monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

blatham

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:34 pm
There's a big fat clue here as to why Trump and many others including the Koch boys have goals that align with modern Russian leaderwhip
Quote:
There is nothing new about a Russian government seeking to exert influence in Western countries. For many decades, the Soviet Union supported Western communist parties and ran disinformation campaigns (Operation Infektion, the campaign to convince the world that the United States invented AIDS, was one of the most famous). The KGB slipped money and guns into the hands of terrorists and extremists, the Red Army Faction and the Irish Republican Army among them.

After the demise of the Soviet Union, these games stopped. The KGB was in disarray; more important, a large part of the Russian establishment then wanted to join the West, not undermine it. But now we live in a different era. Russia is run not by “reformers” but by very rich men who believe that Western institutions, and Western democratic ideals, threaten their power and their stolen money.
Read this WP piece
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:38 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
LOL, did you yourself "stand by" when the "patriot act" of the shrub-cheney cabal listed names of people, and placed them under house arrest, until they could prove their innocence?

What nonsense is this?
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:40 pm
@hightor,
a friend of an internet friend wrote:
And it would be a lot of fun to watch Trump go through impeachment and have his lying, narcissistic, kleptocratic ass shown the door. So I vote for that.

This friend of a friend doesn't seem to understand that presidents are not impeached for merely doing things that liberals dislike.

And even if there were actual impeachable offenses here, there is little chance that the Republicans are going to let the Democrats get away with removing a Republican president after the Democrats placed Bill Clinton above the law.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:40 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
I can take it...Tell me...Is it lupus?

No, it's not lupus. It's not lepus, either.

I know what a lepus is ... thanks to Hollywood.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZkbCauPdlCxy0/giphy.gif

Forgive me! Mr. Green
Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Your imagination is on overdrive. You are silly and uninformed.

No. His facts were all in order.

I know liberals really don't like facts, but that dislike doesn't make those facts stop existing.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
People like you hate facts, so like a child give it a thumb down.

Notice that it is the conservatives who are posting all the facts, and the liberals who are doing all the downvoting.
ossobucotemp

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:08 pm
Photo break time:

I haven't seen this exact photo before. It's in Esquire, via Getty images.

http://esq.h-cdn.co/assets/17/12/980x490/landscape-1490542550-gettyimages-655932120.jpg

The article:
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/news/a54130/trump-merkel-nato/
oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:13 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
I bet you're talking thru your rectum.

I bet everything he said is 100% true.
oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:15 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:
I agree with him, he could have won easily.

No. The 2013 gun control debacle made it impossible for any Democrat to win in 2016.
oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:17 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:
Nice try, cheese-eater.

That aint what Koppel said at all. He said he thought that, as an opinion commentator (not a journalist), Hannity "was very good at what he does," but that he thought it attracted people who "think that ideology is more important than facts." The typical left-wing distortion of what legitimate people say, eh?

Koppel was NOT talking about Hannity, per se, until Hannity asked him what he thought was wrong with "opinion" pieces like his. He was talking about the media in general, the so-called "main stream media."

Quote:
In a Gallup Poll conducted in September 2016, only 32 percent of respondents said they had “a great deal” or “a fair amount” of trust in the media.

Koppel: "the fact of the matter is by being so openly adversarial, I think it has simply divided the country even more than it was. I think the mainstream media may have to back off a little bit..."

To ignore one side or the other “just adds to more and more extreme partisanship,” Koppel says.

" We can't just get lost in our own little bubble or our own little opinion silo.”

Every left-wing rag will ONLY report what he said about Hannity, and ignore his direct criticism of them.

Liberals have some sort of weird fixation with Fox News. Every time you hit them with a fact that they are uncomfortable with, they always start babbling about Fox News.

I don't watch Fox News, but I've started thinking about it. A month or so ago in one of these threads, the liberals started yammering about that time about 10 years ago when Wikileaks released the video from the helicopters where we accidentally killed that Reuters journalist who was intermingling with terrorists who were firing on American soldiers. The Reuters guy wasn't wearing anything to signify that he was a reporter.

We were of course justified in shooting at the terrorists, but would have held our fire had we known that the reporter was mixed in with them.

Anyway, I started to dig up some links about the incident in case the liberals here kept on yammering about it and I wanted to respond to their nonsense, and I came across a report that Fox News was the only media outlet that didn't make a knee jerk assumption that the US was in the wrong.

I was impressed that Fox News took the time to get that story right from the beginning, and while I'm not looking for a new news channel right now, if I ever do find myself looking for a new news channel, they will likely be it.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 11:42 pm
@gungasnake,
quoth the conservaturd
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 12:04 am
@oralloy,
No one else thinks the so-called debacle, where 90% of the country, including 2/3 of NRA members agreed with Obama,s position, had any effect on 2016, when in fact Hillary Clinton received 2.8 million morevotes than Trump did, a decisive rejection of his agenda, as borne out subsequently I his approval ratings, already dipping regularly into the high 30% range. They're already talking about hi being a lame duck president with no political coattails left.
MontereyJack

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 12:06 am
@oralloy,
all your "facts" are nothing but some right wing zealot's opinions.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 12:09 am
@ossobucotemp,
Merkel is clearly saying to herself, "How did I get stuck up here with this madman? Will he never shut up?" Notice the sneer on Trump's lips.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 12:10 am
@oralloy,
You'd lose bigly.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 27 Mar, 2017 12:31 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
No one else thinks the so-called debacle, where 90% of the country, including 2/3 of NRA members agreed with Obama,s position, had any effect on 2016,

Every step that I predicted came to pass.

Obama wasted 100% of his second term's political capital, as I predicted.

Without any political capital, Obama failed to advance any legislation through Congress in his second term, as I predicted.

Without the president getting any legislation passed for six long years, a very strong urge for change arose in the voters in 2016, as I predicted.

The Democratic candidate, no matter what his or her strengths, was ultimately unable to overcome this overwhelming urge for change, as I predicted.

The nice thing about facts and reality is, even when Democrats deny their existence, they still lead to Republican victories.
0 Replies