monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 12:25 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Let's get rid of all the emigrants who came to America since the 16th century. That will make some room for the native.

Sure, you say that now, after you went bankrupt conducting nepolianic wars and had to sell all your booty stolen from indians to Jefferson, eh? Sour grapes.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 12:26 am
@layman,
No. Besides that: which nationalities do you call "Krauts"?
layman

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 12:30 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

No. Besides that: which nationalities do you call "Krauts"?

There aint but one, Walt. Take a wild-ass stab at who it might be, eh?
Olivier5

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 12:31 am
@layman,
I'm just reminding you that your ancestors emigrated to the US.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 12:37 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
There aint but one, Walt
So Israelis, Czechs, Polish, Ukrainian are Krauts as well. Interesting.
layman

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 01:58 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Yeah, Ollie, and some of my ancestors were apes, and ameoba, I'm told. That don't mean I gotta be just like them.

Ya know, in the USA means of transportation have maximum capacity limits. They don't have that in Japan. On the commuter trains there, there are no seats, just standing room, and they have several fat-ass sumo wrestlers standin at the doors. When it seems like there's just no more room for anyone else to get on board, those sumos start pushing on the crowd inside and mashing them closer together.

Then they let some more passengers on and start mashing again. And then again. And, when they're finally packed in like sardines, they mash some more, and then let some more passengers on. Tell me, would you rather be the first, on the last, guy on that train?

The point?

There comes a time when a train dont need, and can't reasonably take on, more passengers. The USA understands that. Some overcrowded cultures don't.
layman

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 02:29 am
I read about an interesting experiment involving rats once. They set up a "rat paradise" in a big-ass cage, replete with all kinda rat chow, comfy sleepin quarters for all, big-ass play areas, no predators, just all the rat bells and whistles, ya know?

Things went just great in rat paradise for a spell. But then trouble set in--over-crowding. They didn't have much to do all day except lay around and ****, and soon they were over-running themselves.

Rat homicides and gang fights began to break out. Rape, pan-sexualism, infanticide, cannibalism, and other bad **** became epidemic. Before too long it was rat hell, not rat paradise anymore.

Catch my drift?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 02:40 am
ISIS Officially Taunts Trump, Ending a Conspicuous Silence
Quote:
More than two months after Mr. Trump was sworn in as president, the Islamic State’s spokesman on Tuesday released the group’s first official statement on him, in an audio recording calling him an “idiot” and deriding his attacks on Muslims, among other claims.

Even then, Mr. Trump was only indirectly insulted rather than called out by name.
Olivier5

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 02:40 am
@layman,
Quote:
There comes a time when a train dont need, and can't reasonably take on, more passengers.

Yeah, especially if most passengers are fat.
Builder

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 02:58 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Even then, Mr. Trump was only indirectly insulted rather than called out by name.

Very succinct, Walter.

Never, in the history of the MSM, has one been given so much shite, in so short a time-frame, to ensure that we know he's not part of their agenda.

IS is a mercenary branch of the deep state (Israel, Saudi, US/UK) and so is Al Qaeda. It's no secret.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 03:22 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Mr. Trump had not been mentioned in any of the group’s official media — all frequent venues for criticism or taunting of former President Barack Obama and other world leaders....on Tuesday released the group’s first official statement on him, in an audio recording calling him an “idiot” and deriding his attacks on Muslims, among other claims.

By contrast, Mr. Obama was frequently named in Islamic State publications and statements.

They knew they could freely taunt and mock Obama, because he was a candyass, incapable of effectively retaliating. They didn't have a shred of respect for him.

They also know that Trump can, and by God will, **** them UP. They're not about to give him even more incentive to obliterate their sorry ass.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 06:54 am
@layman,
If our current investigation services are not up to the task (and I think we can agree that they are woefully behind and understaffed) of vetting foreign nationals from countries with organized governments that generally know who their whackos are, how are they going to vet people coming from the countries that Trump wants a temporary, 90 day ban?

I know, they can have a breather for those people vetting currently to get together and have some meetings about what works and what doesn't. Instead, liberal judges decide that can't possibly happen! Maybe make that judge work at TSA for a couple days.

But, to the point, TSA has not caught any terrorists. Customs has not caught any terrorists.

Now, if this discussion was about what the government could do once a suspect was apprehended for a crime, or deeply suspected of planning to commit a crime and the investigators need a quick warrant to search social media and contacts and such, THEN I would have absolutely no problem with it.

Say abdullah is on facebook talking about his plan to put banana peels on the stairs of a subway and the NSA monitoring Facebook see that and they decide it is worth further investigation, then yes. I could see where Abdullah's contact and social media accounts could prove to have some worth in investigating.

But Hans and Gretel coming over from the EU wanting to take a tour of New England should absolutely not need to worry about some jack-booted thug demanding to know their passwords, contact info and social media account passwords.

That is just far too much over reach.
McGentrix

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 06:57 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

I think you get in trouble for implying this kind of thing.
layman

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 07:44 am
@McGentrix,
Response moderated under rule 7, which specifies that "slurs or epithets on the basis of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation etc are not allowed." See more info.
layman

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 07:51 am
@layman,
In other good news, aliens caught attempting to cross our southern border illegally was the lowest in 17 years last month. Word is out that Trump means business.
http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/89ae8247abe8493fae24405546e9a1aa/Article_2017-04-04-US--Border-Arrests%20Down/id-b998e799b4c34959999c1f2f74340d34

Families aint gunna truck 1000's of miles on foot from El Salvador, paying huge sums to coyotes as they go, just to be turned away at the border. With Obama, all they had to do was approach a border guard and say they were "refugees," and in they came--straight to full time welfare benefits at a cost to taxpayers of $18,000 each per year. The more MS-13 gangs tats they had on their face, the more they were able to say that MS-13 members were out to kill them for disobeying illegal orders and then be immediately taken in on those grounds.

The gravy train don't run through here no more.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 08:31 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
There comes a time when a train dont need, and can't reasonably take on, more passengers.

Yeah, especially if most passengers are fat.
Ya talkin bout sumo rasslin, eh, Ollie, aka "survival of the fattest?"
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 08:40 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

layman wrote:
There aint but one, Walt

Nah !. We have different epithets for each group - and many others as well. The "Krauts" were just those sauerkraut- eating, sausage-making Germans from the Midwest, interestingly our largest European ethnic group. If you can believe it, there were also a few epithets for the Irish . I don't recall any of them now, but I do remember the nuns telling us in grade school that there are two kinds of people in the world; Irish Catholics and poor desperate Anglo Saxon Protestants who desperately wished they were like us. Later I learned that wasn't the case, but by then I didn't give a damn and I still don't.
layman

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 08:44 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
If you can believe it, there were also a few epithets for the Irish . I don't recall any of them now...

"Mick," if ya wanna be nice, maybe, George.

Of course there's always "stupid-ass drunken red-headed bastard," too...

But I always kinda favor "pug" which is a word describing a bad boxer who fights a lot, but never wins and just ends up with a bashed-up face and brain damage.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 09:29 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

layman wrote:
There aint but one, Walt

Nah !.
I'd thought the same, but layman claimed that "Krauts" were the victims in the Berlin-attack.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 09:32 am
Did somebody sprinkle stupid pills in the a2k drinking water? I bet I know who did.