monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 02:59 pm
@McGentrix,
Trump has acted and said things that proves his bigotry. He doesn't any defenders to prove otherwise.

https://thelibtard.com/100-racistbigoted-sexist-comments-donald-trump-words.html
glitterbag

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 03:00 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Jesus could have run as a Republican and had a less than 50% approval on Gallup this early in the cycle.

Antisemitism no doubt.

You made me laugh
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 03:01 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

Jesus would probably be targeted as a terrorist.

Damn, then you made me laugh again
0 Replies

layman

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 03:11 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Reporting the existence and substance of rumors is legitimate;

Ya think? Seriously?

Maybe if you're a check-out counter tabloid, eh?
old europe

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 03:13 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
It would seem by your above statement that you do subscribe to a "hierarchy of lies".

Nah, it's fine with me if you want to call broken campaign promises "lies" as well.

I'm just pointing out that a President not being able to follow through on campaign promises might get different reception in the media than a President straight up, demonstrably, lying to the public.

Baldimo wrote:
It might be true for some of the current coverage, but you have to be honest, the media has been all over Trump since the election, even before he had taken office, the media was more concerned with the protesters and their claims then they were a newly elected President.

The media also covered the tea party protests under Obama extensively, so I'm not sure these claims of unfair media treatment are particularly valid.

And of course Trump has been lying a lot even before he got into office - and when he wasn't making false statements or straight up lying, he tweeted out the most outrageous stuff, presumably to drown out the other candidates and lead the news cycle.

Baldimo wrote:
It's been a media scam from the start and Trump hasn't helped himself in the least. He needs his twitter account taken away.

It clearly worked for him during the campaign. It was a gish gallop of outrage and falsehoods, and Trump was able to stay ahead of the media and fact checkers and other candidates by drowning out any reporting about previous lies, outrage and falsehoods by tweeting new lies, outrage and falsehoods.

It's arguably working against him now, and you may feel free to blame the media for that, but if that's your argument, then you should probably also blame the media for giving us President Trump in the first place.
layman

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 03:19 pm
@layman,
hightor wrote:
Reporting the existence and substance of rumors is legitimate

Quote:
Handbook of Journalism

THE ESSENTIALS OF REUTERS SOURCING:

Reporting rumours

Reuters aims to report the facts, not rumors. Clients rely on us to differentiate between fact and rumor.

http://handbook.reuters.com/index.php?title=The_Essentials_of_Reuters_sourcing#Reporting_rumours

Like, who knew, eh?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 03:26 pm
@old europe,
Here's more "hierarchy of lies."
https://donaldtrumpleak.com/trail-of-broken-promises-donald-trumps-lengthening-list-of-empty-lies-and-idle-boasts-salon/

Mango Mussolini's promises on ISIS. He claimed he knew more about ISIS than the generals.
Quote:
“Knocking the hell out of ISIS.” During the campaign, Mango Mussolini repeatedly claimed that he knew more about the extremist group ISIS than the generals currently fighting it. He also promised to reveal his own secret plan for beating ISIS — beyond bombing the group and the families of its members — after the election.

After the inauguration, this morphed into Trump’s ordering the Pentagon to present a plan for defeating ISIS within 30 days. Since then the administration has been pretty quiet about all this. Perhaps that’s because the military delivered a plan that was described as being much like the one that the Obama administration had carried out for two years, but more of it.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 03:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I've read through a bunch of these and I got to say, what a bunch of crap. Well over half the things they talk about are so taken out of context and meaning that it isn't even worth trying to reply to them.
NSFW (view)
NSFW (view)
old europe

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 03:44 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
Now, one of the big Pinocchio's is that Trump predicted Brexit in a tweet and because he didn't swear on his mother's grave and sign an affidavit that he meant it, he gets tagged for lying that he said he predicted Brexit...

Trump said "I happened to be in Scotland at Turnberry, cutting a ribbon when Brexit happened, and we had a vast amount of press there. And I said 'Brexit' — this was the day before, you probably remember — I said 'Brexit is going to happen,' and I was scorned in the press for making that prediction. I was scorned."

This got flagged as a lie because Trump wasn't even in Scotland at all the day before the Brexit. Instead, he was campaigning in New York, incidentally calling Hillary "a world-class liar" who personally profited from politics. Instead, he arrived in Scotland the day after the Brexit vote, and subsequently congratulated the people of Scotland on their vote - apparently not knowing that Scotland overwhelmingly voted to remain in the EU.

The problem here isn't Trump's Brexit prediction. It's that he absolutely doesn't care about the truth as long as something makes a good story that portrays him as the smartest guy in the room.

Seems like a bit of a double standard that conservatives were roasting Hillary for years for her "landed under sniper fire" story, but have absolutely no problem with those small lies Trump is spouting on a daily basis.
layman

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 03:48 pm
@old europe,
Quote:
It's that he absolutely doesn't care about the truth as long as something makes a good story...

I aint run across nobody yet who lets truth get in the way of a good story, eh?

Quote:
“Honesty is the best policy -- when there is money in it." (Mark Twain)
0 Replies

thack45

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 03:53 pm
There were no lies! This has been a successful administration!!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 03:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Provide us with an example of your "out of context" statement. And please provide us why "they are out of context."

I've already talked about some of this with you, but you keep posting the same crap, why bother?

cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 03:54 pm
@Baldimo,
You're the one posting the same crap. Otherwise, there won't be any need for me to ask you to clarify.
Did you know that some people can change their mind about anything from one day to the next? Maybe not.
layman

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 03:55 pm
This Farage perv ROCKS, by the way:

0 Replies

blatham

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 04:09 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
And he's a campmate of mine. !

You might want to keep that on the lowdown.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 04:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You're the one posting the same crap. Otherwise, there won't be any need for me to ask you to clarify.

Are you high? Smoking some of that Maui Wowie out there in HI? I'm post the same crap? Every single day, you post the same stuff "Liar, scammer bigot..." I could go on and on. It's all been brought up before but you keep up with your "">>Trump is a....".

BTW, >>, is the start of a macro for your Trump love.

Quote:
Did you know that some people can change their mind about anything from one day to the next? Maybe not.

?
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 04:13 pm
@Baldimo,
Ad hom.
Baldimo

Tue 28 Mar, 2017 04:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sorry, but you do post the same stuff over and over again. It's why I created a keyboard shortcut for you. >>Trump is a ...

So you claiming I post the same stuff all the time wasn't an ad hom? Pot meet kettle.
0 Replies