Any predictions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,717 • Replies: 115
No top replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:20 am
Re: Debate Number 2....Are You Watching?
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Any predictions?

I would guess Bush will not be as animated in his facial expressions as he was in the first. And he appeared tired in the first. I expected him to be more rested for this one.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:21 am
I predict that following the debates many liberals will declare the debate a win for Kerry and will further insult the president for something he says or does or doesn't say or do.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:25 am
I predict Bush will ask to remain seated now that his war policy hasn't a leg to stand on.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:26 am
McGentrix wrote:
I predict that following the debates many liberals will declare the debate a win for Kerry and will further insult the president for something he says or does or doesn't say or do.

I predict that if bush says he has an orgasm every time a child is killed certain of you will defend it as patriotic and stock up on ky, oysters and viagara to keep by the nightstand while reading casualty statisitcs......
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:26 am
Joe Nation wrote:
I predict Bush will ask to remain seated now that his war policy hasn't a leg to stand on.

now that was clever...three cheers... Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:28 am
What debate?

Oh, you're talking about the scripted press conference that's on tonight.

Yeah, I'll probably watch.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:31 am
Debate, my ass. What is on TV that poses for a debate is what McDonald's is to gourmet cooking. I will probably watch out of masochism, or even morbid curiosity.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:32 am
point well taken Phoenix and Gus......
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:51 am
Really, it's much more like a two person press conference than a debate.

Not watching, Bi Polar. I'm counting on you fill me in on it. Do watch the facial expressions and body english of the one not speaking for me. They've both got pretty good body english coaches. We've moved way past Bill Clinton and the hand gesture coach.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:55 am
roger wrote:
Really, it's much more like a two person press conference than a debate.

Not watching, Bi Polar. I'm counting on you fill me in on it. Do watch the facial expressions and body english of the one not speaking for me. They've both got pretty good body english coaches. We've moved way past Bill Clinton and the hand gesture coach.

Imagine what we could accomplish if the preseident would put as much effort into running the country as being elected to do it....that's any president.....
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 07:59 am
I disagree with Pheonix and Gus...

The debate is the best way to let the candidates speak... unscripted and unrehearsed. Would you want to cast your vote without the forum these debates provide?

Sure I will be on the edge of my seat (hopefully) with a morbid fascination and unwholesome hope for blood...

But all that aside I think this type of debate is valid and valuable to our political process. The debate tonight seems especially relevant.

And with any luck, one of the candidates will be unmasked as the pathetic fool he is and left there stammering and humiliated in front of a national audience having assured his place in history as the head of a one-term failed administration.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:00 am
ebrown_p wrote:
I disagree with Pheonix and Gus...

The debate is the best way to let the candidates speak... unscripted and unrehearsed. Would you want to cast your vote without the forum these debates provide?

Sure I will be on the edge of my seat (hopefully) with a morbid fascination and unwholesome hope for blood...

But all that aside I think this type of debate is valid and valuable to our political process. The debate tonight seems especially relevant.

And with any luck, one of the candidates will be unmasked as the pathetic fool he is and left there stammering and humiliated in front of a national audience having assured his place in history as the head of a one-term failed administration.

where there's life there's hope..........unfortunately it's ususally Mt. Hope...
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:03 am
Bear,

I have been confident of a Kerry victory for some time now.

Or are you giving me bad news....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:05 am
I long for a Kerry victory and am doing my part.....I am not optimistic though.

Hopefully something may happen tonight to lift my spirits and reenergize me....
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:07 am
I predict Bush will do a little better. Other than that, I have no idea.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:08 am
ebrown wrote:
But all that aside I think this type of debate is valid and valuable to our political process.

Anyone who even remotely follows the political process will be painfully aware of what each candidate says -- we've heard it a thousand times already. Same old tired rhetoric.

But I will agree with you, ebrown, that this type of debate is valid and valuable, but only for those who haven't been following said process.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:21 am
FreeDuck wrote:
I predict Bush will do a little better. Other than that, I have no idea.

once again bush will only have to do a little better and the next day the pundits will be talking about how he shined compared to the first debate so bush gets rewarded for underachieving again......

it would be nice to think the public has had enough of that particular brand of wool pulling and it won't fly this time....
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:48 am
I'll watch... but don't expect much to change. Kerry will again try to capitalize on his remarkable hindsight... and Bush will have a few new ways to call him a flip-flopper. I further predict that I will again be fully disgusted by nights end.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:54 am
Well, there is one thing to look forward to: Bill Maher comes on at 11.
0 Replies