WHO WON THE DEBATE?

Dookiestix

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 12:54 pm
This administration is enormously scared that they will lose, and with it, lose their enormous power they've garnered over the 4 years of Bush's dictatorship.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 12:57 pm
That's fine Frank. No worries; I'm not upset. I was just hoping to keep you classified with the very large Anti-Bush crowd that I have a great deal of respect for. But, if you insist on being counted with the lunatic fringe on the subject, I'll just attach the corresponding value to your opinion (virtually none). On a respect scale from Pistoff to Habibi, you just dropped most of the way down to Pistoff. Enjoy your company!

When it comes to politics, religion and a wide range of other subjects, the opinions I respect most, come from those who realize diametric opposition doesn't require either party to be an idiot. Idea

(Prior to this question being asked, do you think your new peers would recognize this as a nonpartisan post? :wink:)
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 01:04 pm
I thoght Ecc. was written by King Solomon... Confused

What kind of points do you think Bush made with black voters, coming on the record saying he would oppose judges who would vote to support Dred Scott? Confused

I hope that the next debate gets him saying equally peculiar things, but that Kerry points out their stupidity immediately following...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 01:19 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
That's fine Frank. No worries; I'm not upset. I was just hoping to keep you classified with the very large Anti-Bush crowd that I have a great deal of respect for. But, if you insist on being counted with the lunatic fringe on the subject, I'll just attach the corresponding value to your opinion (virtually none). On a respect scale from Pistoff to Habibi, you just dropped most of the way down to Pistoff. Enjoy your company!

Okay by me! I enjoy your company too.

Quote:
When it comes to politics, religion and a wide range of other subjects, the opinions I respect most, come from those who realize diametric opposition doesn't require either party to be an idiot. Idea

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think it requires that either...although it appears to be an elective that a lot of conservatives cannot resist.

What could I tell ya!
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 02:08 pm
I should say that your opinion here has no less weight than your vote either. Get out and vote.

Let's weigh up the totals. . .

If we can't get along, I say let's be the best of enemies.

Fun is the one thing that money can't buy.
(0r can it)?

Kerry wins, the drinks are on me.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 03:16 pm
padmasambava wrote:
I should say that your opinion here has no less weight than your vote either. Get out and vote.

Let's weigh up the totals. . .

If we can't get along, I say let's be the best of enemies.

Fun is the one thing that money can't buy.
(0r can it)?

Kerry wins, the drinks are on me.

Kerry's definitely gonna win.

I'll take Johnny Black...on the rocks.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 04:40 pm
Frank... someone denigrates you for your political alignment.
BUT... noting his remarkable taste in headwear (such sartorial splendor!) I find his implication (that your position is inferior) to be not only specious, but patently ludicrous.

I venture that the Bush camp shall go down in history as one of the most blatantly arrogant pseudo-elitist clicques in the first 250 years of our fair republic... they've even got the Hamiltonians beat!

Tsk, tsk, tsk... I doubt they'll take next month's defeat graciously...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 04:45 pm
Laughing See what I mean, Frank? :wink:
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 05:09 pm
Magus wrote:
Frank... someone denigrates you for your political alignment.
BUT... noting his remarkable taste in headwear (such sartorial splendor!) I find his implication (that your position is inferior) to be not only specious, but patently ludicrous.

I happen to think that is one of the best hats ever created, I own one my self. It's a packer thing you wouldn't understand. Did you know that the Packers are the only NFL team that is still owned by the city they play in?

Quote:
I venture that the Bush camp shall go down in history as one of the most blatantly arrogant pseudo-elitist clicques in the first 250 years of our fair republic... they've even got the Hamiltonians beat!

Nope your wrong, Clinton already owns that title. Remember how they thought what was best for people. Ruby Ridge, Waco Texas and the only illegal alien they didn't like, Elian Gonzalez. Don't forget the Clinton aides that had taken over 700 personal FBI files of political enemies of the Clintons. All of these cases had to do with the Clinton Admin sticking their noses into people's business and trying to take away freedoms. There was more gross violations against American citizens under the Clinton admin there has under the oh so hated Patriot Act.

Quote:
Tsk, tsk, tsk... I doubt they'll take next month's defeat graciously...

The democrats know all about that don't they. I mean it's been 4 years and they still complain about Bush winning the election. Watch it will continue in this thread.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 05:20 pm
Baldimo wrote:
It's a packer thing you wouldn't understand. Did you know that the Packers are the only NFL team that is still owned by the city they play in?

Actually, they are the only major pro sports team that is "publicly owned"... but not by the city. I am a share holder. :wink:

Baldimo wrote:
I happen to think that is one of the best hats ever created, I own one my self.

It is a special hat... but some folks feel more at home wearing one of these:

http://www.osmond-riba.org/lis/graphics/Tinfoil1.jpg :wink:
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 06:44 pm
LOL!!
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 06:41 am
All I know is that after the debate I now truly realize that Bush relies on fear to keep his "Flock" in line.

Kerry was good to hammer how Bush has isolated us from the world.

I won't be able to catch "round 3" as my status as "Underemployed" has me getting up to do an inventory at a grocery store.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 06:46 am
NeoGuin wrote:
All I know is that after the debate I now truly realize that Bush relies on fear to keep his "Flock" in line.

Kerry was good to hammer how Bush has isolated us from the world.

I won't be able to catch "round 3" as my status as "Underemployed" has me getting up to do an inventory at a grocery store.

Fear of a repeat of 911 is quite rational, IMO.

As well as fear that a Kerry Presidency might not cotinue the Bush policy of taking the War on Terror to where the terrorists are harbored instead of fighting them here.

Bush does often remind us of that in the campaign.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 07:20 am
Duplicate post
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 07:20 am
Larry
War on terror hell. Iraq is a war of aggression .
What is even more striking and indicative of the mans character is that Bush won't admit he made a mistake? In fact when asked and this is the second time he could not think of any he had made.
He should take a lesson from Tony Blair who this week apologized to the British people for his mistakes relative to the war in Iraq. But than Blair does not claim infallability. I guess he is not on intimate terms with God.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 07:29 am
au1929 wrote:
Larry
War on terror hell. Iraq is a war of aggression .

Of course it is.

What is even more striking and indicative of the mans character is that Bush won't admit he made a mistake? In fact when asked and this is the second time he could not think of any he had made.

Of course he has. He just will not say specifically what they are.

He should take a lesson from Tony Blair who this week apologized to the British people for his mistakes relative to the war in Iraq. But than Blair does not claim infallability. I guess he is not on intimate terms with God.

I do not know what Blair's religious faith is. But Bush has admitted he has made unspecified mistakes, thus admitting to being a fallible human being. Aren't we all?
0 Replies

holister hottie

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 03:09 pm
i think that john kerry is definatley a better public speaker but i still am going to vote for bush as everyone is saying i think kerry is a flip flop
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 03:49 pm
holister_hottie wrote:
i think that john kerry is definatley a better public speaker but i still am going to vote for bush as everyone is saying i think kerry is a flip flop

He'll probably go into the history books as just a flop. He's arguably the weakest and worst candidate for president of the last 100 years.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 05:15 pm
gungasnake wrote:
holister_hottie wrote:

He'll probably go into the history books as just a flop. He's arguably the weakest and worst candidate for president of the last 100 years.

The worst candidate for president of the United States EVER...was George Bush.

He is also the dumbest.

And his administration has done more outright damage to the Republic...than the next 10 worst put together.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 06:22 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

The worst candidate for president of the United States EVER...was George Bush.

He is also the dumbest.

And his administration has done more outright damage to the Republic...than the next 10 worst put together...

Dumb question here, Frank, about the avatar...

Do you belong to some sort of a nudist colony for old people?
0 Replies