monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 11:24 am
This place needs a new crop of 'tolerant liberals'.
The current crop is talking the talk, but they aren't walking the walk. Shame on them.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 11:33 am
@georgeob1,
actually hes not a black guy. He uses that personna to reflect almost in a racist fashion his true leanings.
he is just sort of educated bout certain issues and then throws in a printed "towel" by claiming his ignorqnce rather than discussing something more deeply.
Still, I found him fun to mess with and , like Frugal , he was never on to hide his feelings under a peach basket.

Youre on your own there George.

I wonder how this CIA shakeout on the Russian hacking will play out. Remember, Bush's incoming denial about bin Laden planning something big (as was announced by the CIA "Sisterhood") was right on and resulted in 9/11. I think theres too much behind Trump dismissal of his intelligence agency.
LAst month he was all behind the FBI when it announced the Weiner e-mails and what that could portend for Hillary. Now, the shoe's on the other foot with a bit greater evidence .

0 Replies

old europe

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 11:34 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
blatham wrote:
All that is exactly right and it needs to be known.

people are going to know soon enough what's going to happen because they'll be living the results

I'm not sure that "living the results" automatically means understanding the root causes.
farmerman

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 11:34 am
@georgeob1,
you having a bad day George? Wink
0 Replies

Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 11:35 am
Despite the fact that he hasn't taken office yet, Donald Trump is already having a positive effect on the economy.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 11:37 am
“Trump Effect” Propels Americans’ Economic Hopes to Record High in Notoriously Gloomy Gallup Poll
0 Replies

Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 11:40 am
Survey shows small business owners are upbeat after Donald Trump's presidential win
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 11:47 am
@old europe,
old europe wrote:
I'm not sure that "living the results" automatically means understanding the root causes.

I don't think that matters to most people.

They don't much care why it's different, they care that it's different. That's what this last election round in the US showed fairly clearly.

If this different works out, they'll vote the same way again.

If this different doesn't work out, someone better be ready to offer a different different.

Political scientists are interested in the why. A small proportion of voters are interested in why things are different. We see some of them here. The rest? not interested.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 12:49 pm
You guys are all doom and gloom.

I see nothing but sunny skies ahead. If Trump follows his agenda, the US will be back on top of the world again and it will be a great place to be.

I miss Layman's rhetoric too George.
cicerone imposter

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 12:57 pm
@McGentrix,
McG, America is already on top. The only way it can go is down.
Baldimo

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 01:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This is the same as saying that someone is a genius because they are the smartest kid in the special needs class.
cicerone imposter

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 01:26 pm
@tony5732,
How did the republican congress increase jobs in the US?
cicerone imposter

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 01:36 pm
@Baldimo,
No. We only need to look at our GDP compared to the rest of the world. People in Europe try to compare all of the European Union countries to the US, so all we need to do is combine the GDP of Canada, Mexico, and South America to the US. We can play silly games too!
Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 01:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The rest of the world is lacking the wonderful Constitution we the people of these United States of America depend on.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 01:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Tax cuts, reduced government induced complications & red tape, and we freed the slaves.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 01:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
0bama has dragged America down lower than it's ever been, #MAGA!
0 Replies

Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 02:19 pm
Let's be clear, 0bama did absolutely NOTHING to make America great - nothing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzqeiFkWgAEHHdV.jpg
cicerone imposter

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 02:47 pm
@Frugal1,
You are uninformed. Obama has a 55% approval rating, and our economy continues to grow while the rest of the world struggles.
Read the NYT and the Wall Street Journal. You might get some real information.
Frugal1

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 02:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You are wrong, 0bama is a worthless POS that never did a damn thing to make America great. He bent over backwards to tear down America while bending forward to hostile nations & apologizing for all of the great things America has done before his time. The rest of the world is struggling because of 0bama's actions & policies - the world will be a better place without him in power.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 14 Dec, 2016 03:24 pm
Mr Venom here (with my green card)
@georgeob As I've told you many times before, both publicly and privately, I'm really quite fond of you. Your political ideas stink to low heaven, obviously, but what the hell. I confess I'm frustrated that the US military's plans (working in concert with the Canadian government) to convert Walmart stores to re-education camps probably won't happen now so you'll get to keep those ideas but the good guys can't win them all. You won't find me tossing insults at you because I think you deserve better (also because the female in me is strong). But I won't be altering the mode in which I post on this thread (or the Propaganda one) even if you'd prefer I didn't.

I've kept no sort of track on who/what is included in my pastes/references but it must be somewhere around 50 different voices. Two, Heer and Frum, are Canadian. There's been several from Brit sources. All the rest are American voices. And every one of them cares about the future of the US.
Yours sincerely
Celine Dion - I'm the one on the left here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4p_3scB_8c
0 Replies