monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Fri 19 May, 2017 05:43 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
A voice of sanity in the administration.
Quote:
N.Korea military solution would be 'tragic on an unbelievable scale'

WASHINGTON, May 19 (Reuters) - U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said on Friday that any military solution to the North Korea crisis would be "tragic on an unbelievable scale" and said Washington was working internationally to find a diplomatic solution.

"We are going to continue to work the issue," Mattis told a Pentagon news conference. "If this goes to a military solution, it’s going to be tragic on an unbelievable scale. So our effort is to work with the U.N., work with China, work with Japan, work with South Korea to try to find a way out of this situation."

Reuters

Well obviously a nuclear war will be tragic on an unbelievable scale and should be avoided if at all possible.

The trouble is, North Korea is not going to allow us to avoid it.

Of course we should try diplomatic measures while there is still time, just in case some miracle can be achieved.

But let's not delude ourselves with any illusions that a nuclear war with North Korea isn't coming. We need to do what we can to prepare for the war. Because it's coming.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Lash

Fri 19 May, 2017 06:00 pm
@oralloy,
Dude, you need to research the facts on what passed for rape in that case.
revelette1

Fri 19 May, 2017 06:03 pm
@Lash,
I did do my own research. Apparently, the woman had a change of mind after first agreeing to it. Something about condoms not being used. A woman should be able change her mind.
Lash

Fri 19 May, 2017 06:14 pm
@revelette1,
I read she had Day After change of mind. Nobody has the right to do that.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-11949341
revelette1

Fri 19 May, 2017 06:20 pm
@Lash,
Sometimes victims of sexual assault do not report right away. It doesn't lessen what happened to her. I don't really know why they dropped the charges, perhaps new facts came to light. I didn't read it about and really have no desire to.
Lash

Fri 19 May, 2017 06:22 pm
@revelette1,
Lady A was just fine until she met Lady B. Suddenly, both are mad about sex.

That's the worst example of bitches trying to get even with a dude because of jealousy. They **** it up for legitimate tape victims.
oralloy

Fri 19 May, 2017 06:23 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Dude, you need to research the facts on what passed for rape in that case.

I've read about the charges:
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2010/dec/17/julian-assange-sweden

Liberals just think that rape is OK if it is done by a liberal. Note that movie director who violently raped a 13 year old girl and is always protected from extradition to the US. Liberals actually condemned the 13 year old girl for having been brutally raped.

When Assange helped out the terrorists, liberals were so delighted by that that they made him an honorary liberal, and as such, liberals now think it is just fine for him to rape people.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 19 May, 2017 06:25 pm
@hightor,
Well I didn't specifically bring up the NYT story but it is pertinent.

I don't recall referring to it as "fake news," but if you say I did I guess I must have. Apparently, you're thinking about it more than I am.

My point about McCain was not focused on that one story but his pre-presidential election relationship with the MSM. I don't think it's subject to much dispute that he has always cultivated the image of Maverick, and that he curried favor with the MSM. Both ends were often served by being more than willing to criticize fellow Republicans. As a result he was afforded special treatment; more, relatively, favorable treatment. Once he got in the ring with Obama, the true favorite of the MSM, he found that whatever currying he had done in the past was no longer of any value. They went after him as they would have their least favorite Republican (at the time - Trump wasn't really a political figure yet so Trump Derangement Syndrome hadn't afflicted them).

My overall point, which you have made clear you don't buy, is that there is a demonstrable liberal bias in the MSM which applies a double standard when "reporting" on Democrat and Republican politicians. Republican politicians to a man or woman who attempt to curry favor with the MSM are ultimately disappointed when the anticipated payback is not forthcoming. Now I don't have a problem with the MSM not delivering to Republicans who attempt to win them over. They shouldn't and if they would only apply that standard to Democrat politicians, I wouldn't have such a problem with them. I do though have a problem with the Republicans who make this futile effort, not only because it reveals them to be fools, but as with McCain, their side of the anticipated bargain is providing the MSM with a voice critical of a fellow Republican or a Republican policy so that they always have at least one GOP voice to add to the criticism as some sort of validation of illusory fairness.

If you don't believe it, I'm not going to convince you and I'm not trying to.
NSFW (view)
reasoning logic

Fri 19 May, 2017 06:39 pm
Dems will hate this, republicans will love it and progressives will see it as old news.

layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 07:03 pm
@reasoning logic,
What's amazing is that after going down the litany of all the corrupt financial dealings Trump engaged in, she's right when she says democrats don't seem to care. I wonder why?
layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 07:05 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
She had awoken to find him having sex with her..

Yeah, right, eh?

Translation: I pretended to be asleep.
layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 07:10 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

The more I read about what Comey says (and doesn't say) the more I think he's a weasel. Also considering when and where he chooses to say what he says (or doesn't say).

You can start with his claim that "his" decision to "let Hillary go" was based on his conclusion that no prosecutor would be able to prove intent.

What he DIDN'T say, of course, is that no specific intent is required by the statute and that gross negligence is quite sufficient for a conviction.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 19 May, 2017 07:14 pm
@oralloy,
That's quite a load of bullshit.

If you read what happened, the worst he did was **** weirdos. They NEVER said no. They just bitched about it later.

I don't condone rape by anyone. It just didn't happen in this case.
Lash

Fri 19 May, 2017 07:16 pm
@layman,
I mean, c'mon. How many times does this happen??

She never said no!
layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 07:24 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I mean, c'mon. How many times does this happen??

She never said no!

Exactly. As you said, this is the kind of trumped-up charge that only serves to undermine the claims of actual rape victims.

Years ago a woman I knew said she had been raped the night before. Turns out it was a guy she knew, and had had sex with her before, that came to her door at about 2:00 A.M. She let him in. Soon thereafter he led her into the bedroom and they had sex, even though she didn't really want to.

She didn't tell him that, though, because it would have been useless. He was "bigger than her."
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 19 May, 2017 07:28 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
They NEVER said no.

As far as the first woman goes, if a guy suddenly starts tearing a woman's clothes off without warning, and she responds by trying to put her clothes back on, her response would normally be seen as a lack of consent.

The second woman clearly stated a lack of consent to any unprotected sex, and then he had unprotected sex with her while she was asleep.
jcboy

Fri 19 May, 2017 07:38 pm
I just want to thank the true patriots that are leaking info on tRump, is that the sound of impeachment I hear? Cool

This idiot has spent a year trashing the justice department and intelligence agencies, did he really think they would follow him over a cliff? but he's "smarter" than everyone, smh! Razz
reasoning logic

Fri 19 May, 2017 07:50 pm
@layman,
Quote:
I wonder why?

The DNC and the RNC seem to be different sides of the same mafia ideological coin. Psychopathy nor sociopathy is seen as a disorder in the DSM but I think you can find the disorder that both parties have in the DSM, A clue would be to research cluster B personality disorders. Surely you have at least one family member as I do with these disorders?
0 Replies