monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

tony5732

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 03:36 pm
@Frugal1,
A lot of liberals care more about the "who" and the "what party" than three "what they are trying to do". Cicerone is a prime example. Trump the liar is bad, but Hillary is ok
0 Replies

Frugal1

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 03:45 pm
The White House now claims China hacked everyone's computers, not Russia.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzkxZxXUkAATKV9.jpg
georgeob1

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 03:47 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Not only that, but it seems to me the effect is almost beside the point. Do we want another nation to be able to get that kind of information willy nilly? It wasn't only Podesta's, it was the DNC and earlier in the year, Pentagon and other important data information was hacked.

It is really troubling Trump ignores intelligence, he doesn't even think it is important to attend intelligence briefings. I am afraid for our country in the coming years with him at the head.

Most of the stuff released on the DNC and from Hillary's e mails was already old news when it came out. Certainly the issues of collusion between the DNC and Hillary's campaign and the pay-to-play stuff for the Clinton Foundation were already well-know. The Russian?wiki stuff merely provided added detail.

I believe the damage to Hillary & the DNC came from the actions themselves which had been in the press for a long time when the Wiki leaks came out.

Far more extensive possibly Russian/Chinese hacks of various government databases occurred six months ago and were widely reported then. They are indeed a danger that we need to correct or limit, but the argument that this stuff changed the election results in a meaningful way appears ludicrous. The damage was already done, and it seems a bit much for the perpetrators to complain now that they were caught. If there was no pay-to play and if the DNC was impartial and if it was not engaged in under the table dialogue with sympathetic media figures on debate questions, there would have been no harm.
giujohn

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 04:22 pm
@Frugal1,
Frugal1 wrote:

The White House now claims China hacked everyone's computers, not Russia.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzkxZxXUkAATKV9.jpg

Or was it a slip of the tongue...maybe they suspect China did it to implicate Russia.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 04:24 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
They are indeed a danger that we need to correct or limit, but the argument that this stuff changed the election results in a meaningful way appears ludicrous.

I agree totally. We vote as republican, democrat or independent for the candidates running. We learn about the candidates through our media, not Provda.

Hillary created her own problems about trustworthiness. Trump was a fresh air for many voters; a non-politician. I personally believe Trump is a pathological liar, and can't be trusted.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/
Frugal1

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 05:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Well isn't that special, you and Josh share one thing in common.
reasoning logic

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 05:29 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
They are indeed a danger that we need to correct or limit

You think that reality should be limited? Why?
0 Replies

Frugal1

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 05:35 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzkgOREXAAALO4f.jpg:large
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 05:36 pm
@Frugal1,
That's much better than how you perceive our politics. Trump is a pathological liar. He can't even tell the truth about his net worth.
reasoning logic

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 05:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I personally believe Trump is a pathological liar, and can't be trusted.

Don't feel alone but I think Hillary was also seen in this same way by progressives, independents and republicans in the majority of states and they were not going to vote for someone who is suppose to be against this behavior therefore they voted for the lesser of two evils so to speak. She may have gotten the popular vote because of hypnosis or preaching by the main steam media but many people where it mattered were not voting for her.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 05:42 pm
A very prudent move
Quote:
Scientists are frantically copying U.S. climate data, fearing it might vanish under Trump
link
tony5732

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 05:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, politicians are liars. Trump is now a politician. Trump does not tell the truth all of the time, neither does Hillary. Politics = Lying to hide undesirable traits. You need to get over the pathological liar thing. Or at least point it out equally amongst the deserving.
blatham

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 05:50 pm
@tony5732,
Quote:
You need to get over the pathological liar thing. Or at least point it out equally amongst the deserving.

How do you differentiate liars? Or do you not? All humans lie (lots of research on this) but do you then automatically conclude that we all lie equally? What would be a proper measure of such differences?

Edit: let me put this problem to you. Would a judge who has been overseeing criminal cases for decades hold that he/she has no means of determining whether some of the people he is hearing lie more or less than others before him?
Frugal1

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 05:53 pm
@blatham,
They want to preserve falsified data before Hillary, I mean Trump deletes it?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 06:04 pm
@tony5732,
The OP is about Trump.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 06:19 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

A very prudent move
[quote/]

More power to them, but I strongly believe it is unnecessary. However some of the very agressive "hockey stick" projection folks should worry. They were found several years ago to have significantly falsified historical data, deleting data that didn't fit their models as "noise" or otherwise defective - without any confirming evidence. They may wish to save that from confirming review by others. (These are the same folks who "discovered" a couple of years ago that they forgot to include the fact that CO2 absorbing green plants and trees grow much faster with even small increases in CO2 in their long term projections, thus increasing future absorption - - a very large error.)

The sky is not falling in .... really.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 06:19 pm
The Times has a timeline on how Russian hackers moved to influence the presidential election.
Quote:
“There shouldn’t be any doubt in anybody’s mind,” Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency and commander of United States Cyber Command said at a postelection conference. “This was not something that was done casually, this was not something that was done by chance, this was not a target that was selected purely arbitrarily,” he said. “This was a conscious effort by a nation-state to attempt to achieve a specific effect.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/13/us/politics/russia-hack-election-dnc.html
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 06:23 pm
Do you see a problem here?

0 Replies

old europe

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 07:09 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
old europe wrote:
I appreciate your analysis that the Select Committee on Benghazi did not so much investigate what precisely happened in September 2012 in Libya, and was rather focused on destroying Secretary Clinton as a viable candidate for the 2016 election.

I suppose from that point of view, you have to argue that it was time and money well spent.

Paragraph #1 No.
Paragraph #2 Yes

The Congress did investigate Secretary Clinton't performance while in authority - as it is their duty to do.

I know it may not matter all that much to you, particularly in a post-truth climate.

But the United States House Select Committee on Events Surrounding the 2012 Terrorist Attack in Benghazi was created on May 8, 2014.

Secretary Clinton had left office in January 2013.
0 Replies

tony5732

Tue 13 Dec, 2016 07:25 pm
@blatham,
I personally think the judge has no means for determining a lie from a not lie until facts and evidence come to play. Such is the case with Hillary and Trump. Both lied. Hillary lied about her betrayal of the American people as a political servant, Trump lied about his net worth, etc. Both got discovered , neither lie is better or worse.