Sat 6 May, 2017 10:13 pm
@McGentrix,
Thanks, will check it out...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 6 May, 2017 10:14 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
They should be dragged out into the streets.

Would you be OK with a type of French revolution?

ossobucotemp

Sat 6 May, 2017 10:24 pm
@layman,
Thanks, layman
0 Replies

roger

Sat 6 May, 2017 10:44 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Missed the original above, but pressing space bar will pause youtube videos, allow you to read, space bar again will continue. press and release as needed to read cc.

I just tried it on a youtube on the next page. Spacebar kicked me out of the close caption feature. Maybe it will work on a different one.
McGentrix

Sat 6 May, 2017 10:51 pm
@roger,
It activates the last thing you click, so if you click cc, then just click the video and then space bar will pause. If cc is last thing clicked, it will turn cc off and on.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 6 May, 2017 11:07 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Missed the original above, but pressing space bar will pause youtube videos, allow you to read, space bar again will continue. press and release as needed to read cc.

Thanks, Gent. That could come in handy. I didn't know how it worked, but I know that sometimes I see printed text. I figured I had just accidentally clicked on an icon that made it do that. Guess what I did was hit the space bar, eh?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 6 May, 2017 11:17 pm
@giujohn,
gooeyjohn says:

Quote:
I think the fact that he seems to be accomplishing more in 3 months than Obammy did in 8 years should be competent enough for anyone except those who seek to destroy him. As for "strange" if you mean not like your regular cookie cutter politico, I for one (as well as millions like me) think that's a good thing.

If you consider tearing things down, destroying worthwhile institutionsl and pursuing policies that are anathema to the large majority of American people, then , yes, Trumps is accomplishing more. And all of what he is "accomplishing" is pernicious. And many more millions think so than think like you. Sorry, but that's the simple fact.
layman

Sat 6 May, 2017 11:24 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Would you be OK with a type of French revolution?

Let em eat cake, eh?

The multitude of beheadings and the ambitious military plans of Bonaparte are being mirrored in the middle east today, where ISIS is determined to turn the entire world into a muslim caliphate.

That's cool, though. Trump's generals know how to deal with those fanatics.
MontereyJack

Sat 6 May, 2017 11:35 pm
@giujohn,
The hard right zealots like gooeyjohn who mainrtain that people without health care won't be dieing because they can always go to an emergency room at a hospital and the hospital has to eat the cost, is stupid. People with no health insurance tend to be much sicker when they finally go to an emergency room. Something that would be easily treatable if treated earlier on very often progresses much further before the uninsured gets to the emergency room. And tdiseases or conditions that are easily detectable and treatable if caughet earlier on can p;rogress much further and get more far more serious if not detected early, which regular checkups (paid for by Obamacare but Fbf''xond likely done away with by states that apply for waivers und er Trumpcare). Emergency rooms deal with crises, not prevention. That's one reason single-payer and government supported health care systems get better results and cost less--they emphasize preventive care and consequently beed less of the far more expensive crisis care the American system has fostered. So, yeah, people WILL die under the extremely dumb GOP Trumpcare system...
McGentrix

Sat 6 May, 2017 11:41 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

If you consider tearing things down, destroying worthwhile institutions and pursuing policies that are anathema to the large majority of American people, then , yes, Trumps is accomplishing more. And all of what he is "accomplishing" is pernicious. And many more millions think so than think like you. Sorry, but that's the simple fact.

Yeah, not so much. Just a matter of what you consider worthwhile.

Trump promised smaller government and he's delivering. Fewer regulations, check. Tax cuts, in the works. Repeal and Replace, through the House. Border wall, ummmm... eventually maybe?
gungasnake

Sat 6 May, 2017 11:41 pm
Obungacare taxes eliminated, giant sums:

http://100percentfedup.com/wow-heres-the-list-of-obamacare-taxes-abolished-by-the-housereduces-taxes-by-over-1-trillion/
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 6 May, 2017 11:52 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

The hard right zealots ......................................... is stupid.

And there's no cure for that.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 6 May, 2017 11:53 pm
@McGentrix,
Yeah, as the research shows, his policies are overhwlemingly rejected by the majority of /Americans, but Trump pays absolutely no attention to the peo[ple and persists in policies that only the most fanatically right-wing support. He has totally upended Abe Lincoln's ":government of the people, by the people for the people", often cited as the most succinct definition of democracy, to "Government of the people, by the bi9lionaires, for the billionaires". wioth massive tax cuts for the very rich, and massive cuts in programs that everybody else wants. That''s why his approval rating can't seem to get out of the 40% range. He remains hugely unpopular and qill until he starts doing things the majority of the coutnrywants.
izzythepush

Sun 7 May, 2017 12:01 am
@MontereyJack,
I think he's hoping that as long as he keeps up the anti Muslim, anti immigrant genitalia his bigoted supporters will happily keep voting against their own self interest.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 7 May, 2017 12:03 am
Greentard windmills rusting away....

https://americanelephant.wordpress.com/2013/07/07/14000-abandoned-wind-turbines-litter-the-united-states/
0 Replies

McGentrix

Sun 7 May, 2017 12:10 am
@MontereyJack,
"overwhelmingly rejected"? Please. Let's keep the exaggeration to a minimum. He is getting rid of the bulky wasted government that people have been complaining about for the past 50 years.

Can you even tell us what the "massive tax cuts for the very rich" even are other than the rhetoric you hear in the media? Which programs are being given massive cuts?

As a middle class guy that pays what I consider excessive taxes, the tax cuts I have read about I am looking very much forward to.

As low as his approval numbers are, I believe Hillary's would be even lower. The country is in the midst of a very polarized time. We've been at war for entirely too long, there is a giant perceived gap between the extremely rich and everyone else, we've just come off a President that accomplished very little when you actually look at promises made compared to promises kept. Oh, and he gathered more debt than every President before him... combined.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Sun 7 May, 2017 12:40 am
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18268347_1855183934806820_2990037826512702791_n.jpg?oh=4aeb04665645b0fccd8ab8116dceb627&oe=59746AE9
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 7 May, 2017 01:01 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
single-payer

Liberal delusions just never stop.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 7 May, 2017 02:07 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
The multitude of beheadings and the ambitious military plans of Bonaparte are being mirrored in the middle east today, where ISIS is determined to turn the entire world into a muslim caliphate.
Quelle sottise!
0 Replies