WHO WON THE DEBATE?

Larry434

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 09:38 am
squinney wrote:

The plan has been operational since the negothations and then the attack at Faluja months ago. Kerry says he has a different plan...one that entails getting others to do it. :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 09:39 am
They are idiots...which probably accounts for the fact that this adminsitration is the most incompetent in US history.

The damage done by these blithering fools will haunt US policy and US presidents on into the future for decades.

I cannot tell you how happy I am that they've only got a few months left to peddle their swill.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 09:40 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
They are idiots...which probably accounts for the fact that this adminsitration is the most incompetent in US history.

The damage done by these blithering fools will haunt US policy and US presidents on into the future for decades.

I cannot tell you how happy I am that they've only got a few months left to peddle their swill.

A few months...like about 51? :wink:
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 09:43 am
Frank
I hope your confidence that the American people will come to their senses and throw the bums out is justified. I am unfortunately far from convinced of that.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 09:54 am
au1929 wrote:
Frank
I hope your confidence that the American people will come to their senses and throw the bums out is justified. I am unfortunately far from convinced of that.

My reasoning runs like this:

There is a percentage of the voting public who are knee-jerk conservatives...and they would vote for George Bush and Dick Cheney if they were opposed by a ticket with Jesus Christ in the top spot and Mahatma Gandhi as a running mate.

But that type of blindly loyal, knee-jerk American conservative is small in number.

In order for the Bush ticket to win re-election...it has to convince enough stupid, uninformed, naive...or mind-numbingly frightened...voters to join with them. (Anyone who is not stupid,uninformed, naive or mind numbingly frightened...will vote for Kerry, Nader, or simply withhold their vote.)

Personally, (call me a cockeyed optimist, if you will) I do not think there are sufficient numbers of stupid, uninformed, naive...or mind-numbingly frightened people to put Bush over the top.

We'll see.

But my guess is that when the votes are all counted...

...Kerry will win in a walk-away.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:01 am
Oh, well, there's the flaw in your thinking, Frank. I don't think we will be counting votes this time.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:06 am
squinney wrote:
Oh, well, there's the flaw in your thinking, Frank. I don't think we will be counting votes this time.

:wink:

That is what my sister keeps telling me.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:07 am
Frank Apisa wrote:

What world are you in?

Madison Square Garden.

Louis/Schmeling II in 38. Worst beating you'd ever hope to see a counterpuncher absorb. Schmeling was looking to throw right crosses over Louis' jab and Louis didn't give him enough space for it, crowding him and tagging him with hooks and overhand rights until finally catching him with a staggering right to the head against the ropes followed by a right to the body which literally broke him, with vertebre having to be repaired afterwards.

Kinda like Kerry last night...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:09 am
Stupid, uninformed, naive... or mind-numbingly frightened? Thanks Frank. I respect your opinion too. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:14 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Frank

There is a percentage of the voting public who are knee-jerk conservatives...and they would vote for George Bush and Dick Cheney if they were opposed by a ticket with Jesus Christ in the top spot and Mahatma Gandhi as a running mate.

But that type of blindly loyal, knee-jerk American conservative is small in number.

In order for the Bush ticket to win re-election...it has to convince enough stupid, uninformed, naive...or mind-numbingly frightened...voters to join with them. (Anyone who is not stupid,uninformed, naive or mind numbingly frightened...will vote for Kerry, Nader, or simply withhold their vote.)

Personally, (call me a cockeyed optimist, if you will) I do not think there are sufficient numbers of stupid, uninformed, naive...or mind-numbingly frightened people to put Bush over the top.

We'll see.

Frank, do you consider Timber, Fishin'. foxfyre, OCCOM Bill, myself or the many other people here who are considering casting their vote for Bush stupid, uninformed, naive...or mind-numbingly frightened people?
0 Replies

astromouse

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:23 am
Kinda like your idiots remark isn't it McG?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:33 am
McGentrix wrote:
Frank, do you consider Timber, Fishin'. foxfyre, OCCOM Bill, myself or the many other people here who are considering casting their vote for Bush stupid, uninformed, naive...or mind-numbingly frightened people?
What about Asherman? Or Finn?

I expect that type of idiotic commentary from the lunatic fringe (on both sides of isle), Frank, but from you it always surprises me... because you are capable of so much better.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:51 am
McGentrix wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
au1929 wrote:
Frank

We'll see.

Naive.

Next question?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:52 am
Oops...some are not naive.

Some are blindly loyal, knee jerk conservatives.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:58 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
What about Asherman? Or Finn?

I expect that type of idiotic commentary from the lunatic fringe (on both sides of isle), Frank, but from you it always surprises me... because you are capable of so much better.

Sorry this is bothering you, Bill, but I am going to speak my mind no matter what.

I look at the incompetence of George Bush and at the incompetence of his failed adminsitration...and I come to the conclusion that people willing to give them more time to f**k up this country and the world are either...

...blindly loyal, knee jerk conservatives...

...stupid...

...uninformed...

...naive...

...or mind-numbingly frightened.

It ain't pretty...and I'm sure I would resent such a charge coming my way.

BUT IT IS THE WAY I FEEL....and I feel this way very passionately.

Bush and company have been a disaster for this country...and a disaster for the world.

No person NOT SUFFERING one of those brain disabling maladies CAN POSSIBLY EVEN CONSIDER VOTING TO KEEP THEM IN POWER.

And let's get this very clear, Bill.

I AM NOT A LIBERAL...AND I AM NOT EVEN A DEMOCRAT!!!!!

One does not have to be either to see this failed group for what they are...or to suspect the worst in people who WILL NOT see it.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 11:20 am
Your opinion here has no more weight than your vote will have on November 2nd.

Kerry won by default because to "right to lifers" asked questions.

Right to lifers are not legitimately "undecided." They are republicans from the start. How those questions and questioners were approved is a mystery.

In that regard the Debate strayed from its own rules and the bias was obvious to anyone with a sense of objectivity.

That might be more than half of us. We'll soon find out.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 11:48 am
The bush/CHENEY Cabal of Nixonians created a huge insurgency in Iraq.
If they succeed in stealing THIS election (as they did the LAST one), they will have accomplished HERE what they accomplished in Iraq...
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 11:54 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Oops...some are not naive.

Some are blindly loyal, knee jerk conservatives.

And the others live in Texas and share the Texas mindset. Wink
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 12:12 pm
padmasambava wrote:
Your opinion here has no more weight than your vote will have on November 2nd.

Kerry won by default because to "right to lifers" asked questions.

Right to lifers are not legitimately "undecided." They are republicans from the start. How those questions and questioners were approved is a mystery.

In that regard the Debate strayed from its own rules and the bias was obvious to anyone with a sense of objectivity.

That might be more than half of us. We'll soon find out.

Now wait just a second, hold up! I am anti-abortion but will vote for Kerry because there are many issues at stake and voting based upon just one issue in such a complicated point in our nation is foolhardy.

And I would also contend that since Ecclesiastics says that it's better to be unborn than to be born into a world that doesn't recognise God's power and is ruled by evil, while it is tantamount to murder, but not legally that in our nation, and if all souls go on to judgement somewhere, since they have not been, and have not seen evil under the sun, perhaps they are better off.... Confused Given that we are to render to Caesar, that which is Caesar's... Based upon the theory that only someone without faith in the sanctity of life would choose abortion, and would also be the unaprreciative person deciding the baby's fate if it were to be born rather than be terminated....
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 12:49 pm
I'm anti abortion too. It's a poor form of birth control.

I stand by my statement. The "Right to life" stance is a republican stance. Anti abortion is a whole other matter. I still believe two of the questioners should have been screened out for the obvious rhetoric. There are other issues where real undecideds are undecided. The issues of stem cell research and abortion can be polarizing issues. I think Mr. Kerry did an excellent job clarifying what sources of stem cells were ruled out because of the objections of the supersitious.

But I'm not from the "every sperm has to have a name" club.

Ecclesiastes is a book written by a number of individuals. You make that book sound like a guy's name.

It also says in Ecclesiastes: vanity vanity all is vanity and a striving after wind. Do vote for Kerry. He'll need all the votes he can muster to take America back to sanity.
0 Replies