Wed 14 Dec, 2016 03:32 pm
More deleting the record of what he previously said prudeence
Quote:
Flynn Deletes Tweet About Clinton 'Sex Crimes With Children' Conspiracy Theory
Who? Me? Not a chance, bub
Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 03:40 pm
@blatham,
Delete is such an overused word... kind of like 'racists', don't you think?
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 03:50 pm

Quote:
Why some Americans vote against their own health care interests
By Steve Benen 12/14/16 02:57PM
A couple of weeks ago, we talked about those Americans who like and rely on the Affordable Care Act, but who nevertheless voted for Donald Trump -- who's vowed to scrap the Affordable Care Act. To get a better sense of these voters' motivations, Vox's Sarah Kliff and Byrd Pinkerton traveled last week to Corbin, Kentucky, where "Obamacare" has had great success in lowering the uninsured rate, but where the clear majority of local voters backed Trump.

The question was straightforward: "Why would people vote for a presidential candidate who campaigned on taking away their health insurance?" Vox's reports on this are well worth your time, but there was one exchange that stood out for me between Kliff and a local woman named Debbie Mills, a 53-year-old woman whose husband has a serious medical condition. Mills, who cast her ballot for Trump, explained that "it's been great to have health insurance, because I couldn't imagine what it would be like to not have it."
Quote:
KLIFF: Do you think if [the ACA] does go away, you'll regret your vote in any way? Thinking, "I voted for this person who took away my health insurance." Or ... it's like, that's one of so many things, like you said, jobs, the economy?

MILLS: I don't know. I guess I thought that, you know, he would not do this. That they would not do this, would not take the insurance away. Knowing that it's affecting so many people's lives. I mean, what are you to do then if you cannot ... purchase, cannot pay for the insurance? You know, what are we to do?

Mills ended up asking Kliff if the health care law could be changed. After hearing that it can, the woman conceded, "You're scaring me now, on the insurance part. 'Cause I have been in a panic, so I'm afraid now that the insurance is going to go away and we're going to be up a creek."

This dovetails with another conversation Vox had with a local voter named Kathy Oller, an ACA enrollment worker who also voted for Trump. Oller argued that Trump "can't" scrap the Affordable Care Act "because everybody has to have health care. You can't go backward."
oops
This gets to ehBeth's argument - future votes will be determined by what Americans' lived experience is like under Trump and modern conservatives. And it's a big problem for Republicans if they rip out the ACA as they've been claiming they'll do for years now. Hospitals, insurance companies and citizens will be thrown into an ugly and expensive tizzy. It's why they've failed for all these years to explicate a detailed replacement. It's why they are making sounds about doing this after the mid-terms.

But that's where propaganda comes in. What they will do, almost certainly, is forward inaccurate claims about solvency and costs as a means to "justify" their plans. They'll laud the miraculous healing powers of privatization. Etc. And if things go south real bad, they'll blame Obama for creating the whole mess in the first place. It remains to be seen if this sort of campaign will convince enough people such that they can get away with it. Here, the record isn't cause for optimism. If they remain the only voice filling the media space.
Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 03:53 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzqptQBUoAACykb.jpg:large
0 Replies

Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 04:01 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzqzMwkXAAggtnk.jpg
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 04:01 pm
From the WSJ
Quote:
Russian officials say publicly and privately that U.S. national-security officials with an interest in Cold War-style confrontation created the furor over the alleged Russian hacking.

I wonder what Trump and McConnell/Ryan might have to say on which source is the more dependable.
Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 04:04 pm
@blatham,
Typical liberal democrat behavior.
http://www.rushimg.com/cimages//media/images2/putin-obama2/1570299-1-eng-GB/Putin-Obama.jpg
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 04:07 pm
Credit where due.
Quote:
In speeches earlier this year, Tillerson, the CEO of ExxonMobil, praised the Paris climate accord. Crucially, he not only recognized the problem of global warming; he also extolled the Paris agreement as the right sort of framework for tackling it.

Here’s what Tillerson said in a speech in November, at a conference in Abu Dhabi:

Quote:
“At ExxonMobil, we share the view that the risks of climate change are serious and warrant thoughtful action. Addressing these risks requires broad-based, practical solutions around the world.”

“Importantly, as a result of the Paris agreement, both developed and developing countries are now working together to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions, while recognizing differing national responsibilities, capacities and circumstances. The best hope for the future is to enable and encourage long-term investments in both proven and new technologies, while supporting effective policies.”
link
I read a note somewhere else that this was preceded by Exxon being embroiled in a climate-denial scandal but I haven't verified that yet.

ps... And we'd need to see actual policies and behavioral changes by Exxon that back up those words.
Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 04:22 pm
@blatham,
Rex is going to rock as SOS, he's fully up to speed on the climate hoax.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 04:45 pm
Obama's approval at 77 among millennials.
link
Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 04:49 pm
@blatham,
Whoop-de-f**ing-do!

Focus on the saveable.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 05:25 pm
It's going to be nothing but fake news until inauguration day.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzrEJEiUoAAaF8E.jpg
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 05:37 pm
@georgeob1,
Just trying to help out here Georgeob, buuuuutttttt, layman is not Black. The icon he uses is a picture of John Lee Hooker (American Blues Man). I agree with farmerman, his mangling of faux black patois of undetermined origin is offensive. It's actually the first tip off he's passing himself off as something he is not. It probably wasn't smart to ask 'just who is this Lou Rawls of which you speak'?
Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 05:49 pm
@glitterbag,
Lol !

0bama is half white and manages a faux black persona, obama is not black - he's only half black.

Dogs find Glitter's icon offensive, passing him, or herself off as a bitch.
0 Replies

giujohn

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 06:31 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

If those things do go forward, I think the split in America will become dangerously obvious. I hope enough people are interested in holding the country together to figure out a way to mediate the differences.

It really reminds of Canada's two solitudes of 100/150 years ago.

Could you be hinting at a civil war?

If so remember we have all the guns and know how to use them!
giujohn

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 06:34 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

People are going to feel the reality of what Mr. Trump and his team do when it happens. He'll take care of his own media. No need to offer additional coverage. He will get the spotlight without it being handed to him.

Wow. we are in agreement!

(Although I'm sure you mean it much differently)
0 Replies

giujohn

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 06:39 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:

Leaving the messaging to him would be, in my eyes, a very serious error. These guys do not shy from systemic propaganda. And they clearly do not give a **** about being honest.

Your describing the very people Trump seeks to avoid.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 06:45 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
If so remember we have all the guns and know how to use them!
Thats about as moronic a statement as Ive ever read on this forum. Stop trying to act like some bully on a playground.
Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 06:59 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Thats about as moronic a statement as Ive ever read on this forum.

But that's exactly what 0bama and his minions would have everyone believe...
0bama and his democrats act like some bully on a playground
0 Replies

giujohn

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 07:09 pm
It is no secret that the owners if this site are so left as to go in circles and never get anywhere for fear of making a right ******* turn.

Banning someone for using cheese eater...that's ******* rich. His meaning was that you leftists are of the wine and cheese crowd.

More likely he got under the skin if some of the owners longtime liberals buddies here causing them such stress even their ******* hot chocolate and therapy dogs couldn't calm their apoplexy.

I didn't see bobsal get banned for his daily voluminous anti-cop cut and paste bullshit and his caustic unprovoked insults.(and before you accuse me, I counterpunch, and rarely if ever go on the offensive) It took my bet with him to get rid of him...thank you very much.

And if layman is banned for calling you cheese eaters then shouldn't farmerman also go for referring to me as a donut eater and encouraging others to do so as well?

The tolerant left my ******* ass. Nothing but a bunch of whiney little candy asses. I pity you all if this country ever had to face a real crisis...the only good thing will be the swift elimination of the weak. At that point you all will be selling your ass for a piece if ******* cheese.