monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

edgarblythe

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 04:54 pm
If there is an oncoming stampede of wild camels and there are two women in the path, one a citizen, one not a citizen, and you can manage to save just one, which one would you save?
layman

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 05:06 pm
Steve Bannon says he admires Michael Moore, eh? Who knew?

By the way, what's up with the girl? She just sits there. Wouldn't he let her talk? You tell me.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 05:16 pm
@revelette1,
Sounds like that's right.
0 Replies

blatham

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 05:22 pm
Very good piece at Politico in the role of the Freedom Caucus in screwing up Trump and Ryan's plans
Quote:
This account of the Freedom Caucus’ central role in the health care showdown is based on interviews with more than two dozen Republican legislators, White House officials and congressional aides. Time and again, they described the tortured, toxic political dynamic within the House Republican Conference — old news to those who’ve followed years of internecine battles between the far-right and leadership, but never experienced or appreciated until now by Trump.
Politico
These people deserve each other.
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 05:28 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Funny or racist?

Although it implies that the white Southern sheriff is a bigot, I don't consider it "racist", although we can pretty much assume that the black guy was killed by racists. It's obviously referring to the Jim Crow era (or a holdover sub-culture) and there are many, many examples of stereotypical good ol' boys making these kinds of cracks in movies and TV.

I've got an entire book of old racist jokes from the thirties. Lots of Paddy jokes, Jew jokes, and of course plenty of Rastus jokes — "Ain't nobody in here but us chickens" kind of humor, real knee-slappers, yuk-yuk-yuk. I don't actually mind them — they don't incense me or make me want to burn the book. They don't particularly make me want to laugh either but the stupidity and ignorance of our fellow humans can often provoke a chuckle or two. The book was compiled as a master list of "illustrations" so that after-dinner speakers could pepper up their boring speeches. "And that reminds me of a story... "

You assume he was killed by a racist?? It would be more likely that he was killed by another black and the sheriff was being a indifferent...But you think just like a liberal...You can't help it.
layman

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 05:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

If there is an oncoming stampede of wild camels and there are two women in the path, one a citizen, one not a citizen, and you can manage to save just one, which one would you save?

That's a no-brainer, eh, Ed? Why even ask?

Sheeit......
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 05:29 pm
@giujohn,
You can't help thinking like a conservative; you can't help it.
blatham

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 06:07 pm
Take a gander at the dishonesty in this statement from Mulvaney today.
Quote:
White House budget director Mick Mulvaney on Sunday lamented that the latest push to repeal and replace the Affordable Care act had failed because Washington was "lot more rotten" than the Trump administration had thought.

Though Mulvaney, a former South Caroline representative and House Freedom Caucus member, emphasized that there was "plenty of blame to go around" as to why the American Health Care Act did not get a successful vote, he said the winner was clear.

"I think what happened is that Washington won," he said. "I think if there's anything that's disappointing and sort of an educational process to the Trump administration was that this place was a lot more rotten than we thought that it was, and that I thought it was."

He added: "It's sort of the powers that be in Washington that won.
Politico
If this wasn't so despicably dishonest, it would be laughable.

Republicans control the WH and the Congress. This was Ryan's bill. This is entirely their mess. And he blames "rotten Washington". He's a Tea Party guy who has been in the House since 2011 and he's one of the founders of the Freedom Caucus!
cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 06:09 pm
@blatham,
They forget that by pointing, more fingers are pointing to themselves.

http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/95/9525/2K34500Z/posters/barry-blitt-the-new-yorker-cover-february-1-2016.jpg
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 06:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You can't help thinking like a conservative; you can't help it.

Ah...The peanut gallery is heard from.
cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 06:14 pm
@giujohn,
And you're going to hear a lot more. Wink
hightor

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 06:30 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
I am asking you, "do you believe that if illegal immigrants were not here that the crimes they commit would not happen?"

Honestly, McG???

I can't even believe you posed that as a question.

Quote:
I am asking you, do you believe that if psychopaths didn't have access to firearms then the shootings they commit would not happen?

It's dumb, right?
izzythepush

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 06:32 pm
The sense of entitlement that allows some people to control not only women's bodies but the clothes they wear continues. This can be called a lot of things but freedom is not one of them.

Quote:
United Airlines has been heavily criticised on social media after two girls were reportedly barred from flying for wearing leggings.

The incident happened on a flight from Denver to Minneapolis on Sunday morning, activist Shannon Watts said.

A United gate agent was "forcing" the girls, one of them aged 10, to change their clothes or wear dresses over the leggings, she tweeted.

United said the girls were travelling on a ticket that had a dress code.

They were "United pass travellers", which are tickets for company employees or eligible dependents, it explained in a Twitter exchange on the issue.

Shannon Watts, founder of the group Moms Demand Action for gun reforms, tweeted about what happened to five girls when they tried to board a flight at Denver airport.

She said three of the girls were allowed to fly after putting dresses over the top of their clothing, but two were prevented from boarding.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39401145
giujohn

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 06:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

And you're going to hear a lot more. Wink

No doubt... I wait with bated breath.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 06:56 pm
@hightor,
That's only a test in logic. LOL
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 06:56 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The sense of entitlement that allows some people to control not only women's bodies but the clothes they wear continues. This can be called a lot of things but freedom is not one of them.

Quote:
United Airlines has been heavily criticised on social media after two girls were reportedly barred from flying for wearing leggings.

The incident happened on a flight from Denver to Minneapolis on Sunday morning, activist Shannon Watts said.

A United gate agent was "forcing" the girls, one of them aged 10, to change their clothes or wear dresses over the leggings, she tweeted.

United said the girls were travelling on a ticket that had a dress code.

They were "United pass travellers", which are tickets for company employees or eligible dependents, it explained in a Twitter exchange on the issue.

Shannon Watts, founder of the group Moms Demand Action for gun reforms, tweeted about what happened to five girls when they tried to board a flight at Denver airport.

She said three of the girls were allowed to fly after putting dresses over the top of their clothing, but two were prevented from boarding.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39401145

You ain't got a freaking clue. No one forced them to accept the rules of the pass, they agreed to the rules then wanted to change them in midstream...Too ******* bad.

Leave it to a clueless bleeding heart libatard to invent rights where none exist.
cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 07:01 pm
@giujohn,
This is also a clue....
Quote:
No one forced them to accept the rules of the pass, ....
giujohn

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 07:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

This is also a clue....
Quote:
No one forced them to accept the rules of the pass, ....

So...You're agreeing g with me?

Wow...Why are ya agreeing with me...Am I dieing or something?
cicerone imposter

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 07:08 pm
@giujohn,
You may assume anything you wish.
giujohn

Sun 26 Mar, 2017 07:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You may assume anything you wish.

I can take it...Tell me...Is it lupus?