monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

giujohn

Wed 10 May, 2017 07:14 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I'm not sure you understand the significance of greenhouse gases. Or the concept of "average global temperature". Or the difference between readings on land and readings taken in the sea.

Are you disputing​ my figures gringo?
giujohn

Wed 10 May, 2017 07:16 pm
@jcboy,
Yeah and he also testified to usurping authority that wasn't his...that's why he got canned.
glitterbag

Wed 10 May, 2017 09:40 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

hightor wrote:

I'm not sure you understand the significance of greenhouse gases. Or the concept of "average global temperature". Or the difference between readings on land and readings taken in the sea.

Are you disputing​ my figures gringo?

Careful comrade, you might tip off the West.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 10 May, 2017 09:51 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Yeah and he also testified to usurping authority that wasn't his...that's why he got canned.

But thank God, Putin and his foreign minister and the Russian ambassador to the US along with only Russian reporters from TASS were able to trumpet Comey's demise. I always get cheered up when the Russians interfere with our Democracy. I really am at a loss to explain why gooey is such a fan of dictators, not really a total loss......but i figure the FBI will be able to spot him before too much longer.
Blickers

Wed 10 May, 2017 10:18 pm
@glitterbag,
Comey was ramping up the investigation before he got fired. A few weeks ago he went from weekly briefings on the Russia investigation to daily briefings. And he asked for more money for the spreading investigation, so they fired him.

Latest report is that the FBI had commenced investigating Trump's business dealings in relation to possible money laundering. And the hits just keep on coming.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 10 May, 2017 10:25 pm
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18342831_10155081356400259_8622418315399410370_n.jpg?oh=b4f417a33391956ffbf4260253bba46a&oe=59823866
layman

Wed 10 May, 2017 10:27 pm
@hightor,
Well, Hi, we'll see where all this comes out, and I don't really care to pursue the Bates/Karl relationship.

I will say that the "disgruntled worker" smear is commonplace, even if that is actually the case here.

I have read statements by other co-workers who completely took Bates' "side," and praised him highly. Apparently he was considered to be a sort of annoying "gadfly," because he was constantly insisting that proper procedures involving documentation of the work done be complied with and some others (like Karl) wanted to dispense with such procedures.

On the "science" side I will say this:

Apparently Karl took the position that the data which had been unquestionably accepted by all concerned for 15 years had all been wrong. This, he claimed, created the "illusion" of a warming hiatus.

The problem is that, even if he's right, this merely undermines the average person's confidence in these fools. We were told 20-25 years ago that the science was completely "settled." But settled on the basis of what, exactly?

The "bad" data they had been uncritically accepting for years, that it?

And why didn't any of these geniuses spot this "flaw" in the data in the prior 15 years? It creates a lot of doubts, which is one reason for the congressional investigation.

I've seen some AGW supporters (correctly, I think) claim that one of the foremost causes of skepticism was the over-confidence and over-reaching claims of the alarmists about the "certainty" of their propositions.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 10 May, 2017 10:47 pm
@gungasnake,
That looks like the rally of the friends of New Germany at Madison Square Garden, May 17, 1934. Am I mistaken, I suppose it could be a rally of those mental giants that belong to white supremacy groups. But nice try Comrade Gooey.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 10 May, 2017 10:54 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
In 2100, sea levels could rise as high as 6.9 feet in San Francisco and 7.1 feet in La Jolla.

Naw, it aint possible. Al Gore, the guy who knows everything about future climate changes, bought a multi-million dollar condo in San Francisco, right on the bay--about 2 feet above sea level, so it aint gunna happen.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 10 May, 2017 11:15 pm
Yeah, there's nothing going on here at all. Just the Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee investigating Trump ran back to the White House in front of TV cameras to advise them of something which came up in his investigation, which got him thrown off the investigation his own committee was conducting.

Just that Jason Chaffetz, Republican chairman of the House Oversight Committee, said that he had to leave Congress to get a foot condition he's been living with for seven years operated on. Perfectly normal-Congressmen leave office to get their foot operated on all the time.

Just that Trump's Attorney General had to recuse himself from the investigation because he gave untruthful answers about meeting the Russian ambassador a few months ago. And then non-recused himself and fired the FBI director right after Comey asked for money to ramp up the investigation.

Just that Trump's "national security advisor" just got a subpoena and is willing to tell all for immunity.

Nope, nothing special at all.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 11 May, 2017 12:45 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The deniers are not the ones who are preventing us from solving any climate problems.

Of course they have. Where have you been? Without the deniers we would be well on our way to mitigate the problem. The need to get rid of, syarting with the Trump administration in its entirity.
izzythepush

Thu 11 May, 2017 01:06 am
@glitterbag,
I know, it's horrible.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
izzythepush

Thu 11 May, 2017 01:08 am
Quote:
A US Senate panel investigating Russian interference in last year's election has issued a rare formal demand for documents from President Donald Trump's former national security adviser.

Michael Flynn has failed to voluntarily co-operate with the investigation, the Senate Intelligence Committee says.

He was forced to resign in February after failing to disclose the content of his talks with Russian diplomats.
The Senate Intelligence Committee said it issued a subpoena after Mr Flynn rejected its request on 28 April to submit documents relevant to the investigation.

Mr Flynn, a retired army lieutenant-general, misled the White House about discussing US sanctions against Russia with the country's envoy, Sergei Kislyak, before Donald Trump's inauguration in January.
His links to Russia are being scrutinised by the FBI and the House and Senate Intelligence Committees, as part of wider investigations into claims Moscow sought to tip the election in favour of Mr Trump, and into contacts between Russia and members of the president's campaign team.

The rare use of a subpoena by senators makes it clear that the committee is forging ahead with its investigation into the alleged Trump-Russia links, the BBC's Laura Bicker in Washington says.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39879749
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 11 May, 2017 01:13 am
@giujohn,
I rely on thermometres and satellites. Modern stuff, you know?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 11 May, 2017 01:29 am
Quote:
A reporter was arrested on Tuesday night at the West Virginia Capitol for allegedly causing a disturbance by shouting questions to two Trump aides.

Dan Heyman had asked Health Secretary Tom Price and White House adviser Kellyanne Conway about coverage under the Republican healthcare plan.

The veteran health reporter wanted to know if domestic violence would be covered as a pre-existing condition.

He later said he "was trying to do my job". He nows faces a prison sentence.

Mr Heyman, who works for the Public News Service, spoke to reporters after being released by police.

He said that he had been following the Trump team's entourage through the capitol building while wearing his press badge and a shirt identifying his media outlet.

"He didn't say anything," Mr Heyman told reporters about Mr Price's refusal to answer his question.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39866412

Chilling, this sounds more like Iran than America.
glitterbag

Thu 11 May, 2017 02:25 am
@izzythepush,
Not only was he arrested, he had to post $5,000 Bond in order to be released. Absolutely unbelievable.
Builder

Thu 11 May, 2017 02:32 am
@glitterbag,
Yeah, should be straight to Guantanamo for that guy.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 11 May, 2017 03:15 am
@oralloy,
The deniers ARE the fraud. They have blocked us from acting for decades now. Enough is enough. They have even infected you now, since you start denying the truth. Not sure we can keep you alive, kid. You too are a danger to mankind.
MontereyJack

Thu 11 May, 2017 03:27 am
@gungasnake,
TO REPEAT FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME, SINCE YOU SEEM UNABLE TO PROCESS THE TRUTH. TRUMP LOST THE ELECTION BY NEARLY THREE MILLION VOTES. THOSE SURE LOOK AND SOUND LIKE NAZI RALLIES IN THE THIRTIES.