monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

layman

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 06:14 pm
Apparently Blabby likes to show up at Spacemoose lectures to pontificate. This little episode in entitled "Tales of the Hackneyed Demagogue."

https://www.hackcanada.com/canadian/zines/spacemoose/demagogue.gif
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 06:23 pm
Was this Trumps inauguration?

0 Replies

blatham

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 06:24 pm
From Philip Klein, managing editor at the conservative Washington Examiner
Quote:
...One has to admire the commitment that Democrats and Obama had to delivering something they campaigned on and truly believed in. They spent 13 months getting the bill from an initial concept to final passage, and pressed on during many points when everybody was predicting doom. They had public hearings, multiple drafts of different bills, they kept negotiating, even worked into Christmas. They made significant changes at times, but also never lost sight of their key goals. They didn't back down in the face of angry town halls and after losing their filibuster-proof majority, and many members cast votes that they knew risked their political careers. Obama himself was a leader, who consistently made it clear that he was not going to walk away. He did countless rallies, meetings, speeches — even a "summit" at the Blair House — to try to sell the bill, talking about details, responding to criticisms of the bill to the point that he was mocked by conservatives for talking so much about healthcare.

The contrast between Obama and Democrats on healthcare and what just happened is stunning. House Republicans slapped together a bill in a few weeks (months if we're being generous) behind closed doors with barely any debate. They moved the bill through committees at blazing speed, conducted closed-door negotiations that resulted in relatively minor tweaks to the bill, and within 17 days, Trump decided that he'd had enough, and was ready to walk away if members didn't accept the bill as is.
More Here and it's good
0 Replies

old europe

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 06:45 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Now, does it really matter what day Trump was where? He isn't a computer, he doesn't have instant recall and as he has shown repeatedly, he gets things jumbled up sometimes.

He gets things "jumbled up" almost every single day. Usually on more than one occasion.

Maybe you're on to something. Maybe Trump is just not fit for such a stressful job. Maybe he's just too old.

Can't remember things accurately. Can't let go of his obsessive compulsive tweeting habit. Would rather play golf than get involved in the nitty gritty of policy making. Had no idea that healthcare could be so complicated. Thinks daily intelligence briefings aren't interesting, or necessary. Insists that his briefings be short, ideally limited to one page. Likes bullet points and graphics. Wants as little writing as possible.

That kind of thing.
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 06:54 pm
@old europe,
Trump's Triumph of Incompetence.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/opinion/sunday/trumps-triumph-of-incompetence.html?_r=0
ossobucotemp

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 07:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
These folks are a composite of posturing nincompoops, but so what? We are the ones who voted them in. Well, more or less: I didn't vote them in, but apparently as a country, we did re other means.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 07:26 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:

Look at the majority of people here... I doubt Trump could say or do anything that would sway them at all.

He'd have to earn our (limited) trust.

As of now I haven't seen one statement or action which really would count as exceptionally praiseworthy. And farting on the Paris Climate Accord really set the bastard back in my book — he'll have to do one hell of a lot to climb out of the septic pit he dug for himself with that little stunt. But if he "leads" Congress through the next budget crisis and averts a government shutdown I'll give him a qualified thumbs up for one news cycle at least.

edgarblythe

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 07:33 pm
He would have to do admirable things to get me to ease off. I don't see him as wanting to help anybody but himself and his buddies.
0 Replies

old europe

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 07:49 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Imagine sitting in your downtown Manhattan place and watching the news and you see this on the news:

15 years later you get asked about your memories and you recall that video. Next thing you know all that is on the news is what you said, not that shitty Palestinians were dancing around celebrating 9/11.

Of course, the other problem with McGentrix' "maybe he got confused between New Jersey and Palestine" theory is this: when Trump was told that there was no evidence for his claim, that this sort of thing never happened, that he was mistaken, his response was:

Quote:
I saw it. So many people saw it. And, so, why would I take it back? I’m not going to take it back.

It did happen in New Jersey. I have hundreds of people that agree with me.

I have a very good memory, I’ll tell you. I saw it somewhere on television many years ago. And I never forgot it.

I guess that leaves us with two options: either he misremembered, and when it was brought to his attention, he decided to just run with this false fact and claim that it was true. Or he knew he was wrong in the first place, and when this falsehood was pointed out to him, he just refused to acknowledge it and doubled down on his lie.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 07:50 pm
@hightor,
Trump could never win my trust. He's proven in the past that he's a racial bigot, liar, con and scammer. Oh, almost forgot misogynist.
Why women like this guy is a mystery to me. He inherited his wealth.
giujohn

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 07:58 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

Poor Al sounds a like a broken record, eh? A one-trick donkey, ya might say.

http://media-cdn.timesfreepress.com/img/photos/2016/11/30/161201fpmccoy8203805787_t755_h05a693ea5ab6fba545700dc23ead83a75b4811c1.jpg

Hee Haw Hee Haw
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 08:01 pm
@giujohn,
he's a racial bigot, liar, con and scammer.

Don't know how to count yet, heh? LOL

Why Trump's con can't last forever. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-trumps-con-cant-last-forever/2017/01/23/3289ed06-e195-11e6-ba11-63c4b4fb5a63_story.html?utm_term=.2da6b721b886

Trump just scammed the white working class.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/11/23/how-long-before-the-white-working-class-realizes-trump-was-just-scamming-them/?utm_term=.861e0e383d19

Trump; liar in chief.
http://www.oregonlive.com/trending/2017/01/oregon_congressman_calls_donal.html

Bigot Trump appoints bigots.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/king-donald-trump-appoints-bigots-bigot-article-1.2969317

Trump the misogynist.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/08/trumps-misogyny-problem-how-donald-has-repeatedly-targeted-women
Below viewing threshold (view)
giujohn

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 08:04 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

There's no denying that Obama lied, but the level and number of lies compared to Trump is insignificant.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/09/opinion/trump-trapped-in-his-lies-keeps-lying-sad.html?_r=0

Ooohhhhhh.....I see...It's a matter of degrees huh?

How hypocritical if you.
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 08:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Not only anti-Semitism: Racial bigotry and religious bigotry. Trump is now the spokesman for that ilk.
He's careful about anti-Semitism because of his daughter's husband. He's fooling very few if they heard his own words about Muslims and Mexicans. Add to that his bigotry against blacks. His bigotry is in his DNA.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/09/democratic-senators-must-press-nominees-on-donald-trump-s-bigotry.html

So was that a saliva, semen, or urine sample you got from him...Wait...I don't think I want to know...You live like you wanna live boy!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 08:12 pm
@giujohn,
We know who you are by who you support. Don't feel lonely; there are many like you in this country.

Oh, and BTW, Trump's approval rating is now at 36%. The lowest in history for being in office for such a short time. That speaks volumes about you.
giujohn

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 08:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

We know who you are by who you support. Don't feel lonely; there are many like you in this country.

Oh, and BTW, Trump's approval rating is now at 36%. The lowest in history for being in office for such a short time. That speaks volumes about you.

Are those the same polls that said Hillary was going to win???

Hey...Tell the truth...How many times have you written him...Does the secret service have your name I'm betting?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 09:09 pm
@revelette1,
Quote:
The Russian Scandal has Reached the Trump Family

Bullshit. The only scandal worth talking about which involves Russia in this world is the scandal of our deep state and military-industrial complex wanting Russia as a permanent adversary because no other theoretical adversary could justify the fat cat pocket lining projects and technologies including things like aircraft carriers and that F 35 jet fighter which military experts describe as a flying pig whose main purpose is the spending of money. All of this stupid **** has brought us to a point of spending 57% of our discretionary funds on our military while our infrastructure crumbles and the demoKKKrat party is not only cool with that but has developed a permanent office for demonizing Russia.

Russia is a Christian country. The most major thing you notice on any kind of a tour of Russia is the churches and monasteries and cathedrals. There are enough lunatics in this world that we should not need to have weapons pointed at Christians.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 09:11 pm
Unlike the media I know how to spell liar. Trump is a pathalogical liar and so are most of his supporters.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 09:14 pm
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/23/virgil-trump-connects-to-the-taproot-of-american-economic-nationalism-with-henry-clays-american-system/

Quote:

In his March 20 speech in Louisville, Kentucky, President Trump sounded many familiar and important themes, including the importance of jobs, manufacturing, trade, and the need to revive the coal industry. And yet he also added a new and larger “meta-theme,” namely, the urgency of building up our industrial strength for the sake of economic and national security. That meta-theme, we might observe, is the essence of the “American System” of Henry Clay.
Henry who? Let’s let Trump, speaking on the 20th, describe him: “Henry Clay was the legendary Kentucky politician who became the eighth Speaker of the House in 1811.” The President continued, “Clay was a fierce advocate for American manufacturing. He wanted it badly.” .....
0 Replies