monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 11:35 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I don't think that anyone has raised the issue of morality here at all.

You should know better, George. Blabby, among other cheese-eaters here, can't make two straight posts without tryna give some phony-ass, sanctimonious lecture about "morality," eh?
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 11:57 am
@hightor,
It appears I may have misunderstood your post.
cicerone imposter

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:01 pm
@georgeob1,
Then, we had Vietnam and agent orange.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:06 pm
@blatham,
I agree with Waldman although I never thought I would ever write those words.

Some may or may not know that I have for years expressed the position that Rules of War are obscene because they work to make war more acceptable.

Chemical weapons are only more heinous than conventional weapons because their use suggests that the carefully laid out Rules may not hold. (Of course there is also the fact that they may be easier to deploy in a civilian center than conventional weapons).

If any bad actor is allowed to get away with the use of chemical weapons, it inevitably opens the door for others.

I'm sure Trump was moved by the photos he saw. The man is not a monster despite the hyperbolic idiocy of some of his critics, but the primary reasons for the US strike do not include avenging slain babies.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:07 pm
@Lash,
Better pull that tinfoil hat down tighter, the Frankenstein Radio Airwaves will be coming for you soon.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:12 pm
@blatham,
The Russian, obviously, hoped to influence our election just as we, undoubtedly, try and influence elections around the world. Obama did it openly and with tax dollars as respects Israel.

Why they may have preferred Trump over Clinton can be explained in many ways other than "They have him on their strings."

Millions of Americans considered his election a disaster for America and so might have the Russians. It can easily be that simple, but Trump haters insist on a more convoluted, diabolical reason.
cicerone imposter

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Above all else, Trump is a racial bigot, liar and con.
Most of his supporters are the uneducated whites.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:17 pm
@Lash,
Skepticism is wise, believing the most improbable is not
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
True, but so what?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
OMG - Conspiracy theories trumping facts!
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Above all else, Trump is a racial bigot, liar and con.
Most of his supporters are the uneducated whites.

Clearly you believe all that to be true , as is your right. However your opinions and absolute truth are different things, as are mine and the opinions of everyone else here. The truth I you can't possibly know the absolute truth here and your repeated unqualified assertions on these matters raise questions about your own standards for truth.

Are you a bigoted racist too?
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:24 pm
@blatham,
You are a late comer to the critics of the Rules of War, and you know it.
cicerone imposter

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:24 pm
@georgeob1,
Trump's bigotry is well known. This is only one article of many showing his bigotry.
https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5824ed01e4b034e38990bfeb/amp

Trump's lies.
https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58ac7a0fe4b02a1e7dac3ca6/amp

Trump's cons.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/2016/10/28/donald-trump-business-busts-victims-511034.html%3Famp%3D1

I'm beginning to think you're a bigot, because of your support for a known bigot.
Finn dAbuzz

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:25 pm
@Lash,
No one can be certain?

What's come over you?

Do you think these horrific pictures were staged?
Walter Hinteler

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:31 pm
@layman,
http://i.imgur.com/j3i0YHy.jpg
Source: Institute for the Study of War, pdf-report

A lot of Christian Syrians and Christian Syrian refugees settle in the region where I live, because the Patriarchate Vicariate of Germany of the Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch is in one of their monasteries in a neighbouring town. (In that monastery is a Syrian-Catholic priest as well - these two churches are in pastoral agreement.)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/29/opinion/donald-trumps-bigotry.amp.html
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:45 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Quote:
I don't think that anyone has raised the issue of morality here at all.

You should know better, George. Blabby, among other cheese-eaters here, can't make two straight posts without tryna give some phony-ass, sanctimonious lecture about "morality," eh?

Very Happy Well that's true. But there isn't all that much to do up there in Canada, and immorality in any form or disguise is a refreshing diversion. I often suspect that's why so many more of them interest themselves in our affairs than the reverse.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
This question was put to Ed Milliband on The Last Leg, the answer is that the effects of these weapons are so horrible it puts them in a category all of their own, but had allied soldiers not suffered from them during WW1 they probably wouldn't be banned.
glitterbag

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 01:08 pm
@izzythepush,
I wonder how many of the great military strategists posting here even know there was a WWI, called 'The Great War' because the World was so sure there could never another.
izzythepush

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 01:09 pm
@glitterbag,
Probably the same amount who think a nuclear war can actually be won.
0 Replies