monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

giujohn

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 02:53 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

PreTrump presidents all made plenty of mistakes over there. Trump by compounding them with his bluster will ensure that the region destabilizes still further, ensuring increased terrorist activities around the globe.

I marvel at these ridiculous statements about how what we do or don't do will affect the volume of terrorist activity.

What idiot would believe if we just left them alone they wouldn't try to kill us anymore?

You don't appease fanatical murderers...You eradicate them.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 03:04 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

So many of the people outraged by Syria and applauding Trump's strike are the same ones that hate and have no empathy for Muslims.

You mean the Muslims who behead and burn alive in cages innocent people for show? Or the ones that don't denounce them?
0 Replies

giujohn

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 03:07 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

His oking the missile strike is easily explained. He is shooting for a second term.

A second term??? Holy crap...Who woulda thought? Thank you Captain Obvious.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 03:13 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Trump just made it be known that he had no plans to follow up the missile strike. In other words, it's a one time thing.

So everyone can stop worrying about how the missile strike fits into Trump's policies toward Syria. He doesn't have any policies, he's playing it by ear.

You people still don't get it. You don't second guess Trump cuz you'll be wrong every time. He's never gonna tell you what he has planned. If necessary hell mis lead you. Wanna figure him out to a small degree? Read his book. It's all about the DEAL...ALWAYS
0 Replies

giujohn

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 03:18 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

OK, I might not be the sharpest pencil in the box, (YUP)

so Im appealing whatever your better nature might be and will ask: please explain to me the proper chronological order (which year comes first, then second, and third) Please help me here, did 2004 come before or after 2003 and 2002? See, In my limited experience, you have the year 2000 AD, then 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and so on. (Did I present that with enough clarity for you to assist?).Let me try this another way, I'm pretty sure 1982 is before 2017 because one of my kids was born in 82 and now I'm worried that I might not really know how old he is. I've been under the impression he is 35, but I could be wrong.

Bottom line is that I've been here since 2002, hightor has been here since 2003 and you finally arrived in 2004, so which one of us is the newest? Be a sport grandma, help a sister out.

What a harpy...And don't you feel stupid now???
giujohn

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 03:24 am
@layman,
To quote Brian Williams about the missles...
"BEAUTIFUL".
izzythepush

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 03:30 am
@Lash,
The alternative would be admitting you were wrong, and that's something you can't do.

Like I said you're incredibly simplistic, which is why you retreat into schoolmarm clichés.

I'm not wasting any more time on you, your wilful ignorance is bloody depressing.
giujohn

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 03:52 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The alternative would be admitting you were wrong, and that's something you can't do.

Like I said you're incredibly simplistic, which is why you retreat into schoolmarm clichés.

I'm not wasting any more time on you, your wilful ignorance is bloody depressing.

In the scheme of things Lash has more class in one finger than you have in your whole body. Now don't get me wrong...You have some class as well. You just spell it with a "K".
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 04:20 am
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/DRJH44/forcing-italy-to-surrender-ww2-propaganda-DRJH44.jpg
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:39 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

OK, I might not be the sharpest pencil in the box, (YUP)

so Im appealing whatever your better nature might be and will ask: please explain to me the proper chronological order (which year comes first, then second, and third) Please help me here, did 2004 come before or after 2003 and 2002? See, In my limited experience, you have the year 2000 AD, then 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and so on. (Did I present that with enough clarity for you to assist?).Let me try this another way, I'm pretty sure 1982 is before 2017 because one of my kids was born in 82 and now I'm worried that I might not really know how old he is. I've been under the impression he is 35, but I could be wrong.

Bottom line is that I've been here since 2002, hightor has been here since 2003 and you finally arrived in 2004, so which one of us is the newest? Be a sport grandma, help a sister out.

What a harpy...And don't you feel stupid now???
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:49 am
Has anyone found a poll since the strike?
Lash

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:55 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/07/military-strikes-in-syria-were-very-unpopular-four-years-ago-but-trumps-could-be-different/

Could go either way. The almost identical scenario in 2013 was unpopular. I don't know why I think this will net a positive for Trump.

hightor

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:55 am
@Lash,
No, but I hear the Susan Rice is very happy.
Lash

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 05:59 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

No, but I hear the Susan Rice is very happy.

Saved! Haha.
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 06:16 am
@Lash,
Quote:
The almost identical scenario in 2013 was unpopular.

https://i.redd.it/eqjc9e26a4qy.png
Quote:
I don't know why I think this will net a positive for Trump.

The idea that he's acting like a conventional US president — bombing people in the Mideast — will be very comforting to many. It also shifts the collective gaze away from the increasingly embarrassing coverage of a fractious White House. But whether he gets a boost in the short term is inconsequential. Public opinion polls, like the Dow Jones average, can move up and down without really reflecting the real underlying conditions. Since this was as much a personal response as a strategic move it's difficult to know how it might affect Trump's future behavior. He might garner more support for sharing his concern over the "beautiful babies" than he would making a serious speech about the direction of his foreign policy with respect to Putin and Assad.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 06:45 am
Check out this conversation/interview between Bush buddies Alex Jones and Roger Stone. Though the final line I have bolded is quite different than everything else, it deserves attention because it is spoken by Stone of all people.
Quote:
ROGER STONE: What we’re hearing from the Democrats both in the House and Senate is red-baiting --

ALEX JONES: That’s on Drudge.

STONE: -- fear-mongering -- It is well beyond the point of recklessness, whether it is [Rep.] Adam Schiff [D-CA] who has maligned me or whether it is Senator Mark Warner [D-VA] or whether it is Senator John McCain [R-AZ]. But let me tell you something, Alex, these guys are pussies. They talk a tough game. “We’re going to get Roger Stone in front of the committee.” Gentlemen, ladies, I am ready, I am more than ready --

JONES: In fact, let me say this right now. Let me tell -- I’m not against gay people. OK. I love them, they’re great folks. But Schiff looks like the archetypal ********** with those little deer-in-the-headlight eyes and all his stuff. And there’s something about this fairy, hopping around, bossing everybody around, trying to intimidate people like me and you, I want to tell Congressman Schiff and all the rest of them, “Hey listen asshole, quit saying Roger and I” -- and I’ve never used cussing in 22 years but the gloves are off -- “listen you son of a bitch, what the ****’s your problem? You want to sit here and say that I’m a goddamn, ******* Russian. You get in my face with that I’ll beat your goddamn ass, you son of a bitch. You piece of ****. You ******* goddamn ******. Listen fuckhead, you have ******* crossed a line. Get that through your goddamn ******* head. Stop pushing your ****. You’re the people that have fucked this country over and gangraped the **** out of it and lost an election. So stop shooting your mouth off claiming I’m the enemy. You got that you goddamn son of a bitch? Fill your hand.” I’m sorry, but I’m done. You start calling me a foreign agent, those are ******* fighting words. Excuse me.

STONE: Yeah, I don’t think I have ever been in a campaign in which we disparage the patriotism of our opponents.
Media Matters
As I said, these are Trump's buddies.
0 Replies

blatham

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 06:51 am
Lots of competition for the award but I think this is in the running for stupidest pundit statement ever
Quote:
.@FareedZakaria on Syria strikes: "I think Donald Trump became President of the United States" last night
0 Replies

revelette1

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 07:31 am
I don't know if anyone else has kept up with the story on the government demanding to know the identity of a Twitter account. I mean, surely, we in the US haven't sunk so low on privacy and free speech just for being a government critic?

The government is demanding to know who this Trump critic is. Twitter is suing to keep it a secret. / WP

revelette1

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 07:37 am
@Lash,
I agree, but it is hardly important. I mean the chemical attack was a terrible act and needed to be addressed. Assad can't just keep thinking he can do these horrendous acts with no consequences.

http://images.indianexpress.com/2017/04/syria_child_2.jpg
blatham

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 07:38 am
@revelette1,
Yup. But after suit filed by ACLU (and another entity), administration dropped the action. But you're right to point to another instance of the authoritarian impulse with these people.