monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

thack45

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 07:58 pm
@thack45,
thack45 wrote:

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/confused/smileys-confused-389931.gif

So is america great again yet?
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 09:15 pm
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-security-whitehouse-idUSKBN16Y07G

A woman was arrested on Sunday after scaling at fence at the Treasury Building in Washington D.C., and a spokesman for the U.S. Secret Service said she had been apprehended twice in the last week, once for trying to jump a White House fence.

The woman, who was not identified by the Secret Service, was carrying a backpack and sleeping bag but no weapons when she was taken into custody on the grounds of the Treasury Building, Secret Service spokesman Shawn Holtzclaw said.

Following her arrest, agents determined that the woman had been arrested on March 21 for trying to jump the south fence of the White House, which is adjacent to the Treasury Building, and released the next day after a court appearance.

On Friday, Holtzclaw said, the woman was again taken into custody after she was spotted in the area, violating a "stay away" order issued by the judge in the first case. She appeared in court again the following day and was again released on her own recognizance.

(There is more text at the link)

I suppose lots of stuff like this happens, and I suppose security is actually quite tight, but it seems odd to me that they released her again.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 09:32 pm
I don't know yet what if anything to make of this:
JUST IN: All 8 Supreme Court Justices Stand In Solidarity Against Trump SCOTUS Pick
http://bipartisanreport.com/2017/03/26/just-in-all-8-supreme-court-justices-stand-in-solidarity-against-trump-scotus-pick/
layman

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 09:32 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
I am asking you, do you believe that if psychopaths didn't have access to firearms then the shootings they commit would not happen?

It's dumb, right?

Naw, it aint dumb. It's a non sequitur.

The question being asked here is more like:

If a cop stopped an MS-13 gangster, with gang tats all over his sorry-ass face, and found an illegal gun tucked in his wasteband, but then just told him to go on home, and then, when the cop turned his back, the thug blew him away, do you believe the cop wouldn't have been shot if he had confiscated the illegal gun?
0 Replies

roger

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 09:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's almost incredible. Do you know if justices have a reputation for speaking on appointees? I've never actually known even one to make such a statement.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 09:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's interesting!
0 Replies

layman

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 09:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

JUST IN: All 8 Supreme Court Justices Stand In Solidarity Against Trump SCOTUS Pick
http://bipartisanreport.com/2017/03/26/just-in-all-8-supreme-court-justices-stand-in-solidarity-against-trump-scotus-pick/

What you should make of it is to pay no damn attention to headlines on left-wing websites.

It's fake news. They did not "stand against him as pick" at all. They don't oppose his nomination.

This idiotic site of yours says all 8 justices signed a letter addressed to congress about about Gorsuch--completely false.

The author of the rag they cite for their information merely has it's "reporter" opine that a statement made in a case before the Supreme Court today was, as he read it, at variance with a statement Gorsuch made in a 2008 case.

Utter hogwash.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 09:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
It's a piece of crap, edgar. There's no way such a thing would happen. I don't know this site but it is not out to inform. More likely to make dollars with fake stories.
ossobucotemp

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 09:53 pm
@blatham,
OK, that makes sense.
Too bad, I was beginning to consider if that were possible... but it doesn't fit into the picture frame.
layman

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:00 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

It's a piece of crap, edgar. There's no way such a thing would happen. I don't know this site but it is not out to inform. More likely to make dollars with fake stories.

Ed, weren't you just accusing someone else of being "gullible?"
0 Replies

McGentrix

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:01 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

McGentrix wrote:
I am asking you, "do you believe that if illegal immigrants were not here that the crimes they commit would not happen?"

Honestly, McG???

I can't even believe you posed that as a question.

Quote:
I am asking you, do you believe that if psychopaths didn't have access to firearms then the shootings they commit would not happen?

It's dumb, right?

Ok, so you're not going to answer that simple question? I don't know why you feel you need to steer the question away from what I asked.

Watch this... Yes, I do believe that if psychopaths didn't have access to firearms then the shootings they commit would not happen. In fact, I will go a step further and demand that they do back ground checks on anyone buying a gun. Like they do. Cause it's the law. I expect them to follow the law.

That being said, I would disagree if you said everyone shouldn't have access to firearms. That would be contrary to the second amendment.

Now, your turn.

"Do you believe that if illegal immigrants were not here that the crimes they commit would not happen?"

I fully expect you to not answer the question again, but we will see if you do or not.
blatham

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:05 pm
@ossobucotemp,
SC members never do that sort of thing, ever. And even if there was such a history, agreement in this instance is just not imaginable. A good way to make an initial check on some "blockbuster" story that emerges is to just do a "google news" check. If it isn't all over the place there, it's almost certainly crap.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:07 pm
Trivia time...

How do you pronounce Nunes?

I've friends with the last name of Nunez, and maybe he says it like that, but I wonder - is this guy called Noons? (I don't have a tv, so I miss all this important stuff.)
layman

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:10 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

Trivia time...

How do you pronounce Nunes?

I've friends with the last name of Nunez, but I wonder - is this guy called Noons?

It rhymes with "loony," eh?

Well, maybe not. I aint got no clue, but its sounds good, doncha think?
ossobucotemp

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:11 pm
@layman,
That could work..
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:17 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
He is just pushing buttons. Ignore the fellow.

I guess you're just unfamiliar with thinking for yourself.

Those of us who think for ourselves are horrified at all the suffering that liberals inflict on innocent people.

It is a natural reaction to just want such vile people carted off somewhere where they are no longer able to cause suffering.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:19 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
You are miserably dumb Bubba and that is why a Darwin award is coming you're way.

Says the guy who wasn't smart enough to figure out my logic in another thread and started accusing me of magical thinking.

Your inability to follow my thoughts doesn't mean that I'm the dumb one.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:20 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Whatever really happened, this catastrophe is of a magnitude that even Fox is shooting bullets at their own side.

Oh please. Catastrophe?

Sure, they would have preferred to get the bill passed. But this isn't the end of the world.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:22 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
I have yet to met someone as paranoid as oralloy. He is off the charts.

That's just goofy.

I take you are desperate to attack me because you dislike people who are smarter than you, and this was the best that you could come up with.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 10:23 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
Have you heard of response bots?
He "talks" like one of them.

What, because I post facts that contradict your goofy "9/11 was carried out by space aliens" theory?
0 Replies