Debate Number 2....Are You Watching?

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 06:10 am
just one more thing before I head out the door...."The bush Plan" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

what is that don't slurp my soup?
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 06:58 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
bush had his usual advantage...all he had to do was not suck to the ends of the earth and it was a good night for him. He accomplished that.

Kerry on the other hand has to do well without a low bar.

neither man did great, but bush was 100 times better than Miami.

I think the most telling thing about bush is how he switches on a dime from the charming good old boy, the aw shucks sincere concerned compassionate conservative to the irritated barely holding in his temper bully and how he can do that switch on a dime 100 times in 90 minutes. I don't trust his emotional health or his character one bit.

I heard it said that men would admire the way he bullied himself past Charlie last night at that one point but I think real men probably immediately recognized that it was the power of the office that did that. george bush regular guy talking in a bar would never have the balls for a move like that, and he's not fooling me among others.

So bush, from swaggering cowboy to belly up cutie puppy every ten seconds and Kerry, a little too stiff and a little too pat in his responses.

When bush said he might yet let people get their medicine cheaper from Canada ) I wonder if anyone believed that) Kerry missed a great opportunity to say that the real shame was for American citizens to have to go to Canada for affordable drugs.

When bush said you can't take life to save life then Kerry should have made the point that it's too bad bush doesn't believe that when he sacrifices our young people on the battlefield in the name of "freedom' in a flawed and failed pre emptive war.

Many missed opportunities.

I think Kerry won the debate because well...considering his opponent how could he not, but I was hoping for a stronger performance.

Exactly, BPB, except I don't think Kerry won because as the challenger, the bar was set higher for him. So, rather than a win, it was a tie at best. Crying or Very sad He should've nailed him on the medicine, could've nailed him on the deaths of our soldiers in Iraq (maybe it would have been construed as insensitive to the families of the fallen soldiers, though, might've backfired, kwim?) He also should've nailed him on his environmental record and the deficit. He needed to nail him so that our incumbent was standing there lost, not just grinding his teeth. He needed to wipe the floor with Bush, but he hit soft and it didn't happen. I don't know how many undecided people either candidate persuaded in this debate. I hope Kerry does better next week, though. It's only domestic issues, and I can't think of a one place Bush has any ground to wriggle on there...
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 07:04 am
It was a statistical tie in scientific polls.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=qw1097313301745B223
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 07:07 am
as a pundit said last night, domestic issues mean social as well as economic...look for "The Reverend bush" to come out...pious, holy, respecting human life (inside the womb anyhow) and burying his head squarely and tghtly up the ass of the religous right.......you won't see any of the snitty little girl you saw last night if he's able to control himself....Kerry needs to subtly bait him next week and draw out the real bush.....
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 07:22 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
look for "The Reverend bush" to come out...pious, holy, respecting human life (inside the womb anyhow) and burying his head squarely and tghtly up the ass of the religous right.......you won't see any of the snitty little girl you saw last night if he's able to control himself....Kerry needs to subtly bait him next week and draw out the real bush.....

Laughing Yeah!

Can you imagine how BC would do it, gawd, if JK can just smoke with the power of a cigarette since he has no cigar... :wink:
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 07:48 am
When asked if he had made any mistakes Bush could not even think of one and gave an evasive answer. What would one expect from someone who believes he is doing Gods work.
If that sells with the electorate and they elect the 50+ year old man with the 4 year old mentality. I hope they are not surprised when sending their children off to fight Bush's wars and living in a banana republic divided by have's and have not's and a disappearing middle class. .
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 10:18 am
Huh. Bush the moron vs. Kerry, the liberal brainiac and the best Kerry can do is tie after 2 debates... Isn't that something...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 01:43 pm
Ah, excuse me McG, but the 2nd debate might have been close to a tie, but the 1st one was far from it!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 06:42 pm
So now we've seen three debates, after the first two it was agreed that the order of finish was Kerry, Edwards, Cheney and lastly Bush.

After three debates the finishers are Kerry, Edwards and in a tie, with Bush just barely hanging on, Dick and George.

All George has done is huff and try to remember his notes.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 06:47 pm
It was agreed? By whom?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 01:31 am
Obviously the majority McG.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 02:42 am
don't know about you guys, but i really like the way that ol' dubya decided that the the rules of the debate did not apply to him...

naw, naw, naw!!!! ah wanna respond ta thay-ut...

no wonder. it's dubya's world and we're just furniture...

'uck 'em...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 02:45 am
I hear that!
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 03:42 am
montana, i thay-unk ah luv yoooooo.

ev-uaray elze hey-yah iz ah haytun me...

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 03:45 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
montana, i thay-unk ah luv yoooooo.

ev-uaray elze hey-yah iz ah haytun me...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 04:03 am
McGentrix wrote:
I predict that following the debates many liberals will declare the debate a win for Kerry and will further insult the president for something he says or does or doesn't say or do.

Given that it's so easy to insult that dribbling moron, that's hardly an insightful prediction.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 04:06 am
Wilso wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
I predict that following the debates many liberals will declare the debate a win for Kerry and will further insult the president for something he says or does or doesn't say or do.

Given that it's so easy to insult that dribbling moron, that's hardly an insightful prediction.

Laughing
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 04:12 am
Wilso wrote:
[Given that it's so easy to insult that dribbling moron, that's hardly an insightful prediction.

dammit, wilso!! don't you understand?? he's a' workin' hard! it's hard work! workin' 40 hours, plus o.t. and no o.t. $$$

MUCHO WORKO, compadre!!!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 10 Oct, 2004 07:50 am
McGentrix wrote:
It was agreed? By whom?

Mary Beth Cahill
Tad Devine
Bob Shrum
Joe Lockhart
Dan Rather
Mark Halperin