monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

glitterbag

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 09:55 pm
@Lash,
OK, I might not be the sharpest pencil in the box, so Im appealing to whatever your better nature might be and will ask: please explain to me the proper chronological order (which year comes first, then second, and third) Please help me here, did 2004 come before or after 2003 and 2002? See, In my limited experience, you have the year 2000 AD, then 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and so on. (Did I present that with enough clarity for you to assist?).Let me try this another way, I'm pretty sure 1982 is before 2017 because one of my kids was born in 82 and now I'm worried that I might not really know how old he is. I've been under the impression he is 35, but I could be wrong.

Bottom line is that I've been here since 2002, hightor has been here since 2003 and you finally arrived in 2004, so which one of us is the newest? Be a sport grandma, help a sister out.

Blickers

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 10:18 pm
Trump just made it be known that he had no plans to follow up the missile strike. In other words, it's a one time thing.

So everyone can stop worrying about how the missile strike fits into Trump's policies toward Syria. He doesn't have any policies, he's playing it by ear.
georgeob1

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 10:22 pm
@glitterbag,
??????????
roger

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 10:27 pm
@georgeob1,
It's easy. Lash was first here as Lash Goth, then Sophia. Sophia later became plain Lash. Probably resulting from login problems.
georgeob1

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 10:31 pm
@roger,
Thanks, but who gives a damn about such stuff ???
Lash

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 10:34 pm
Somebody's been too long at the bottle again...
0 Replies

layman

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 10:42 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Why the runways weren't targeted is another question.
I heard (although I don't really know if it's right) that it was not worth wasting a Tomahawk (cost: $1.3 million) on bombing the runway, because they're not the type of weapon that would do much to "crater" it.
glitterbag

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 10:51 pm
@georgeob1,
I didn't know Lash has a drinking problem (makes sense tho)..who cares about such stuff??? Ask rash, she said hightor was the new guy. I remember him from NewYorkTimes Abuzz. Don't remember Lash....but really that's of no consequence....she probably didn't notice me either.

By the way Georgeob, I got a call from Helen a few weeks ago, she asked about you.
glitterbag

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 10:53 pm
@glitterbag,
Shoot, autocorrect misspelled Lash. Didn't notice, correcting it here. Bottoms up Lash.
0 Replies

roger

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 10:59 pm
@georgeob1,
I thought I was responding to your series of question marks.

Wrong again.
glitterbag

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 11:12 pm
@roger,
I found her as Lash Goth, I don't remember that character at all but the "Lash Goth" name arrived after I joined. The first post I found by her was a comment about Blatham....it was just a phrase 'then Blatham farted'.

Georgeob and Lash can't possibly think I can compete with such lofty (or is that clever, witty, sharp or profoundly intellectual) conversations. Really folks, we all have limitations and I choose to sit back and watch the master witticisms fly back and forth between, between......well ok, just hats off to Lash, Lash Goth and georgeob.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 11:13 pm
@roger,
Roger, I apologise, my last post was supposed to be to the forum not to you personally.
edgarblythe

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 11:28 pm
@georgeob1,
So he put a flaming bag of dootie on Assad's doorstep, with a note, "Let that be a lesson to you."
0 Replies

roger

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 11:37 pm
@glitterbag,
I wouldn't have been offended if it were.
glitterbag

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 11:41 pm
@roger,
Roger, you have always been a gracious man.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 11:43 pm
@layman,
Cool!

Quote:
The main advantage of these missiles is their range; some classes of the weapon can travel up to 1,350 nautical miles (1,550 miles, or 2,500 kilometers), according to the U.S. Navy. Tomahawk missiles are about 18 feet (5.6 meters) long, and can carry up to a 1,000-lb. (450 kilograms) warhead or a group of 166 tiny "bomblets," which are essentially like grenades.

The accurate navigation allows the missiles to fly low to the ground, meaning they can fly closer to other objects and often evade radar detection by foreign military. They are also capable of taking a nonlinear route to a target, which makes them well-suited for evading dangerous areas en route to a target, according to the U.S. Navy. Their ability to take a nonlinear route also means multiple missiles can be launched from different locations and all land at the target at the same time, Karako said.

The missiles can also be programmed to loiter in an area without dropping a bomb. In yesterday's attack, all 59 missiles reached the target within 1 second of one another, Harmer said.

http://www.livescience.com/58603-how-tomahawk-missiles-work.html

That must have been one hellacious second, especially when hitting 10-15 fuel storage areas at the same time.
layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:01 am
@layman,
These Tomahawks fly less than 100 feet off the ground at 550 mph. Can you imagine being out loitering around when one flew over your head?

It brings to mind the famous last words of the Mayor of Hiroshima in 1945:

"What the **** was THAT!!?"
layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:15 am
Fatboy is next, and we aint playin with his fat ass, eh? We talkin nukes, here:

Quote:
Military strike on North Korea may be only option, Gen. Keane says

Three past presidents have sought political, economic and diplomatic steps to get North Korea to denuclearize but failed miserably,” Keane said. “All three tried to leverage China but also failed.”

Keane said what is particularly dangerous is Kim Jong-Un’s rhetoric that he intends to use these weapons against the United States.

“We’re rapidly and dangerously heading towards the reality that the military option is the only one left when it comes to getting North Korea to denuclearize and not weaponized [intercontinental ballistic missiles]," said retired four-star Gen. Jack Keane.

“We cannot rely on our missile-defense system to defeat it and expose the American people to a nuclear attack. Therefore if an ICBM attack was imminent the president would have to conduct a preemptive strike.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/05/military-strike-on-north-korea-may-be-only-option-gen-keane-says.html

Guys with the nuke launching commands are never more than 100 feet away from Trump, wherever he is--sleeping, grabbing pussy at the local bar, whatever. I hear-tell that they already have all but the last digit of the launch code prepunched in for Korea.
0 Replies

layman

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 12:58 am
A few days ago, Trump was saying that we were going to refrain from getting involved in Syria.

Apparently this emboldened Assad to haul out some of the chemical weapons that he didn't have (if you listened to Rice and Kerry).

Trump then showed that he is not predictable or committed to any policy which aint workin. He quickly and decisively took a 180 degree turn and blasted Assad's sorry as, Russia be damned.

Korea, China, Iran, whoever, can no longer assume that they can, or have, figure(d) out what Trump will do next. He aint bluffin

That should help a lot in negotiations designed to bring some of these rogue countries, and their enabling patrons, under control, eh?
0 Replies

giujohn

Sat 8 Apr, 2017 02:45 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

That's interesting. Twitter is zooming back and forth on this.

Since the bombings were announced in advance (people were posting about them about two hours in advance Rolling Eyes ) and equipment was moved out of the way of damage , people aren't all believing that the attack was all that. Fairly obvious 45 needs a war. Will anyone give it to him? Will it be another American invasion?

We can only hope. And this time we should stay... Permanently.
0 Replies