left in power".

Bush mis-spoke, did you?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:10 am
Quote:
Bush mis-spoke, did you?

Actually, Bush didn't mispeak. He's an idiot. BIG difference.

Saddam was contained, according to BOTH Powell and Rice back in 2001. The sanctions were working, and the reports that have come out recently only bolster those facts. Neither Powell nor Rice mentioned Saddam's brutaility, nor did Rumsfeld and Cheney do anything against Saddam back in 1983 when he was presumably gassing his own people. Probably because we were making deals with Saddam and selling him equipment that could produce biological agents. And it turns out that Saddam was most likely LYING in order to maintain his stature in the region, especially with his arch enemy, Iran, which is moving ahead with it's nuclear program.

So I agree with Bush's "mispeak." We are much worse off now, thanx to this idiot at the helm.

Kerry's lead is slowly growing. I doubt the third debate will quell that momentum at this point.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:22 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:
Bush mis-spoke, did you?

Actually, Bush didn't mispeak. He's an idiot. BIG difference.

O.K., for the sake of argument, Bush is an idiot who mis-spoke.

Saddam was contained, according to BOTH Powell and Rice back in 2001. The sanctions were working, and the reports that have come out recently only bolster those facts. Neither Powell nor Rice mentioned Saddam's brutaility, nor did Rumsfeld and Cheney do anything against Saddam back in 1983 when he was presumably gassing his own people. Probably because we were making deals with Saddam and selling him equipment that could produce biological agents. And it turns out that Saddam was most likely LYING in order to maintain his stature in the region, especially with his arch enemy, Iran, which is moving ahead with it's nuclear program.

So I agree with Bush's "mispeak."

I thought so from your previous expressed sympathies.

Kerry's lead is slowly growing. I doubt the third debate will quell that momentum at this point.

What lead?

http://www.geocities.com/samboni1342/state_polls.htm

http://slate.msn.com/id/2107683/

Time Poll conducted by Schulman, Ronca & Bucuvalas (SRBI) Public Affairs. Oct. 6-7, 2004. N=1,024 registered voters nationwide. MoE ± 3.

"In general, do you approve or disapprove of the way President Bush is handling his job as president?"

Approve Disapprove Unsure

10/6-7/04 50% 46% 4%

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:35 am
Kerry's lead is illusional at best as of today. It's really too close to call either way by looking at all the polls that should average out the bias.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:38 am
http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=882

Polls are polls are polls. I don't believe any of them, because questions can be skewed for either candidate to give a false impression. I only offer the Zogby link, because you insist on referring to them daily.

But if you insist on using "sympathy," then I'll start using "stupidity," assuming you wish to continue debating with such labels thrown in either direction.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:41 am
Dookiestix wrote:
http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=882

Polls are polls are polls. I don't believe any of them, because questions can be skewed for either candidate to give a false impression. I only offer the Zogby link, because you insist on referring to them daily.

But if you insist on using "sympathy," then I'll start using "stupidity," assuming you wish to continue debating with such labels thrown in either direction.

O.K., political sympathies.

If one looks at all the polls, it is the same as when I opened this thread, a statistical tie.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 10:50 am
gungasnake wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

The worst candidate for president of the United States EVER...was George Bush.

He is also the dumbest.

And his administration has done more outright damage to the Republic...than the next 10 worst put together...

Dumb question here, Frank, about the avatar...

Do you belong to some sort of a nudist colony for old people?

No.

Here in New Jersey...when we spend time on the beach (where that picture was taken)...the guys actually go without a top.

I understand in some conservative environments...that is frowned upon...so I can understand why you would make such a dumb mistake as to suppose I was nude.

As for the "old people" part of your question, gunga...I am chronologically 68 years old. But I think it would be worthwhile to consider how my day went last Friday before making too much of that.

Last Friday I got up at my ususal time of 4:30 am...and after my regular morning workout which includes lifting free weights...I met my regular foursome...and played 18 holes of golf at Warrenbrook Golf Course...a very hilly place. I walked...as ususal...and carried my bag on my back.

When I got home...I put an hour into posting on A2K

My brother stopped by...and we sat out on the back deck for a while...doing a crossword puzzle together.

At about 1:00...I decided to go to New York City to watch the sun go down over the Hudson River. I had been there the night before with Joe Nation and his wife...and it was delightful. My wife was going to be working late...so no imposition there.

I went to the City...walked from Penn Station to Times Square....where I walked around for a couple hours...then walked to the Chelsea Piers -- maybe 30 blocks...watched the sun set...walked back to Times Square to meet a friend...then walked back to Penn Station...

...got home about 8:55...and was able to watch the entire of the debate.

Then at 10:30...Nancy and I went to a local night spot and played a bit of pool and did some dancing and drinking.

Not bad for an old man...don't you think?

Could you handle that, youngster?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 11:00 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
gungasnake wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

The worst candidate for president of the United States EVER...was George Bush.

He is also the dumbest.

And his administration has done more outright damage to the Republic...than the next 10 worst put together...

Dumb question here, Frank, about the avatar...

Do you belong to some sort of a nudist colony for old people?

No.

Here in New Jersey...when we spend time on the beach (where that picture was taken)...the guys actually go without a top.

I understand in some conservative environments...that is frowned upon...so I can understand why you would make such a dumb mistake as to suppose I was nude.

As for the "old people" part of your question, gunga...I am chronologically 68 years old. But I think it would be worthwhile to consider how my day went last Friday before making too much of that.

Last Friday I got up at my ususal time of 4:30 am...and after my regular morning workout which includes lifting free weights...I met my regular foursome...and played 18 holes of golf at Warrenbrook Golf Course...a very hilly place. I walked...as ususal...and carried my bag on my back.

When I got home...I put an hour into posting on A2K

My brother stopped by...and we sat out on the back deck for a while...doing a crossword puzzle together.

At about 1:00...I decided to go to New York City to watch the sun go down over the Hudson River. I had been there the night before with Joe Nation and his wife...and it was delightful. My wife was going to be working late...so no imposition there.

I went to the City...walked from Penn Station to Times Square....where I walked around for a couple hours...then walked to the Chelsea Piers -- maybe 30 blocks...watched the sun set...walked back to Times Square to meet a friend...then walked back to Penn Station...

...got home about 8:55...and was able to watch the entire of the debate.

Then at 10:30...Nancy and I went to a local night spot and played a bit of pool and did some dancing and drinking.

Not bad for an old man...don't you think?

Could you handle that, youngster?

This is the Frank I missed. Not the one that came back from Abuzz...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 12:01 pm
spank him frank...you da man.....
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Mon 11 Oct, 2004 12:33 pm
Never try to teach a pig to sing, Frank.
It's a waste of your time and it annoys the pig.
0 Replies