monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

giujohn

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
I recognize the sarcasm...I'm making an additional point.
giujohn

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

What has balls and pussy have anything to do with this topic?

Because if Obama wasn't such a pussy we wouldn't have had four more instances where assad gassed his people.
0 Replies

giujohn

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:31 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Now that Trump is an out and out murderer, could we throw him in the slammer? Please?

Yeah...Why don't you organize that. What a moronic viewpoint.
layman

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:35 pm
@giujohn,
Trump is an "out and out murderer" for these cheese-eaters while Assad is just a beleaguered benevolent leader struggling to establish order and peace for their muslim homeys.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:40 pm
I take the drivel and dreck from giujohn and laymen as compliments.
oralloy

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
giujohn wrote:
oralloy wrote:
I like the Libya model, where we topple the bad guy and then just pull out.

No. No more vacuums. Total occupation. And if the Russians want a fight for their bases I sat give it to them. Personally I think they dint have the stomach for it. And as for an all out nuclear exchange...Won't happen...Putin's not that stupid.

#Sigh! Even I know he was posting sarcasm. #goodgrief He wasn't being literal there.

Who, me?

No sarcasm. All literal. I couldn't stand having Kadaffy taunt us after having gotten away with the Lockerbie Pan Am 103 bombing. I'm happy he's dead, and I'm happy with the way he died. I give Hillary credit for the way she danced on his grave. I count our intervention in Libya as a success story.

Perhaps a bit of non-literalness when I call for dragging liberals down to Guantanamo, although my frustration with liberalism is real enough. How anyone could support the bad guys I'll never know.
oralloy

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:46 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
I recognize the sarcasm...I'm making an additional point.

No sarcasm. I like the idea of toppling bad guys without sticking around to do "nation building" afterwards.

Imagine if we'd put a bullet in Saddam's head the same day we captured him and then brought all our troops home from Iraq before Xmas 2003.
cicerone imposter

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:51 pm
@Sturgis,
oralloy and guijohn can't seem to see the forest for the trees. Trump's approval rating by the majority of Americans is in the dumps in historic terms.
Nothing like living in an alternative reality.

He now struck at Syria without congressional approval. That was illegal.
Sturgis

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:51 pm
@oralloy,
Not particularly feasible, given the number of troops in Iraq on December 13 of that year.
oralloy

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:54 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
I disagree. What triggered the 2010-2011 Arab revolts is the release of thousands of US diplomatic cables by wikileaks, I was told by Tunisian officials. It was then that they realized the obscene wealth of their tyrant. The rule of an honest strong man is bearable, that of a corrupt pig isn't.

Without Iraq, we wouldn't have had Chelsea Manning passing on all those classified documents to Wikileaks.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:55 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
Not particularly feasible, given the number of troops in Iraq on December 13 of that year.

Well, we could have begun the pullout and been well on our way.
georgeob1

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:56 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Now that Trump is an out and out murderer, could we throw him in the slammer? Please?

Do you consider the many killings ( both intended and unintended) involved in Obama's many drone assassinations to have been murder as well ? If so it's odd that you didn't complain about them.

Do you also consider Assad to be a murderer? What action would you recommend toward a political leader who used nerve gas on unarmed civilians under his leadership? Perhaps we should "unleash" the International Criminal Court.
cicerone imposter

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:58 pm
@georgeob1,
George, It's not up to Trump to unilaterally strike against another country when it was not for self defense. He did not get authority from the UN or congress.
layman

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:59 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Imagine if we'd put a bullet in Saddam's head the same day we captured him and then brought all our troops home from Iraq before Xmas 2003.

That was the original plan. If you recall, Bush said he would not invade if Saddam voluntarily relinquished power and left the country by such and such date.

But then Dubya got swept up in more ambitious plans--which might have made sense if he was actually in there to steal the oil, but the fool wasn't.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 12:59 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
oralloy and guijohn can't seem to see the forest for the trees. Trump's approval rating by the majority of Americans is in the dumps in historic terms.

No big deal. Lincoln and FDR were hated by their opponents too.

cicerone imposter wrote:
He now struck at Syria without congressional approval. That was illegal.

You can not be serious.

You are seriously going to attack Trump for acting against a genocidal monster that just used nerve gas on children?!?
Olivier5

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:01 pm
@giujohn,
There was no sarcasm is oraloy's post. He does prefer the Lydia model.
cicerone imposter

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:01 pm
@oralloy,
The US is not the moral police of this world.
Sturgis

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:03 pm
@georgeob1,
Actually georgeob1, I did complain about the drone killings under Obama. Further, in my view , yes, Assad is a heinous murderer.

As far as solutions, this is much more difficult; however, in the case of Trump, it was clearly done for the purpose (in a typical demented way) to boost his approval ratings; which, is all he truly gives a hang about.
oralloy

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:04 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
There was no sarcasm is oraloy's post. He does prefer the Lydia model.

Yes.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 7 Apr, 2017 01:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
George, It's not up to Trump to unilaterally strike against another country when it was not for self defense. He did not get authority from the UN or congress.

You say this without the tiniest bit if irony, seeing as how Obama was bombing 7 different countries. How many of those had approval from the UN and Congress?