Debate Number 2....Are You Watching?

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 03:56 pm
Make sure you get one that's armour plated.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:36 pm
Home ownership is at an all time high in the holding company.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:43 pm
Turned on the radio:

It was rock a day Johnny singing
Tell your ma tell your pa
Our loves a gonna grow
Ooh wah oo wah.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:46 pm
Just finished watching it. Bush did well. I belioeve the polls will settle down with a 3-4% margin for Bush. Kerry is running out of time and ideas.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:48 pm
georgeob, You're showing your bias. What most of the pundits are saying is that Bush supporters will say Bush won, and Kerry supporters will say Kerry won. That's about right; the only question remains, how will the undecideds vote?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:50 pm
bookmark ...

There's two parallel threads:

Everyone ready for Bush/Kerry debate #2?

C-SPAN2 is once again the best place to watch the debate!
0 Replies

Thok

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 08:53 pm
I watched it.
I think that Kerry gains again. Very strong performance with facts and good sentences, he adress to Bush directly as well as the camera and accordingly the audience.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:14 pm
Thok wrote:
I watched it.
I think that Kerry gains again. Very strong performance with facts and good sentences, he adress to Bush directly as well as the camera and accordingly the audience.

I agree. No doubt that Bush did much better this time around, but I think Kerry came out on top again and did an excellent job as well. It will be interesting to see what the public has to say.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:17 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
Just finished watching it. Bush did well. I belioeve the polls will settle down with a 3-4% margin for Bush. Kerry is running out of time and ideas.

Granted Bush is not the public speaker or debate artist Kerry is, nonetheless skills in debate can only cover up a case of ideological brain death so long and the whole thing sort of ran out on Kerry tonight. The guy really is the most liberal of all US senators simply by his voting record and America is not going to elect a guy like that for its president.

Aside from that, Pat Buchannon is saying that Bush handed Kerry his ass tonight and nobody at FreeRepublic or other right of center forums appears to disagree.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:20 pm
Kerry expressed ideas while Bush simply attacked Kerry's ideas.

Bush is a simpleton and it has never been more evident than tonight.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:22 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Aside from that, Pat Buchannon is saying that Bush handed Kerry his ass tonight and nobody at FreeRepublic or other right of center forums appears to disagree.

LOL!

In other breaking news, in the circles of the San Francisco Peace Action Commune and the France-America Friendship Association the consensus is that Kerry won!

Seriously, now ...
0 Replies

colorbook

I think Kerry won this one too.
0 Replies

ebrown p

As Bush himself said tonight

"He looked at me as if my clock was up."

That was the most eloquent thing he said....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:23 pm
I think Bush did much better this time, but I think Kerry did better yet.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:24 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Kerry expressed ideas while Bush simply attacked Kerry's ideas.

Bush is a simpleton and it has never been more evident than tonight.

Its true that Kerry seemed to spend more time explaining what he wanted to do, while Bush spent more time on arguing why Kerry's plans were no good. Thats an odd juxtaposition considering Bush is the incumbent President ...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:25 pm
nimh wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

LOL!

In other breaking news, in the circles of the San Francisco Peace Action Commune and the France-America Friendship Association the consensus is that Kerry won!

Seriously, now ...
Laughing Laughing Laughing ROFLMAO!
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:26 pm
Montana wrote:
Thok wrote:
I watched it.

I agree. No doubt that Bush did much better this time around, but I think Kerry came out on top again and did an excellent job as well. It will be interesting to see what the public has to say.

Why do you think Kerry came out on top? Because he presented actual ideas instead of attacks and defense and lame-ass jokes? He sounded rehearsed, even his lame-ass joke sounded rehearsed. And Bush did so much better this time than last time, which gives him more momentum. I'm thinking that it was a tie, but when there is a tie, doesn't the win go to the seated pundit?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:28 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
I disagree with Pheonix and Gus...

The debate is the best way to let the candidates speak... unscripted and unrehearsed. Would you want to cast your vote without the forum these debates provide?

Surely you jest.

Both candidates have come to these debates as they come to their stump speeches: well rehearsed and with a script.

The only spontaneous comments are those that are used to transition from the specific question to a rehearsed and scripted speech.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:30 pm
Kerry is a more polished speaker than Bush and he composes his arguments and sentences better than does Bush. However, I don;t think that is the issue here. Bush managed to effectively communicate his values and determination. He blunted Kerrys attacks and left him saying, "I have a plan..." endlessly. He also scored a few points to inhibit or, in a few cases, to nullify Kerry;s arguments. Overall Bush did much better than in the first debate.

I stick by my earlier post. I'm not trying to score the debate, but rather to asess its impact on the electorate, given where the estimates are now and considering the time remaining before the election.

In the short term I believe the polls will settle down with Bush 3-4% ahead, and, barring any unexpected setback, will win the election decisively.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2004 09:33 pm
princesspupule wrote:
Montana wrote:
Thok wrote:
I watched it.

Why do you think Kerry came out on top? Because he presented actual ideas instead of attacks and defense and lame-ass jokes? He sounded rehearsed, even his lame-ass joke sounded rehearsed. And Bush did so much better this time than last time, which gives him more momentum. I'm thinking that it was a tie, but when there is a tie, doesn't the win go to the pundit?

I think Kerry came out on top because he is actually offering something, while Bush did nothing but attack everything Kerry said and spent the rest of the time trying to defend himself on the issue of the Iraq war. Bottom line is that Bush isn't offering the people anything at all, while Kerry has put a lot of goodies out on the table.
0 Replies