monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 09:19 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Can you suggest another creepy old guy who smokes crack to advise your cohorts????

Sure, how about Bill Cosby? He smokes crack like a chimney, eh? He too was set up by bitches, so there ya go.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 09:22 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

(only women call others honey chile)

I can see ya aint never been to Mississippi, eh?

Figures, sho nuff. Only Yankees think that they know everything about everybody, everywhere.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 09:28 pm
@blatham,
Well, I'd be against that for anyone.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4656400/want-passwords

But, it is just something that is be looked at and not something that is being done or going to be done.

Of course I find your slant on this to be foul and unrealistic.
layman

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 09:38 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Anyone? Anywhere? Anytime, Gent?

Do you think every one who gets a notion, for whatever reason, that they want to go to America, should just be let in, no questions asked?
McGentrix

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 09:56 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Anyone? Anywhere? Anytime, Gent?

Do you think every one who gets a notion, for whatever reason, that they want to go to America, should just be let in, no questions asked?

disagreeing with asking for passwords to social media and contacts is not the same as suggesting they "should just be let in, no questions asked". It's not and all or none thing.
layman

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 09:58 pm
@McGentrix,
Of course it aint, Gent. But I asked a series of questions there, and you only addressed one. You said you didn't agree with that for ANYONE, and that was what I was mainly asking you about.

This idea, from the sounds of it, if implemented, would not automatically apply to EVERY visa applicant, but it would be a permissible option.
layman

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 10:06 pm
@McGentrix,
If someone comes knocking on my door, and says they want to come in to talk to me, claiming that they're with the FBI, the IRS, or any other outfit, I will ask for their ID. And then I might call the agency in question to see if it's legit. And then I still might not let them in.

If they don't want me to ask those questions, then they can avoid it very simply--don't come knocking on my door.
layman

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 10:16 pm
@layman,
See, I kinda start with the premise that I am free to admit anyone to my home (or not) on any conditions I choose.

I might say: Yeah, you can come in if you give me $10, for example. If they don't want to, that's cool, they can hit the road.

Others seem to start with the premise that if they come knocking on my door they have a RIGHT to come in, on whatever terms THEY choose.

Homey don't play dat.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 11:02 pm
@layman,
I think it is a step too far and a slippery slope towards more unnecessary government intrusion. I think it's bad enough there is an unknown terrorist watch list.

It's an arbitrary process that needs to be straightened out. There is no way that if a terrorist were to come into this country they wouldn't just have a nice facebook page with links to Jesuscamp or some ****. That is what makes it retarded and useless.

This is just another way for government to intrude. What next? Need to show ID to buy milk? Pay cash? That's suspicious, show us your papers... If you give the govt an inch, they'll take a furlong.
giujohn

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 11:22 pm
Susie better be looking for a good criminal defense lawyer. Can you say conspiracy?
0 Replies

roger

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 11:24 pm
@McGentrix,
Nice that we can still have things to agree upon.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 11:36 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
This is just another way for government to intrude. What next?

"Intrude," Gent? On foreigners? I don't get it.

Quote:
It's an arbitrary process that needs to be straightened out

Easy to "straighten out" any "arbitrariness," I figure. Just cut off all immigration, like Trump started out doing. Everyone is treated with complete equality and impartiality that way. NO ONE gets in from Iran, Syria, etc.

We have a right to be "arbitrary" with foreign nationals wanting to bust into our country.

On the other hand, they have no right whatsoever to come here, just because they would like to.
layman

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 11:52 pm
@layman,
Personally, I would have no problem with making people who owe their allegiance to a foreign country wear ankle bracelets disclosing their location at all times while they are in our country. If they don't want to be watched, then don't come. Pretty simple, actually.

Needless to say, I would not condone that with respect to U.S. citizens.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 11:54 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
We have a right to be "arbitrary" with foreign nationals wanting to bust into our country.

On the other hand, they have no right whatsoever to come here, just because they would like to.I kind of agree
I kind of agree.
I mean, the USA already already knows before I enter the USA what meals I take, how I use my credit card, etc etc. (some dozen detailed infos)
The know more during the interview at the border. So it's totally okay that the get familiar with my telephone contacts and learn all about my posts on the internet.
Walter Hinteler

Tue 4 Apr, 2017 11:58 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Personally, I would have no problem with making people who owe their allegiance to a foreign country wear ankle bracelets disclosing their location at all times while they are in our country. If they don't want to be watched, then don't come. Pretty simple, actually.
Everyone coming to the USA should work - depending on how long she/he wants to it - between one week and a couple of months at the border walls. That would give authorities enough time to check even the smallest details. And would make America even greater, of course.
0 Replies

layman

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 12:00 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Bein a wise guy, are ya, there, Walt?

Just one more reason that if I were Trump, I would add Germans to the list of banned immigrants.

Hell, anyone with a "German passport" is likely to be some damn syrian anyway.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 12:01 am
@layman,
layman wrote:
Just one more reasons that if I were Trump, I would add Germans to the list of banned immigrants.
Re his paternal grandparents: excluding Bavarians?
layman

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 12:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That was then. This is now.
layman

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 12:18 am
@layman,
Remind me, eh, Walt? Didn't that wack-ass muslim who used a stolen truck (after murdering the driver) to run over a bunch of Krauts back around Christmas time have ID's and passports, in different names, from places all over Europe, including Germany?
Olivier5

Wed 5 Apr, 2017 12:20 am
@layman,
Let's get rid of all the emigrants who came to America since the 16th century. That will make some room for the native.