Sat 8 Apr, 2017 07:39 am
@blatham,
They did? I haven't read that yet.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 07:44 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
To quote Brian Williams about the missles...
"BEAUTIFUL".

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/C80H3YxWAAAHP9r.jpg
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/C80H4VyXcAULdTT.jpg
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/C80H46nXUAUbLLL.jpg
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/C80H5uXWAAAnH15.jpg
layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 08:00 am
@oralloy,
If I had to take some kinda wild-ass guess, I would say they aint gunna be packin them planes with no more poison sarin gas, eh?
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 08:01 am
As I said, competition for stupidest pundit statement is really tough. Here's another nominee
Quote:
S.E. Cupp‏Verified account
@secupp
There are serious questions to ask about what's next. But for now, @realDonaldTrump has reawakened America's dormant moral conscience.

We can all sense that new dawn of a moral awakening, can't we? The fresh American conscience is now such that Syrian babies and children will only be permitted to be blown apart by morally-acceptable ordinance - and they will be blown apart because the new moral conscience now awakened wants those Syrian beautiful babies and toddlers and kids TO STAY RIGHT WHERE THEY ARE AND NEVER EVER BE ALLOWED TO IMMIGRATE TO THE U.S.

The highest level of moral consciousness understands that all moral obligations are met through symbolic missile strikes on an airfield. This is moral righteousness correctly defined.
layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 08:08 am
@blatham,
Quote:
NEVER EVER BE ALLOWED TO IMMIGRATE TO THE U.S.
They don't need that. Millions upon millions of them have been invited to go to Canada, eh?

I hear the hosers are heading into Syria tomorrow with thousands of cargo planes to evacuate them all, ya know?

I wouldn't object to that if it wasn't for the fact that now we're gunna have to spend a lot of cash buildin a wall on our northern border too.
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 08:08 am
@blatham,
Even aside from the horrible chemical effect, those children looked well undernourished, it is a terrible situation and I agree, if we agree with the reason for striking against Syria after the chemical attack, we should agree to let refugees in who have been suffering all this time in war torn Syria.
layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 08:23 am
@blatham,
Quote:
The highest level of moral consciousness understands that all moral obligations are met through symbolic missile strikes on an airfield. This is moral righteousness correctly defined.

Do your part to help out, eh, Blabby? Send 20 or 30 of them pre-paid plane tickets with directions to your crib so they can move in with you.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 08:24 am
@revelette1,
Moral obligations are rarely satisfied by a Kabuki theater performance.
layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 08:28 am
@blatham,
I got your "moral obligation" right here, eh, Blabby?
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 08:48 am
Quote:
Reuters Top News‏Verified account
@Reuters
JUST IN: Syrian warplanes take off from air base hit by U.S., carry out strikes in Homs countryside - Syrian observatory for human rights
layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 08:52 am
@blatham,
Time to head in with a daisy-cutter (known as an MOAB, these days, I think) and drop it on that airport.

And every other military airport in the country.

And Assad's hang-out.

If they're still fightin after that, just nuke the whole damn joint, eh?

Which is what it's probably gunna take. You aint never, NEVER, I SAY, gunna keep one muslim from wantin to bust a cap in the ass of some other muslim.
revelette1

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 09:11 am
@layman,
You are the most illogical poster on this site. What good would it do to indiscriminately (much less nuke Rolling Eyes )kill innocent Syrians over a chemical attack against innocent civilians? I agree with going to Assad's airports and other military targets, but not hitting innocent Syrians. They have had enough killing and inhumane chemical attacks.
layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 09:13 am
@revelette1,
I just want to end all the suffering, once and for all, caincha see?

It's what you would do with a dog. And some would argue that muslims are better than dogs.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 09:18 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I don't know if anyone else has kept up with the story on the government demanding to know the identity of a Twitter account.

It's good news.

Quote:
The US government has dropped its request for the identity of an anti-Trump Twitter account, just a day after Twitter went to court over the issue.

@ALT_USCIS anonymously criticised President Trump’s immigration policy, and claimed to be run by employees at the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

US government officials issued a summons for identifying information.

But Twitter said that demand had been withdrawn after it filed a lawsuit.

The @ALT_USCIS account's followers also ballooned from 38,000 to 158,000 during the lawsuit's single-day lifespan.

The original summons from the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agency demanded "all records regarding the twitter account @ALT_USCIS to include, user names, account login, phone numbers, mailing addresses, and IP (computer) addresses".

But the law cited by the agency - which is part of the Department of Homeland Security - is typically used to obtain records about imported goods.

The summons also demanded the information by 13 March 2017 - a day before the request was even sent to Twitter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39535929<br />

Trump's starting to learn that bully boy tactics don't work when you can no longer fire people.
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 09:33 am
@revelette1,
Make sure he's actually responsible for what you claim he did.

Anybody can throw out grotesque pictures. Reminds me of anti-abortion activists and their horrifying pictures, except they know the identities of the people who murdered those babies.

In the case of dead Syrian children, no one can yet be certain.

Btw, should the US be held to the same standard for the children we've killed? If Assad had somehow managed to bomb us for the deaths of innocent Syrians Obama or the Bush administration, you'd understand that, right?

georgeob1

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 10:04 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

I didn't know Lash has a drinking problem (makes sense tho)..who cares about such stuff??? Ask rash, she said hightor was the new guy. I remember him from NewYorkTimes Abuzz. Don't remember Lash....but really that's of no consequence....she probably didn't notice me either.

By the way Georgeob, I got a call from Helen a few weeks ago, she asked about you.

I have no interest in (usually childish) personal disputes here, whether catfights or among the boys. I don't claim to be above it myself, but I learned long ago that carrying grudges is a useless burden that penalizes most those who carry them. I often don't agree with either Lash or highor on politics, but usually find what they post interesting, and, every now and then enlightening. I try to focus on things I enjoy, and ideas I believe to be important, and let the rest flow by. Tolerance is a virtue too often missing here. I find your posts interesting too, though I wish you would get the damn chip off your shoulder and let go of all that irritability.

Thanks for the relay of Helen's greetings. I found her to be a very smart, energetic and creative person. If you will, PM me with her info and I'll contact her.

I was an Abuzzer myself, and often fail to note just how long I and others around me have been doing this too. I probably tend too much to live in the present moment.
cicerone imposter

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 10:12 am
@georgeob1,
All the positives of a2k and abuzz out weigh any negative. I'm here for the long term.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 10:55 am
Why is it more moral to bomb these same kids with conventional bombs? Why is a chemical weapon less moral than American cluster bombs with radiation pellets?
layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 11:18 am
@edgarblythe,
Why do the lives of muslims in the middle east seem to draw more concern from cheese-eaters than those of black children in lawless U.S. "sanctuary cities," who are killed most every day by stray bullets from crazed gangstaz with the complicity of cheese-eating mayors?

Peggy is a good example of a person who aint no damn cheese-eater, ya know?

America First, Baby!
0 Replies

georgeob1

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 11:23 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Why is it more moral to bomb these same kids with conventional bombs? Why is a chemical weapon less moral than American cluster bombs with radiation pellets?

I don't think that anyone has raised the issue of morality here at all. The international treaties limiting the use of gas weapons arose out of the experience of WWI, where the indiscriminate nature of these weapons and their rather horrific, lasting crippling effects became evident. Research continued and by the end of WWII far more lethal and mobile gas weapons had been created including Sarin. Treaties prohibiting their use and mutual deterrence has so far ended their use. That didn't end human conflict, but I believe it was a good outcome in itself. It is a question of Treaty law and the right (indeed obligation ) of signatories to enforce the treaty that is the question here, not morality.

Cluster bombs are containers of small explosive munitions that are released in a controlled manner over a fairly wide area. They don't contain "radiation pellets" at all.