monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

gungasnake

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:02 am
https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=grassley+investigation+british+intelligence&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:02 am
@Blickers,
Trump is already enjoying some of the lowest approval ratings. I think it's going downhill from here.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:09 am
Dear President Trump: What the hell is wrong with you?

I sure hope this doesn't screw up Trump's plans to ally with the Dems and pass his original plan to provide us all with real health insurance.

Freedom Kooks undermine the GOP
cicerone imposter

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:12 am
@hightor,
His "real health insurance" is a gift to the rich.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:22 am
To me at least, it's just galling to see Donald Trump and Steve Bannon wanting to establish decent relations with Russia only to have all of the shit4brains types trying to demonize them for it.

Particularly during the eight dark years of the Obunga regime, I've been waiting a long time to see any politician with the power to do anything about it say the first word about protecting Christians and Christianity in this world. Prior to Donald Trump's inauguration, Vladimir Putin had been the only taker on that one. Russia has been a Christian nation for 1029 years.

Russia has been dealing with Muslims since the early Middle Ages; there is no nation I would rather have as an ally against any sort of a scheme to turn the world into a second caliphate.

Russia's literature and music exceed ours in something like the measure by which our economy exceeds theirs. Some might view that as a reason for wanting to have decent relations with them.

On several occasions, Russia has been called upon to save Europe from some form of genuinely bad and/or stupid ****, doing most of the heavy lifting involved in winning World War II. Russia absorbed most of the blow of the invasion by the Golden horde, saved us from a world in which Sweden was a major power (Poltava), and stopped Napoleon Bonaparte, and they may ultimately be called upon to save Europe from total Islamization and Sharia law.

Together with the governments of China and India, Russian leaders have recently been attempting to reestablish what once was called the American System of Economics on an international scale. That's what BRICS and that new Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank are about. In other words, they want off of the merry-go-round of arms races and the global rule of banks and military industries.

Again, Donald Trump wants decent relations with these people and, in my opinion, anybody who has a problem with that is an asshole.
cicerone imposter

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:22 am
@gungasnake,
CLUE: Russia is the enemy.
Quote:
Regrettably, the prospects for a successful negotiation with Putin over the “unsatisfactory condition of Russian-American relations” are near zero for the following reasons: The Putin regime requires confrontation with the US for its very survival, while Trump must deliver “beautiful deals” that “make American great again.” If Trump were to sign a deal which does not yield real enforceable concessions by Putin on Crimea, east Ukraine, or the Middle East, Trump’s deal-making image would be shattered along with his presidency.

Although Trump admires Putin, Putin is a killer of anyone who dares to speak against him. Yes, Putin is a powerful leader; no one dares question his leadership if they value their life.

I think Trump's presidency is already shattered.

Gallup: approval 35%, disapproval 59%.
gungasnake

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
Response moderated: Personal attack. See more info.
gungasnake

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:39 am
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/28/fbi-scrutinized-by-congress-over-probe-into-alleged-russia-trump-link.html

Quote:

Two leading House and Senate committees are examining the FBI’s handling of its investigation into Russia’s possible links to Trump campaign associates and the country’s alleged interference with the 2016 presidential election.

The Senate Judiciary Committee, headed by Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, is investigating whether the FBI wrongly included political opposition research from Trump’s opponents in its probe, and then paid the author of that controversial report, a former British spy, to work for the FBI on its investigation. The committee’s probe began March 6 with the letter Grassley sent the FBI and was furthered Monday with requests for information from the company that did the opposition research.

“When political opposition research becomes the basis for law enforcement or intelligence efforts, it raises substantial questions about the independence of law enforcement and intelligence from politics,” Grassley said Monday.....
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:42 am
@cicerone imposter,

The question I guess, is why can't the prisoners control themselves? It sounds like the prison guards are dealing with a zoo and not a prison.
gungasnake

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:44 am
http://www.larouchepub.com/pr/2017/170306_grassley_investigate.html

Quote:

Grassley Launches Investigation of FBI Collusion with British Intelligence Against U.S. Government

March 6, 2017 (EIRNS)—Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, today launched an investigation into the FBI’s collusion with British intelligence to bring down the government of the United States.

The Hill reports today that Grassley sent a letter to FBI Director James Comey asked for records pertaining to any agreements the agency may have had with Christopher Steele, the MI6 agent who authored the scurrilous dossier full of wild fabrications against Trump ties to Russia, which was then leaked to the press, despite the fact that Obama’s intelligence community admitted that the charges were unsubstantiated.

"In late February," The Hill writes,

"The Washington Post reported that the FBI reached an agreement with Steele whereby the British spy would continue his investigation on behalf of the bureau."

"The idea that the FBI and associates of the Clinton campaign would pay Mr. Steele to investigate the Republican nominee for President in the run-up to the election raises further questions about the FBI’s independence from politics, as well as the Obama administration’s use of law enforcement and intelligence agencies for political ends,"

Grassley wrote.

"It is additionally troubling that the FBI reportedly agreed to such an arrangement given that, in January of 2017, then-Director Clapper issued a statement stating that ‘the [intelligence community] has not made any judgment that the information in this document is reliable, and we did not rely upon it in any way for our conclusions.’"

Grassley asks for all records regarding Steele’s investigation, details of the agreement between the FBI and Steele, the FBI’s policies for using outside investigators, and whether the bureau has relied on any of the information Steele has provided in seeking warrants, The Hill reports.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:50 am
@Builder,
So Iran took something that was bad and replaced it with something that was worse?
Lash

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:51 am
@hightor,

Hillary hired thousands to lie about Bernie online. Hiring liars is all the rage these days.
gungasnake

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:53 am
@Baldimo,
Response moderated: Included personal attack (name calling towards individual other member). See more info.
0 Replies

djjd62

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:53 am
We're playing a fun little game on another thread, you quote the first line of a novel and then you replace the second line with the sentence, "And then the murders began".

It works well with news stories.

Former U.S. national security adviser Michael Flynn is in discussions with the House and Senate intelligence committees on receiving immunity from "unfair prosecution" in exchange for agreeing to be questioned as part of probes into possible contacts between President Donald Trump's presidential campaign and Russia, his attorney says.

And then the murders began.

Twisted Evil
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:56 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
So Iran took something that was bad and replaced it with something that was worse?

So much worse that many (including me) have a problem understanding it at times. My normal assumption would be that the vast majority of Iranian people would support any sort of a secret police outfit which had kept them from the clutches of their present masters for 20 or 30 years.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:58 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Griffiths AFB ! I diverted there once in an A-4 ( low on fuel) . I was met by armed MPs in a blue truck when I got out of the cockpit. I don't know what the hell they were looking for, but they finally decided it really was a Navy aircraft and we were on the same damn side. They hung around for a few minutes 'till the fuel truck arrived and gave me a fill, and then I climbed back in and left. Naval Air Stations were more friendly.

However I can understand their rougher treatment of geologists. No one likes them!

Griffiss AFB... That's where my dad retired from USAF after 26 years... You know, Central NY...
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 11:58 am
@Blickers,
Quote:
but then Russia has always been our enemy. So it shouldn't surprise us when they act like one.

When Romney made this claim during the 2012 Presidential Debates, and Obama told him the 80's wanted their foreign policy back. You can't even admit that Obama's and Clinton's "Russian Reset" was a failure. We can pretty much blame this whole Russian mess on Obama/Clinton, their foreign policy failed.
hightor

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 12:01 pm
@Lash,
That's bullshit. Clinton didn't "hire" anyone to lie about Sanders. A lot of old line establishment Dems, in the DNC and in various state committees, who'd already decided it was "Clinton's turn" were genuinely alarmed when Sanders entered the race and started doing so well. It might be difficult for you to accept, but some people actually felt that way.
Quote:
Hiring liars is all the rage these days.

More like lying on online forums is all the rage these days.
hightor

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 12:11 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
We can pretty much blame this whole Russian mess on Obama/Clinton, their foreign policy failed.

Well, yeah, if you want to oversimplify everything. If you want something a bit more reality-based you might look at the ten eastern European countries which were made members during the Bush II regime — including, most importantly for Russia, the three Baltic states. Jeanne Kirkpatrick would be quick to note your "blame America first" mentality, as if the dictator Putin and his policies had nothing to do with the deterioration of bilateral relations.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 12:16 pm

seen on facebook:

Quote:
Just watched some of the US Senate hearings on “Russiagate.” What an embarrassment for such a distinguished body. The fear mongering, use of fake news, paranoia, and flight from reality demonstrates the political establishment and its useful idiots in the MSM are simply unhinged. To top it all off, RT is mentioned repeatedly. I say to the US Senate and the liberal lamestream media this: either RT is an omnipotent media hegemon (which it isn’t) or an insignificant fringe nuance (which it isn’t) – both narratives can’t be true at the same time. What struck me the most was this: the American political establishment and its crude media pets have no ability when it comes to self-examination. The American political establishment and its crude media have hollowed out what was left of America’s democracy. No foreign power has the means to do that – the diminishing of the American Republic is home grown. Both need to gaze into a mirror and see the ugly reflection.