monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Lash

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:53 am
@blatham,
Not slow to understand. Slow to climb on a cacophonous bandwagon without

proof.

None produced, still.

Russia and the US have colonies of spies working against each other and every other country of note since forever. It's an easy accusation.

A masterful Clintonesque deflection from actual proof of the DNC's actual verified election tampering.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:56 am
@layman,
Yeah, but then, Trump's treatment of the media has been "unprecedented in its hostility." He made enemies in each and everyone of them, even FAUX. Humiliating the media has worked well with his audience, and humiliating Trump works well with the media reader/viewership. It's a win-win, or perhaps a lose-lose but it's a case of "two to tango".
farmerman

Fri 19 May, 2017 08:57 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
He knows farmerman, you the MSM and everyone else calling for Trump head dont have evidence of collusion.
Collusion nd other things are what the investigations are about, lets see what comes out of it.
Recall, in the early days of the Trump regime all the White Housers were denying ANY CONNECTION with Russia before the election. Also, the entire issue of Flynn's hiring , when everyone knew from where he stood.
Why does Trump give the appearance that hes trying to hide something.
Just yesterday in his daily "Netwhine" he announced as to how he was the most ill treated by the "media" of all past presidents, .Then he stated that there ws no collusion s far as HE WAS INVOLVED. Hes already drawing the line to set up "plausible deniability.

PS-you really were addressing Blickers not me.
gungasnake

Fri 19 May, 2017 09:11 am
@layman,
Quote:
I mean, like, when legal experts disagree, how is a mere layman supposed to know who's right? I would trust my homeys before I would some damn Supreme Court Justices who I aint even never met.

Especially when demoperv presidents have managed to appoint two little pigs like Elena Kagen and Sonia Sotomayor to the supreme court....
0 Replies

layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 09:31 am
@Olivier5,
Generally speaking, but maybe especially when it comes to "impartial" reporting to the public, the facts, as known, should dictate the choice of words used to characterize or summarize them.

The MSM doesn't see it that way. They think the adjectives they choose to apply to "the facts" can, should, and do dictate what "the facts" truly are.

Trump fights against this rampant sophistry, sure, but he didn't start the fight. To defer to the MSM when it is distorting the facts is not only unwise it is, in a very real sense, dishonest.
gungasnake

Fri 19 May, 2017 09:33 am
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3529471/pg1

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/05/dems-think-can-impeach-president-trump-nothing-won-30-states-election-sadly-mistaken/
0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 19 May, 2017 09:41 am
@layman,
1. There's no such thing as the "MSM". Everybody defines it differently, because "mainstream" means nothing very precise. Tying all these different media together under one acronym to condemn them all is misleading.

2. There's no such thing as "impartial reporting". Journalists are not robots.

3. Trump DID escalate what is normally a low key tit-for-tat argument into a massive showdown. He didn't need to call them all "enemies of the people". And all he had to do to keep FAUX firmly on his side was to answer a few harmless questions by a woman, who was on his side anyway. He couldn't take it, because he can't take even the slightest criticism gracefuly. That's how insecure the guy is.
izzythepush

Fri 19 May, 2017 09:47 am
@farmerman,
If Trump were running a restaurant instead of the presidency and there was as much proof of poor hygiene as there is of proof of collusion with the Russians, then only a bloody idiot would contemplate eating there.
layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 09:48 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
He couldn't take it, because he can't take even the slightest criticism gracefuly. That's how insecure the guy is.

Well, coming from a Frog, I guess this makes sense. But most don't see self-defense as a sign of "insecurity." It's a matter of common sense and self-respect that's all.

If the U.S. was invaded by some foreign power, like, oh, say, Nazi Germany, I certainly wouldn't characterize their utter demolition of those pigs as being a sign of "insecurity." Now, if they were to cave in and immediately surrender, I might well call THAT a sign of "insecurity."
layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 10:01 am
Quote:
And all he had to do to keep FAUX firmly on his side was to answer a few harmless questions by a woman, who was on his side anyway.

If someone like Trump calls a slovenly piece of trash like Rosie O'Donnel a "pig," then he's a misogynist, who hates all women.

If he criticizes Obama, he's a "racist," who just hates blacks.

This is the "thinking," such as it is, promoted by the "identity politics" of the tribalist "progressives."

Nice try, cheese-eaters.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 19 May, 2017 10:02 am
If a restaurant floated gossip and innuendo about hygiene issues at a competitor's restaurant, and paid the state inspector to 'find' infractions, you also might be led to believe you shouldn't eat there.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 19 May, 2017 10:08 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
He knows farmerman, you the MSM and everyone else calling for Trump head dont have evidence of collusion.
Collusion nd other things are what the investigations are about, lets see what comes out of it.
Recall, in the early days of the Trump regime all the White Housers were denying ANY CONNECTION with Russia before the election. Also, the entire issue of Flynn's hiring , when everyone knew from where he stood.
Why does Trump give the appearance that hes trying to hide something.
Just yesterday in his daily "Netwhine" he announced as to how he was the most ill treated by the "media" of all past presidents, .Then he stated that there ws no collusion s far as HE WAS INVOLVED. Hes already drawing the line to set up "plausible deniability.

You're entitled to your opinions based on your interpretation of things said and done, but the fact remains you are not aware of any evidence that proves collusion between Trump or his campaign and the Russians. It won't grind the investigations to a screeching halt or ensure a second term for Trump if you acknowledge that fact.

We have no choice but to see what comes out of the investigations. I'm not arguing for them to be ended only for them to conducted thoroughly and expeditiously. I would have a hard time believing that you deny that the opposition to Trump would prefer these investigations drag on as long as possible and that if there is a way to stretch them out, they will do so.

Obviously they may, before they are ended, turn up evidence that proves collusion. It's not an impossibility, however given the vast resources that have been directed towards finding that evidence; beginning prior to Trump's election, if there is evidence out there it's not going to be easily found. While the absence of evidence of guilt doesn't necessary confirm the absence of guilt, the right of due process recognizes that there must be reasonable limitations to the search for it. If you were accused of a crime you didn't commit you certainly wouldn't be happy if the authorities were allowed to conduct an endless investigation for their Holy Grail if the process greatly disrupted your personal and professional lives and you would have the legal means to end it, or at least it's disruptive aspects. I am hopeful that Special Counsel Mueller will not follow an endless path and that he will not allow rumors and innuendo or merely an appearance of something shady to extend a fallow investigation for years.

PS-you really were addressing Blickers not me.

No kidding? That's probably why I included you by name and Blickers as "you" in my response to Blickers' post. BTW - That post was a response to brandon's which in turn was a response to yours; hence your inclusion in my response. I can see how you might be confused but follow the trail back and all will be revealed.
layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 10:18 am

Hahahaha.

0 Replies

Olivier5

Fri 19 May, 2017 10:18 am
@layman,
When one is a public servant, one has to face criticism and questions from the media. It goes with the territory. If you can't see the difference between a journalist asking a question and a Nazi burning a Jew, you have a problem. And when you treat all journalists like Nazis, you shouldn't be too surprised if they treat you like, well, a Nazi...
glitterbag

Fri 19 May, 2017 10:36 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

No kidding? That's probably why I included you by name and Blickers as "you" in my response to Blickers' post. BTW - That post was a response to brandon's which in turn was a response to yours; hence your inclusion in my response. I can see how you might be confused but follow the trail back and all will be revealed.

[/quote]

Oh brother!
0 Replies

layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 10:36 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

When one is a public servant, one has to face criticism and questions from the media.

Well, sure, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't dispute slander and lies. Sure, it was the "conventional wisdom" that politicians should just "politely disagree" with arrogant journalists with no scruples, and never be openly hostile to the "press." That was just the "smart" thing to do.

I wouldn't say smart, myself. I would say "cowardly." These "polite" politicians just feared retaliation which they were afraid they couldn't effectively combat.

Trump threw out the book of "conventional wisdom" and, by doing so, kicked all of their sorry asses. The resentment and desire for the most extreme form of "revenge" has been quite apparent since the day he won the election.
giujohn

Fri 19 May, 2017 10:43 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

If Trump were running a restaurant instead of the presidency and there was as much proof of poor hygiene as there is of proof of collusion with the Russians, then only a bloody idiot would contemplate eating there.

Dianne Feinstein seems to disagree with you.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Fri 19 May, 2017 10:55 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

Quote:
look up... the meaning of the phrase, "see your way clear."

OK

Quote:
see one's way to
Also, see one's way clear to. Find it possible or feel free to do something, as in Can you see your way to lending me the car for the week?...This expression, which transfers seeing one's path to something unobstructed, was first recorded in 1774.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/see+one%27s+way+clear+to

Yeah, right. "feel free," unobstructed."

That's what I said. It's Comey's choice, not an order from Trump. Obstructed by what? Scruples, conscience, propriety, law, etc. The kinds of concerns that would make you UNWILLING to do something.

Trump never suggested that Comey do anything that he was unwilling to do, for whatever reason.

Here's the pertinent definition, from your selfsame source,

Quote:
see your way (clear) to doing something

to be able to do something and agree to do it Do you think you could see your way clear to lending me a bit more money?

By saying, "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go, he is a good guy. I hope you can let this go," Trump asked that Comey let the investigation go.

Cute attempt at subterfuge, though, trumpee.
layman

Fri 19 May, 2017 11:02 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
By saying, "I hope... Trump asked...
Cute attempt at subterfuge, though, trumpee.

Cute attempt at sophistry, cheese-eater
ossobucotemp

Fri 19 May, 2017 11:19 am
@snood,
Ooh, it's a visit to the pope too? Now I can hardly wait.