monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

gungasnake

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 04:41 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHqlUrdEGwU

0 Replies

hightor

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 04:48 am
Russia hired 1,000 people to create anti-Clinton 'fake news' in key US states during election
gungasnake

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 04:54 am
@hightor,
The real news about HDK has always been worse than anything Russians could manufacture. I mean, Russian imaginations are good but not that good....
0 Replies

revelette1

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 06:11 am
Quote:

Devin Nunes and the Tragedy of the Russia Inquiry

Last week, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Representative Devin Nunes, announced dozens of intelligence reports that inappropriately included details on President Donald Trump's transition. This week, he told me that his source for that information was an intelligence official, not a White House staffer.

It turns out, he misled me. The New York Times reported Thursday that Nunes had two sources, and both worked for the White House. This distinction is important because it raises questions about the independence of the congressional investigation Nunes is leading, which may lead to officials at the White House.

Nunes is leading a double investigation of sorts. His committee is probing ties between the Trump campaign and Russia's influence operation against the 2016 election. It's also looking into whether Barack Obama's White House inappropriately spied on Trump's transition.

The chairman told me Thursday that elements of the Times story were inaccurate. But he acknowledged: "I did use the White House to help to confirm what I already knew from other sources." This is a body blow for Nunes, who presented his findings last week as if they were surprising to the White House. He briefed Trump, after holding a press conference on Capitol Hill. And as he was leaving the White House, he made sure to address the press again.

But this was a show. The sources named by the Times work for the president. They are political appointees. It strains credulity to think that Trump would need Nunes to tell him about intelligence reports discovered by people who work in the White House.

Another U.S. official familiar with the affair told me that one of the sources named in the article, former Defense Intelligence officer Ezra Cohen-Watnick, did not play a role in getting information to Nunes. This official said Cohen-Watnick had come upon the reports while working on a review of recent Justice Department rules that made it easier for intelligence officials to share the identities of U.S. persons swept up in surveillance. He turned them over to White House lawyers.

The fact that a serious investigation is being undermined by Nunes's ever-changing story is a tragedy.

The rest at the source Bloomberg

I am curious of who was the target of the surveillance and the subject matter and why someone on the Trump transition team was talking to someone who was being surveilled.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 06:46 am
Late to a previous conversation, but, since ww2, there has never been a time when the military did not issue shotguns. Military Police have had them as standard issue and they've been used for breaching doors since god knows when.

Combat shotgun
RFreeWorld

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 07:21 am
@hightor,
Quote:
Russia hired 1,000 people to create anti-Clinton 'fake news' in key US states during election

When is Donald Trump going to be brought to justice?
thack45

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 08:06 am
Seriously, what is wrong with this guy?

http://i.imgur.com/e65bCD1.jpg
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 08:14 am
@RFreeWorld,
Quote:

Not before he's indicted.
cicerone imposter

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 09:23 am
@McGentrix,
I was in the USAF for four years, and don't remember ever seeing shotguns.
cicerone imposter

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 09:27 am
@hightor,
Looks like the army and coast guard uses shot guns.
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 09:39 am
@cicerone imposter,
the APes at SAC bases all carried H&K auto CAWs a 30 shot automatic 12 gage that fired tungsten carbide balls (until they quit making the guns, although they still make the WC) . The shotguns were racked in their red and white Chevy blazers with a 30 cal machine gun mount where the "skylight" would have been.

We were put on the ground face down once at G****** AFB in NY state. The Apes never got the memo that my guys were surveying for a gizmo for safety "flooding" of a nuke storage bunker which would load bombs onto the 52's by a railroad trck. We were kept on the ground till our whole story checked out nd then we were treated with great respect after that. Thwy bought us some beers lter and we laughed about how bqd NY SOIL tasted.
georgeob1

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 09:47 am
@farmerman,
Griffiths AFB ! I diverted there once in an A-4 ( low on fuel) . I was met by armed MPs in a blue truck when I got out of the cockpit. I don't know what the hell they were looking for, but they finally decided it really was a Navy aircraft and we were on the same damn side. They hung around for a few minutes 'till the fuel truck arrived and gave me a fill, and then I climbed back in and left. Naval Air Stations were more friendly.

However I can understand their rougher treatment of geologists. No one likes them!
Blickers

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 09:49 am
@RFreeWorld,
Quote RF Free World:
Quote:

At this rate, at breathtaking speed. I'm old enough to remember Watergate. The Watergate scandals would have a spurt of news stories about a court decision, then lie fallow for several months, then another spate of news stories about another development, then it would go away again, and so on for nearly two years.

Trumpgate is like Watergate on meth. Every day it's another revelation, then another, then another. Trump is so corrupt, and the people in his campaign so intertwined with Russian treachery, that the hard part is keeping up with the revelations. Pretty soon even the Republicans are going to realize that Trump is a criminal with little to no loyalty to the United States at all.
gungasnake

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 09:55 am
https://70news.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/john-podesta-asking-for-immunity-from-doj-and-fbi/
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 09:57 am
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3536281/posts
farmerman

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 09:59 am
@gungasnake,
Yeh, **** Lithunia and Estonia nd maybe we should give Alaska back to Vladimir "Friendly Bear" Putee Poot
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 10:00 am
@farmerman,
I was in SAC and worked with nukes. The Air Force experience was a good one for me. They confirmed to me that I wasn't the dumbest grunt in the Air Force, and earned E4 in 15 months. That was the motivation for me to go to college after I got my discharge.
While stationed at Walker AFB in New Mexico, my last base, I found mistakes in the tech manuals. The commander of the base, General Kingsbery awarded me with "6 Month Airman" of the base.
I also designed the "37th Aviation Depot Squadron" patch. I'll try to add the link with the patch.

Found it: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1950s-usaf-37-aviation-depot-squadron-418963297
georgeob1

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 10:19 am
@gungasnake,

I don't understand your fascination with Russia, or the supposed benefits of an alliance with them. In the first place the Russian economy is not in good shape: it's smaller in GDP terms than those of California and most of the major EU states, and heavily dependent on the export of metals and fossil fuels, and the import of most consumer goods. They have a lot of good military technology infrastructure left over from the Soviet era, but it isn't economically sustainable in the long term. Putin rather clearly sees himself as a reincarnation of Nicolas I (1825 -55) and is interested mainly in restoring the former empire and central authority. That makes him a rather permanent enemy of all his neighbors (as the Armenians and Ukrainians have already discovered). In short, while Russia (and any other country) may well be a useful partner on episodic areas of mutual interest, Russia is a liability as a long term ally, as long as the Putin regime (or something like it) holds there.

The current furor appears to be a result of Democrat embarrassment over the hacking of the DNC web site and the confirmation of its complicity in distorting both the Democrat Primary and the final election. Your hopes for an alliance ( and Trump's, if he actually entertains them) are a serious delusion.
Fil Albuquerque

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 10:42 am
@georgeob1,
And this is why they are dangerous to EU. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain down the road. IF EU falls apart NATO bulshit won't keep them at bay forever. They might as well make a preemptive nuke strike in Germany and France with the promise they won't attack the US. A self-centred economically weakened America might very well take the deal. It might seem a sci-fi movie now but give it some time. The more fracked up the overpopulated planet becomes the more likely this scenario will be. EU cannot afford to time travel while the world gets more shity every day.
Blickers

Fri 31 Mar, 2017 10:55 am
@georgeob1,
Quote georgeob1:
Quote:
The current furor appears to be a result of Democrat embarrassment over the hacking of the DNC web site and the confirmation of its complicity in distorting both the Democrat Primary and the final election.

You had a nice post until you hit this part, george. Russia hacking into the Democratic National Committee in an effort to swing the election to someone who seems set to remove Eastern Europe's protection against Russian invasion is bad enough, but then Russia has always been our enemy. So it shouldn't surprise us when they act like one.

However, complicity on the part of the Trump campaign and allies is another story altogether. Trump's campaign and even Administration is full of people who are plainly Putin supporters mixed in with people who are fresh off the Kremlin payroll, directly or indirectly. Breibart editor Bannon had articles about prominent conservatives opposing Trump's nomination with titles like "Jew opposes Trump", right in line with the Kremlin's tactic of claiming a "New World Order" is taking over, with "NWO" being synonymous with Jews. Manafort has been working for Russian fronts for many years, and might still be doing it, or all we know. Trump's Commerce Secretary was part of the top management of a Cyprus bank which acted as a conduit for Russian money laundering. Rex Tillerson went around the sanctions the US put on dealing with Russia after they took over the Crimea. Tillerson even went in front of the Russian legislative body and performed for them, saying how little he thinks of the US sanctions and how he has no intention to comply, to the obvious smiles of the Russian elite present. And so on.

Give it time, george. Sooner or later it's going to sink in that Trump is essentially working for Putin, has put Putin's toadies in position of power and that you hate Trump's guts for it. You're not there yet, but I sense just that little bit of light dawning with you.