Debate Number 2....Are You Watching?

princesspupule

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:41 pm
But the debate itself, Montana, Kerry alleged that that general got retired for his position, when in actuality he had already requested retirement... And he was stiffer than Bush, and name dropped a whole lot which came off sounding affected to me... Bush did so much better, and as the man in the seat, the tie holds more weight for him, the incumbent (not pundit- I meant incumbent- Embarrassed )
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:47 pm
If it weren't for Bush's low forehead, beady little eyes, and propensity for mendacity I might actually be able to gaze upon his visage without throwing up.

But those three things get me every time.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:55 pm
Princess
If we are talking about lies, then Bush is in big trouble! I have never seen a President lie as much as Bush has, so on that note, I still think Kerry is on top. In my opinion, Bush has already proved to the people time and time again that he can't be trusted.

Just my opinion.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 10:11 pm
The exit polls after the debate shows women favor Bush. I also think they both lied or stretched the truth. I was disappointed in Kerry's performance tonite.
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 10:15 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I was disappointed in Kerry's performance tonite.

Please specify,why?

As I said in my view he has a strong performance with facts and good sentences. Kerry adresses to Bush and the audience directly.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 10:20 pm
He did too much introduction before getting to the point. In a national debate, you must get right to the point. Background information gets lost in most people's minds. He needed to shoot down Bush's statements with facts and figures, and not be defensive. Kerry also didn't clear up his flip-flops on his "liberal voting" as a senator during the past 20 years. Not good. The label stuck.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 10:35 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
He did too much introduction before getting to the point. In a national debate, you must get right to the point. Background information gets lost in most people's minds. He needed to shoot down Bush's statements with facts and figures, and not be defensive. Kerry also didn't clear up his flip-flops on his "liberal voting" as a senator during the past 20 years. Not good. The label stuck.

Agreed, and I salute you for a non-partisan assessment.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 10:40 pm
I know. That was freaky.

Who was that, and what has he done to CI?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 11:01 pm
Lash, The polls after the debate have been very biased depending upon prior choice. I'm trying to present an opinion that is not biased by my displeasure for Bush the man. I also question the latest poll numbers to be accurate at Bush 22% and Kerry at 77%. I see bias; sorry.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 11:08 pm
I was teasing, CI. I was thrilled to see you had an unbiased opinion. No need to be sorry.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 04:18 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Kerry expressed ideas while Bush simply attacked Kerry's ideas.

Bush is a simpleton and it has never been more evident than tonight.

BWWWAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAH HAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAH HAHAAAAAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAAA..........
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 04:53 am
gungasnake wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Kerry expressed ideas while Bush simply attacked Kerry's ideas.

Bush is a simpleton and it has never been more evident than tonight.

BWWWAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAH HAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAH HAHAAAAAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAAA..........

Methinks mistaking Bush, a man who expresses his thoughts in a simple and straightforward manner, to be a simpleton is a grave political error doomed to be repeated by the Bushwhackers who never seem to learn not to underestimate this successful politician.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 05:02 am
Oh please!!!! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 05:07 am
The Dems underestimation of Bush has contributed to the serial defeats they have suffered in every national and most statehouse elections in this decade.

Of course the primary reason has been the lack of a credible progressive positive agenda and messenger to deliver it. They have improved in the messenger delivery department with Kerry, IMO, but not in the credibiliy of his message.

Compound that with continuing to underestimate Bush and they have another consecutive loss on their hands.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 05:24 am
bush had his usual advantage...all he had to do was not suck to the ends of the earth and it was a good night for him. He accomplished that.

Kerry on the other hand has to do well without a low bar.

neither man did great, but bush was 100 times better than Miami.

I think the most telling thing about bush is how he switches on a dime from the charming good old boy, the aw shucks sincere concerned compassionate conservative to the irritated barely holding in his temper bully and how he can do that switch on a dime 100 times in 90 minutes. I don't trust his emotional health or his character one bit.

I heard it said that men would admire the way he bullied himself past Charlie last night at that one point but I think real men probably immediately recognized that it was the power of the office that did that. george bush regular guy talking in a bar would never have the balls for a move like that, and he's not fooling me among others.

So bush, from swaggering cowboy to belly up cutie puppy every ten seconds and Kerry, a little too stiff and a little too pat in his responses.

When bush said he might yet let people get their medicine cheaper from Canada ) I wonder if anyone believed that) Kerry missed a great opportunity to say that the real shame was for American citizens to have to go to Canada for affordable drugs.

When bush said you can't take life to save life then Kerry should have made the point that it's too bad bush doesn't believe that when he sacrifices our young people on the battlefield in the name of "freedom' in a flawed and failed pre emptive war.

Many missed opportunities.

I think Kerry won the debate because well...considering his opponent how could he not, but I was hoping for a stronger performance.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 05:37 am
"I think Kerry won the debate because well...considering his opponent how could he not, but I was hoping for a stronger performance."

I agree, Kerry again proved to be the superior debator. But his repititious "I have a plan" got as annoying as Bush's "it's hard work" in the first debate.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 05:45 am
One of the the things that really pissed me off, was when Bush was discussing the use of embryonic stem cells. He clearly stated that he opposed it, based on what he described as "ethics". Ethics my foot. He purposely did not call a spade a spade.........(which would have alienated a lot of people) that he is a religious fundamentalist who would hamstring science in the service of some personal, parochial religious view. Phooey!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 05:46 am
A really decisive win would have clinched the election for Kerry IMO....but this did not happen.

I thought Kerry's weakest moment was walking into the trap on his last question that allowed bush to close the debate by saying Kerry voted against the 87 billon....I came out of my chair yelling at the tv for Kerry to shut up......it was sort of funny actually....you'd have thought I believed Kerry could hear me....I did not want that, even though I believe it's meaningless, to be the last thing people heard......
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 05:47 am
My favorite part of the debate was when Cheryl Otis told Kerry that some of her friends, family and co-workers weren't gonna vote for him because they think he's "wishy-washy"! LOL!!!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 9 Oct, 2004 05:52 am
JustWonders wrote:
My favorite part of the debate was when Cheryl Otis told Kerry that some of her friends, family and co-workers weren't gonna vote for him because they think he's "wishy-washy"! LOL!!!

no doubt in my mind......too bad Kerry didn't have a booger hanging from his nose...that would have sent you into convulsions.....
0 Replies