monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

revelette1

Sat 6 May, 2017 04:34 pm
@blatham,
I wonder if any of conservative media types will say something about the curse words on the America flag on the dweeb's shirt?
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 6 May, 2017 04:36 pm
@revelette1,
Does it bother you?
revelette1

Sat 6 May, 2017 04:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I noticed it right off, it kind of does bother me.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 6 May, 2017 04:43 pm
@revelette1,
Good for you. It bothers me too.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 6 May, 2017 04:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
There's not much wrong with what Chait writes there. He's quite correct in indicting elements of the left for habits of mind which can be termed "political correctness". The left needs to get it's head straight on this stuff and reminders from people like Chait are both necessary and admirable.

Now, find me an instance of a right wing pundit taking people on his side to task for the same thing.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 6 May, 2017 04:51 pm
@blatham,
You read National Review
blatham

Sat 6 May, 2017 04:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Entirely inadequate response.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 6 May, 2017 05:00 pm
@blatham,
Pardon moi teach
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Sat 6 May, 2017 05:13 pm
@jcboy,
This reminds me...

is there some website (or whatever) that posts transcripts of people talking or ranting on Youtube, etc.? I'm semi-hard of hearing, as a2k friends in the area will attest, and don't read lips. Added to that I use an addled but still working computer. My sound in this tinkertoy mac is marginally less than it was, tad fuzzy. I would have to check a pal's computer to see if that's due to me.

I suppose that would be a hard business to set up, what with copyright et al.
Yes, yes, I know, I can click on the CC thing that reads the above talkers, but it goes too damned fast, and I'm a fast reader.

I'm likely not the only person who would be interested in transcripts. Someone call Bill Gates..

Signed,
Tinitus since studying for my boards in 1986.
giujohn

Sat 6 May, 2017 05:15 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
You still haven't laid out convincing evidence that Trump's administration is functioning competently or that Trump himself isn't the strangest character to ever hold the office.

I think the fact that he seems to be accomplishing more in 3 months than Obammy did in 8 years should be competent enough for anyone except those who seek to destroy him. As for "strange" if you mean not like your regular cookie cutter politico, I for one (as well as millions like me) think that's a good thing.
jcboy

Sat 6 May, 2017 05:43 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Wow, just wow! The logic of this assholes position would require the shutting down of all hospitals and doctor's offices because without them people will be just fine. Republican thy name is imbecile!

GOP congressman: “Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care"

Quote:
Idaho Republican Rep. Raul Labrador sparked outrage from his audience and online after saying "nobody dies" for lack of health care access in a town hall Friday night at Lewis-Clark State College in Lewiston, Idaho.

Labrador made the comments the day after the U.S. House passed a GOP-led health care bill repealing and replacing chunks of Obamacare. Labrador, a member of the conservative House Freedom Caucus, was responding to an audience member who expressed concern about how the bill would affect Medicaid recipients.

"You are mandating people on Medicaid accept dying. You are making a mandate that will kill people," the audience member said, before being drowned out by Labrador's response.
ossobucotemp

Sat 6 May, 2017 06:00 pm
@jcboy,
Spoiled brat X infinity.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sat 6 May, 2017 06:03 pm
Person with out medical insurance having life threatening medical emergency..."Hello, 911...I need an ambulance."

Problem solved for all those dumb asses who think people are gonna die without insurance.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 6 May, 2017 06:06 pm
@giujohn,
True but Labrador said no one will die without access to healthcare. May he misspoke, but what he did say is absurd, and only gives ammo to the left. The Republican plan doesn't deprive anyone of access to healthcare.
giujohn

Sat 6 May, 2017 06:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

True but Labrador said no one will die without access to healthcare. May he misspoke, but what he did say is absurd, and only gives ammo to the left. The Republican plan doesn't deprive anyone of access to healthcare.

Agreed. The law still forbids hospitals from turning people away and there are people who never pay the hospital bills and the bills are charged off and won't even hurt someone's credit.

The lefties scare tactics will backfire...people aren't that stupid too believe that people will die in droves because of a republican health care plan.
Lash

Sat 6 May, 2017 08:49 pm
@giujohn,
Bankruptcy over medical care is ridiculous. I can't believe we still allow the assholes who run this country to ruin lives because of the ******* kickbacks they get from insurance and pharmaceutical companies. They should be dragged out into the streets.
layman

Sat 6 May, 2017 09:20 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

This reminds me...

is there some website (or whatever) that posts transcripts of people talking or ranting on Youtube, etc.?

Jo, I think most youtube videos have an option which prints the text of what's being said on the screen as it goes.
McGentrix

Sat 6 May, 2017 09:47 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

ossobucotemp wrote:

This reminds me...

is there some website (or whatever) that posts transcripts of people talking or ranting on Youtube, etc.?

Jo, I think most youtube videos have an option which prints the text of what's being said on the screen as it goes.

Missed the original above, but pressing space bar will pause youtube videos, allow you to read, space bar again will continue. press and release as needed to read cc.
giujohn

Sat 6 May, 2017 09:53 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Bankruptcy over medical care is ridiculous. I can't believe we still allow the assholes who run this country to ruin lives because of the ******* kickbacks they get from insurance and pharmaceutical companies. They should be dragged out into the streets.

Well I don't know of anyone life that was ruined by bankruptcies any more as it is no longer a stigma.
0 Replies

roger

Sat 6 May, 2017 09:57 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Most of them are close captioned, if that's what you mean. Apparently, the speech recognition software has trouble with people that mumble, too. Their attempts vary from cute to annoying, with nothing helpful in between.

I was not aware that the spacebar would pause them. I wonder if that works on Jo's Mac.