monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

hightor

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 04:24 pm
@ehBeth,
I think for a guy like Trump this is the big kielbasa. Substantial support in both houses of Congress for the first time.
0 Replies

blatham

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 04:24 pm
I love and respect family-values Republicans. They are the best people.
Quote:
Brad Heath‏Verified account
@bradheath
Among many other things, House impeachment report says Alabama Gov. Bentley ordered police to break up with his mistress for him. Twice.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 04:32 pm
@Lash,
Assad. He's still there, he's not going anywhere. If anything he got a bit too hubristic.

Stop kidding yourself you 'get' something the rest of us don't. You see things in very simple terms, IS are bad therefore anyone fighting them must be good. That's why you started your thread about Obama doing the right thing when he backed off Assad. Now you can't admit you're wrong, which is why you're the only person outside of Russia and Assad's inner circle who actually believes this bullshit.
layman

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 04:35 pm
@hightor,
It's like this here, eh?

cicerone imposter

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 04:36 pm
@layman,
layman, That's a MOVIE.
layman

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 04:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That is a true story.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 04:38 pm
@izzythepush,
The one thing in my favor --and your Achilles' heel-- is I am not under the illusion that I know what's going on in Syria. I just refuse to buy popular narratives without question.

There are too many scenarios, too many shady alliances, to act like I know it all.

But that never stops you.

Question everything. Trust nothing.
izzythepush

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 04:41 pm
@Lash,
You don't know what's happening in Syria which, but that doesn't stop you being opinionated and it's why you unthinkingly buy Assad's propaganda. Btw, not being pig ignorant isn't an Achilles' heel
Lash

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 04:44 pm
@izzythepush,
No one knows. Everybody has an opinion.

Trumpian narcissism is your Achilles' heel.
layman

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 04:45 pm
@Lash,
The problem with Dizzy it that, well, it's that he's Dizzy, eh?
layman

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 04:48 pm
@layman,
The po boy must mainline limburger cheese 24/7, I figure.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 04:52 pm
@hightor,
You're new here... LOL. Sorry to see you smack face with our famous penis-measuring.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 04:59 pm
@Lash,
Verbosity aside, your level of ignorance on matters outside of your own back yard is shocking.

I've never claimed to know everything, just more than you, but that's not exactly difficult, anyone following the news knows considerably more than you. Your opinion on Syria is based on wishful thinking and pig ignorance and is therefore meaningless.
Lash

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 05:14 pm
@izzythepush,
So ridiculous. Do you actually think I prefer that my country is the bad guy?

Run along then.
layman

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 05:14 pm
Quote:
During an appearance at the eighth annual Women in the World Summit in New York City, Clinton said her team and supporters have been spending time "trying to piece it all together" — referring to why she lost to President Trump.

"Certainly misogyny played a role," Clinton noted. "That just has to be admitted."

Clinton also took aim at Russia for its interference in the election.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/hillary-clinton-blames-comey-and-wikileaks-as-determinative-factors-behind-her-2016-loss/article/2619597

Well, there ya have it, then, eh? Evil Russian misogynists done it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 05:37 pm
So many of the people outraged by Syria and applauding Trump's strike are the same ones that hate and have no empathy for Muslims.
izzythepush

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 06:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
I've not exactly applauded Trump's actions, but if it makes Assad think twice about using chemical weapons in future it can only be good.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 07:00 pm
Online conversation I am following:

Not one airstrip shut down from 59 missiles. I sense a diversionary staged attack, which I predicted....

Great minds think alike, Edward. This morning it was announced that every one of those missiles hit its target. Obviously not the runway. I have asked a pilot friend of mine the question about how much damage was done to that air base. (He is a Gump supporter, sadly, but he and I engage in good debates). I greatly anticipate his answer. How can 59 out of 59 missiles miss the runway? I hear the fuel tanks and radar were probably knocked out.

JUST HEARD WHY AIRSTRIP NOT DAMAGED. These missiles can't create big craters in the runway. Need another type of missile to do that. SO they knew that they would do little damage to the runways before the missiles were fired.

No shock here. Did you ever see the movie "Wag the Dog"?
georgeob1

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 09:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
The most likely answer here is they weren't targeting the runways in the first place. The Tomahawk missies are quite accurate. This deduction is also consistent with statements released by the Defense Department last night.

Why the runways weren't targeted is another question. There are several possible explanations; (1) We have plans for other later uses of these runways. (2) We were confident that we had destroyed critical aircraft and support infrastructure without which Syrian air ops would be impossible ( i.e. fuel facilities).
RABEL222

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 09:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
His oking the missile strike is easily explained. He is shooting for a second term.