monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
jcboy

Fri 19 May, 2017 07:54 pm
@jcboy,
I read a new report saying Trumps campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russia. This is bullshit. If this is proven true and unconstitutional, rather than him getting impeached and the bigot Pence becomes president, the entire campaign should be forfeited and the presidency should go to Hillary! Not to mention the 3 MILLION more Americans that voted for her, but I know, her emails. Razz
reasoning logic

Fri 19 May, 2017 07:58 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
the presidency should go to Hillary!

You think that Donald's old friend should get it? Isn't that close to nepotism?
0 Replies

layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 07:59 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I read a new report saying Trumps campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russia.

Undisclosed? Do you mean russians (you can't "contact" a country)? Who requires "disclosure" of "contacts with russians?"

A homey of mine went to Moscow recently and had hundreds of "contacts with russians." He didn't know that was illegal, I guess, and he didn't know he had to tell everybody he met about every "contact" he made.

You cheese-eaters seem to think than just including the word "russia" in a sentence is sufficient to prove a crime, eh?
MontereyJack

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:05 pm
@layman,
Stupid. You know as wel as I do they're taking about contacts with Rusian officials not some guy selling sausages on the corner.
oralloy

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:08 pm
@MontereyJack,
As if having contacts with Russian officials was a crime?
MontereyJack

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:19 pm
@oralloy,
The Trumpists claimed they'd
had NO contacts with Russians. They lied.
layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:23 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

The Trumpists claimed they'd
had NO contacts with Russians. They lied.

Really? Who claimed that? When? Who did they present the claim to? We know about Sessions and his perfectly legit meeting with the russian ambassador in his senate office with other officials present. Did he also have 17 other "undisclosed" meetings?
giujohn

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:24 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I just want to thank the true patriots that are leaking info on tRump, is that the sound of impeachment I hear? Cool

This idiot has spent a year trashing the justice department and intelligence agencies, did he really think they would follow him over a cliff? but he's "smarter" than everyone, smh! Razz

Oh please take my bet...PLEASE.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:30 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Michael Flynn and other advisers to Donald Trump’s campaign were in contact with Russian officials and others with Kremlin ties in at least 18 calls and emails during the last seven months of the 2016 presidential race, current and former U.S. officials familiar with the exchanges told Reuters.

Emails? Phone calls? Sounds like 18 more felonies have been committed by cheese-eaters, eh?

Quote:
The people who described the contacts to Reuters said they had seen no evidence of wrongdoing or collusion between the campaign and Russia in the communications reviewed.

Impossible! Every contact with a russian is a criminal offense.

You cheese-eaters will just haul out any old trash as "evidence of wrongdoing" and think suckers will believe your transparently hollow insinuations, won't you?
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:33 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

I read a new report saying Trumps campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russia. This is bullshit. If this is proven true and unconstitutional, rather than him getting impeached and the bigot Pence becomes president, the entire campaign should be forfeited and the presidency should go to Hillary! Not to mention the 3 MILLION more Americans that voted for her, but I know, her emails. Razz

You are one delusional cheese head.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:40 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Say it ain't so, Joe! Say it ain't so!

(I hope I got that saying right. Relates to some sort of old baseball scandal I think.)

Yeah, some kid talkin to Shoeless Joe Jackson circa 1919 (or was it 1909?) about the world series bribery scandal.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:43 pm
@layman,
Quote:

Really? Who claimed that

Mike Pence, for one.
layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:46 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Quote:

Really? Who claimed that

Mike Pence, for one.
Did Pence have "undisclosed contacts with russia?"
MontereyJack

Fri 19 May, 2017 09:05 pm
@layman,
He said the Trump people had no contact with Russian officials. He was flagrantly WRONG.
layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 09:09 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

He said the Trump people had no contact with Russian officials. He was flagrantly WRONG.

Wrong? You said he LIED, not just that he was "wrong." Did Pence know about these "undisclosed" contacts which (you say) he denied?
layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 09:13 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Those discussions focused on mending U.S.-Russian economic relations strained by sanctions imposed on Moscow, cooperating in fighting Islamic State in Syria and containing a more assertive China, the sources said.

In the conversations during the campaign, Russian officials emphasized a pragmatic, business-style approach and stressed to Trump associates that they could make deals by focusing on common economic and other interests and leaving contentious issues aside, the sources said.

Veterans of previous election campaigns said some contact with foreign officials during a campaign was not unusual.

MAJOR SCANDAL ALERT!!!!
0 Replies

layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 09:22 pm
@layman,
It's possible that if a guy like Paul Mannafort had a hot date with a Babe working at the russian embassy in Washington, he didn't know he was legally compelled to tell Mike Pence about it, ya know?
0 Replies

layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 09:36 pm
Quote:
The New York Times and CNN are both reporting that members of Donald Trump's campaign spoke with Russia frequently during the campaign. It's worth noting that their reporting includes significant caveats.

Most importantly, it's not clear these discussions involved the campaign...CNN says it was with “Russian nationals known to U.S. intelligence.”

[I see--russian "nationals," eh?]

The Times notes, “it is not unusual for American businessmen to come in contact with foreign intelligence officials, sometimes unwittingly, in countries like Russia and Ukraine, where the spy services are deeply embedded in society.

So basically, conclusions that this proves collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government are premature.

"Premature?" How about totally without any known evidence?

"Nationals?" Why don't they just say "russian citizens?" That's all they're talking about. But notice how, in the first sentence, that becomes "Russia."

Kinda like the russians my homey met in Moscow talked to "The United States of America," I guess.
0 Replies