monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
giujohn

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 05:42 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

giujohn wrote:

What the hell Layman...No pix of the topless french femenazis??

Well, actually, John, the little tale of Spacemoose whuppin some cheese-eater's ass was even more better, doncha think?

It was ok but french tit has to be better...Unless they can be slung over the shoulder, ya know?
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
giujohn

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 05:45 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

giujohn wrote:

What the hell Layman...No pix of the topless french femenazis??

♪ And I'm proud to be an American .. ♪

Bullshit...You never were.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 06:09 pm
I just finished reading David Remnick's A Hundred Days of Trump.
Devastating.
Not quite completely: there is work to do, all over the place.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/05/01/a-hundred-days-of-trump
layman

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 06:12 pm
It's already been tried by Obama and the cheese-eaters, and it aint gunna work:

Quote:
French Politicians Make Desperate Call To Block Le Pen Presidency

PARIS — French politicians urged their supporters to stop populist Marine Le Pen from becoming president after the election results posted Sunday.

Outgoing President Francois Hollande has previously made it clear that he will vote for any candidate going up against Le Pen.

“I trust the French people [to vote for someone] who will build upon my actions,” Hollande said in an April 12 interview with weekly magazine Le Point.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/23/french-politicians-make-desperate-call-to-block-le-pen-presidency/

The Frogs don't wanna "build upon your actions," fool. You just guaranteed millions of additional votes for Le Pen.

I guess they aint heard that all the mainstream, traditional parties and polticians have already been thrown out of the race by the voters, eh?
jcboy

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 06:51 pm
So, maybe a government shutdown is looming. I wonder if the Idiot in Chief would dare to fly down to Mar-A-Lago during a shutdown. Stay tuned.

Get the popcorn. Cool
ossobucotemp

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 06:53 pm
@jcboy,
My new word is tin pot.
jcboy

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 06:56 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

My new word is tin pot.

Or tin foil Razz
reasoning logic

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:05 pm
@jcboy,
That is funny. Very Happy Very Happy

Would it be wrong to say establishment Democrats are closet republicans that are ok with abortions and gay people or do you think that they actually care about humanity?
jcboy

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Would it be wrong to say establishment Democrats are closet republicans that are ok with abortions and gay people or do you think that they actually care about humanity?

Compared to whom? Republicans? You'll have to rethink that one Cool
reasoning logic

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:16 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:

Compared to whom? Republicans? You'll have to rethink that one

That is why I am asking you this question. I have been pondering the idea for to long. I am a nobody, just a simpler minded student who studies antisocial personality disorders and I'm aware this is a subjectively viewed spectrum but I am unable to put the two political parties in two different places on that spectrum.
giujohn

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:24 pm
Survey: 1 In 5 Adults In The UK Can’t Change A Lightbulb, Boil An Egg

22Apr

LONDON — Are you handy enough that if a lightbulb went out in your home you’d be able to change it? Believe it or not, one in five people aren’t so skilled. In fact, a new survey of people in the United Kingdom finds not only do about 20 percent of people not know how to change a bulb — the same number aren’t sure how to boil an egg, either.

The British insurance company Aviva recently released their annual Home Report which detailed, among numerous findings about how people do work around the house, relatively common tasks that people encounter. The company surveyed 2004 people across the UK in February and March about their habits and roles at home.

Lightbulbs
A stunning new survey from the United Kingdom found that one in five people did not know how to change a lightbulb or boil an egg.
In addition to just one in five not being able to change a lightbulb or boil an egg, the survey found that nearly a third of the participants couldn’t cook any meal on the fly. And if someone were to spill a portion of their meal on their clothes or on the floor, only 59 percent would know how to get rid of the resulting stain.

Only 37 percent could change a flat tire.

The findings were even surprising to the folks behind the study.

“As a nation we tend to take pride in our ability to do things ourselves in and around the home, so it’s a surprise to see there could be a skills gap in places,” says Aviva Propositions Director Adam Beckett in a press release. “That said, we also know that people lead busy lives, so while we enjoy doing things ourselves, we also appreciate the opportunity to leave things to a professional from time to time, particularly with some of the more challenging jobs.”

Interestingly, while 50 percent of those surveyed said they learned how to do a home task on their by trial and error, plenty of people are turning to the internet for help, especially millennials. The study found four in 10 people aged 25 and under prefer learning do-it-yourself chores online. That’s more than twice the number in the age group who turn to an actual book for help.

Here’s a look at the polled tasks and the number of people who indicated they could successfully complete them:

Task Percentage who feel confident doing this task

Boil an egg 81%
Change a light bulb 79%
Cook a complete meal without using a recipe 69%
Read a map 66%
Sew on a button 65%
Unblock a sink 62%
Remove a stain from a carpet or clothing 59%
Change a baby’s nappy 57%
Wire a plug 57%
‘Bleed’ a radiator 53%
Check oil levels in a car 53%
Put up a shelf 47%
Put up wallpaper 39%
Change a flat tyre 37%
Change a washer on a tap 30%
Fit tiles 22%

So Izzy...Hou many Brits does it take to change a light bulb???
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:27 pm
Israel sticks big toe in Trump's ...pond.

Why haven't I heard until now that Israel bombed Syria? You know those middle eastern guys will stop fighting each other, and go after that cat that jumped over the fence.

Israel should know better. Nothing is a more formidable adversary than your bigot enemies. Sheesh.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-23/israel-strikes-weapons-depot-in-southern-syria-al-jazeera-says
0 Replies

roger

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

False dichotomy, in my opinion. You very well can be "ok" with abortions and gay people while caring about humanity.
thack45

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:37 pm
@roger,
Beat me to it. You'd figure one with a monicker like "reasoning logic" would've realized that
0 Replies

Lash

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:45 pm
Actually guys, his qualification is a bit different from your interpretation.

Are Dems

Republicans who are ok with abortion and gays

or

Do Dems

actually care about humanity?

The group getting the assumptive gut kick is Republicans, not pro-gay and pro-abortion people.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 07:55 pm
@roger,
Quote:
False dichotomy, in my opinion. You very well can be "ok" with abortions and gay people while caring about humanity.

Of course a person can do that but my view is that the majority of establishment republicans and democrats do not. Idea Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

layman

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 08:02 pm
@reasoning logic,
Democrats are frauds who pander to minority and "oppressed" groups, such as women, for the sole purpose of getting votes. If they actually cared about, for example, blacks, the inner cities which have been controlled by Democrats for many decades would not be in such a mess.

These "limousine liberals" care only about power. They don't live in ghettos, so it aint their problem.

Their only concern is enriching themselves and enhancing their power. They actually cater to large lobby groups, not social minorities. They serve corporate, not individual, interests because, well, because that's where the money is.

Notice that I aint sayin the republicans are much different--they're just not hypocritical frauds--they'll tell you exactly what they're up to.
reasoning logic

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 08:04 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Democrats are frauds who pander to minority and "oppressed" groups, such as women, for the sole purpose of getting votes. If they actually cared about, for example, blacks, the inner cities which have been controlled by Democrats for many decades would not be in such a mess.

I do agree.