Mon 10 Apr, 2017 02:29 pm
@georgeob1,
"Hapless Hamlet"

I like that. Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 02:32 pm
@Olivier5,
http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/10/25/1439007/-The-true-story-Democratic-presidents-shrink-government-Republican-presidents-grow-it
0 Replies

layman

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 02:45 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
D'oh! I should have went to the next page..

Naw, the question is worth repeating, eh, Gent? By Finn, too.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 02:54 pm
The strike on Syria:

Sent a message to the world's bad actors. Some sophisticates here scoff at this but then sophisticates have no real understanding of raw power being largely well above the fray of daily life. The last time someone threatened to punch their lights out, they cried and scuttled under a table.

Countered the "Trump as Putin's puppet" meme. (Although many of the said sophisticates have now moved into a "wheels within wheels" conspiracy theory mode.)

Probably made Trump feel good about avenging little babies.

The strike on Syria did not:

Begin WWIII

Begin a war with Russia

Begin a war with Syria

Serve as a recruiting factor for Islamists.

The ball is now in the court of Russia and Syria. The former, surely, doesn't want war with the US. The latter might be insane enough to ask for more; in which case it will get more and worse, but it won't be a full blown war.

The strike was brilliant.

If you don't want to give Trump credit for it, give it to Mattis and the Joint Chiefs.

BTW - Anyone who points to this strike the next time some murderous Islamist opens fire on a crowd of innocents or plows a truck into a busy city street is an utter and absolute idiot.

Lash

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 03:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
We are engaged in proxy WWIII. It's not happy news, but it is accurate.
Finn dAbuzz

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 03:45 pm
@Lash,
Nonsense - pure and simple

You've no idea of what a "World War" means.

To help you out, look at the past two and now tell me your fictional WWIII bears any resemblance.

blatham

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 04:26 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Yup. Hickenlooper is a good guy.
blatham

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 04:34 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Try and be consistent for a change, will you?

Note that I did not specify one party as uniquely guilty or guilt-free in my post. This is a structural problem that arises from the power that attends wealth and both parties have guilt (though one more than the other).
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 04:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
GOP has lost the popular vote because of the demographics of large urban welfare centers. That wasn't too tough.
Some demographics are less equal, less worthy of being counted as citizens? And I guess your formula also has it that these demographic facts did not come into being until 7 elections ago?
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 04:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I was mistaken.
No problem. Easy enough to misunderstand a post now and again.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 04:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
This reveals how pointless it is to discuss these things with you. I'm sure you won't mind that I'll be taking a pass from now on.
There are empirical ways to measure these things. But your choice is fine with me.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 04:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't see how you can tell what the administration is thinking in regards to any (if any) future moves against Assad/Syria. You got Halley and McMaster saying Assad has got to go, Tillerson says it was a one-off, Trump says "we'll see" regarding any future moves.

Meanwhile, AP reports: Official: Russia knew in advance of Syrian chemical attack
blatham

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 04:43 pm
Another family-values Republican goes down humping someone not his wife.
Quote:
Bentley’s resignation comes after the House Judiciary Committee on Friday released a 131-page special investigator's report alongside hundreds of pages of exhibits documenting the lurid details of his alleged relationship with Mason. The governor’s ex-wife, Dianne, provided much of the evidence.
TPM
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 04:49 pm
I know we are all terribly surprised by this
Quote:
A federal court in Texas Monday found that the state's voter ID law was passed in 2011 with the intent to discriminate against minority voters. The ruling comes after the law was repeatedly found to have the effect of discriminating against minority voters, but it has been sent back to the district court by the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to assess the intent claims with a higher legal standard.
TPM
0 Replies

layman

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 05:20 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Clearly they were posing the question: What the **** are ya gunna do about it, Trump?

They got the answer, right quick.
layman

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 05:25 pm
@layman,
Russia is playin with fire, and they know it. If they keep propping up Assad and defending his (their) crimes again humanity, every civilized country in the world will turn against them.
0 Replies

revelette1

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 05:25 pm
@layman,
Well, since clearly, you know, what do you think Trump will do with the information regarding Russia's advance knowledge of Assad's use of chemical weapons? I mean, Russia knew yet they didn't let Trump know and they just let it happen? What message is Trump going to send Putin?
McGentrix

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 05:31 pm
@Olivier5,
Dude, have you ever heard the words "smaller government?" Trump has said that he has no intention on filling every open position.

link
0 Replies

layman

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 05:35 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

What message is Trump going to send Putin?

The message done been sent. That airbase was shared by Russian planes, too.
Lash

Mon 10 Apr, 2017 05:46 pm
@layman,
It is still operational.